Pre Registration Extension?

Started by N.E.R.V.agent220, March 02, 2009, 10:49:41 PM

N.E.R.V.agent220

Due to our tough economy and some people can't come up with the money. I believe we should extend our pre registration till late April because by then our taxes will be done and we know how much do we get back in return, Most colleges and universities will get the second half of their Financial Aid grants and unemployment benefits will be extended. 

Moderators: You can lock this topic up, but its the truth in the struggling economy

Members: Reply your message if its a good idea, It can be a big help financially

codex biblio

I'm not going to comment about taxes. But if anyone is really depending on their school financial aid and/or unemployment benefits to go to this convention, they really need to re-think their priorities right now. In other words, I don't think extending the pre-reg will help that much.

KyraEnsui

Pre-registration was up ever since last year and with that, it was a good time to save up money with that amount of time.

April is the deadline to do taxes, but then when anyone get their W-2s and other forms in the mail around February, anyone can file their taxes then. I filed mine way back in January.

As for FinAid and grants, you'll get them before end of March unless something happens or changes.

Like the previous post, rethink your priorities now for the lack of planning.

Nyxyin

In previous years, I believe something called "early registration" kicked in when "pre-registration" closed, with the difference being something like $5 (and maybe early registration people didn't get laminated badges).  If $5 is "a big help financially", maybe consider volunteering.  http://www.fanime.com/bfff.html#vols

M

Quote from: codex biblio on March 02, 2009, 10:56:03 PM
I'm not going to comment about taxes. But if anyone is really depending on their school financial aid and/or unemployment benefits to go to this convention, they really need to re-think their priorities right now. In other words, I don't think extending the pre-reg will help that much.
I don't think I can say anything better than this.

As much as FanimeCon's staff and members would love to have everyone come to the convention, it's better if you take care of your finances first. If you are waiting for your tax return, it's best that you wait.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

OGIGA

Hmm, I guess if saving $5 is a big deal, then saving $55 or $60 is a big deal times 11 or 12. You'll only get to enjoy the activities that don't require admission though, like the gatherings, but you'll get what you paid for (or don't get what you didn't pay for).