[Art/Craft] Leather Wall Hangings

Started by SukebeStudios, March 03, 2009, 03:15:59 AM

SukebeStudios

Well, one business I was thinking of reviving is making hand made and painted "Native American Style" wall hangings...of anime.

Let me explain what I'm talking about.

The hangings are buckskin or leather stretched over a metal ring, with an image panted on the flat face. Dangling below are tassles of leather and feathers. As soon as I get a image of one, I'll post it, to let you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

I've made many many native style ones, Including one LARGE hanging donated to the leader of the Washoe Tribe. I've also done paintings of other things  on the hangings, such as sports team logos, political emblems, etc. However, I've only done ONE hanging of an anime character, and that was a picture of Vash the Stampede, for a friend. I've never seen this type of thing sold at the Artist Alley or Dealer's room, so as far as I know, I'm the only one that's offering this. The prices are negotiable, but also an estimate is based on size, not difficulty. These will most likely be commission only.

Small       - $10-15
Medium    - $15-30
Large       - $30-50
Anything   - $Depends on request and availability
Larger

SukebeStudios

This is the type of "Wall Hanging" I'm talking about. This is one of the original Native Style hangings I was talking about earlier

Now this one here is a life size picture of a SMALL. For anime pictures, a small would probably be something simple and recognisable, like a logo, such as the "Rose Seal" from Revolutionary Girl Utena, or a "Dragon Ball" from...well, Dragonball, or possibly a Domo-Kun face. Smalls are easy, fast, and cheap. Good for kids or if you're in one of those, "I want to buy something but I don't know what." moods. Mediums are more open for negotiations. And you have to tell me what/who you want on it. If I do not know the character/thing you're requesting, you'll need to provide images for me. The more the better.

And be realistic. Don't request a hanging with something like Optimus Prime battling Megatron down to the last nut and bolt. I'm only human damn it! LOL. Seriously though, if I can do it, I'll tell you. If I can't...I'll tell you that too.

XpHoBiaX

That is pretty awesome. Do you have any more examples to show off?

I am into leather craft as well. Unfortunately, my main focus is on tattooing. Eventually I'll get back to it though! I'll probably do masks, when I have a steadier income.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??