Craptacular music. XD

Started by Glitch, March 02, 2009, 11:22:11 AM

Glitch

I've been working on my project/band for sometime, but I finally got music finished. Despite having no good equipment(my head phones are the microphone!) I made something resembling songs. Behold Chibi Riot! http://www.myspace.com/chibiriot
At least give me an A for creativity and effort. ^^ The sounds of fandom in it's glory.

zoupzuop2

It's definitely beyond the expected! Almost an avant-garde/comedy feel to it, if that's what you're going for (and if that made any sense).

If you were going for something a bit more "mainstream", may I recommend using a MIDI sequencer and clicking in the notes/quantizing them to a tighter rhythm? The drums/programming seems like it was played in... which is good for some moments but tends not to sound so great when it's the very basis on which a song is laid down. Using that will make the drums sound a bit more mechanical, but at the very least it'll sound a bit more structured.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Glitch

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on March 05, 2009, 12:46:52 AM
It's definitely beyond the expected! Almost an avant-garde/comedy feel to it, if that's what you're going for (and if that made any sense).

If you were going for something a bit more "mainstream", may I recommend using a MIDI sequencer and clicking in the notes/quantizing them to a tighter rhythm? The drums/programming seems like it was played in... which is good for some moments but tends not to sound so great when it's the very basis on which a song is laid down. Using that will make the drums sound a bit more mechanical, but at the very least it'll sound a bit more structured.
That actually sums it up quite well. Thank you XD  It is somewhat experimental. I am trying to do my best to put my experiences in anime fandom into music form, but at the same making happy and fun songs. It is intentionaly made to sound comical and wacky.
I would love to use a midi sequencer, I am hoping freeware versions of one exist. ^^;

zoupzuop2

"Midisoft Studio 4".
Look it up... carefully.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.