What's new, what's good?!?

Started by CloudStrife546, October 25, 2003, 06:07:13 PM

mstingray

cinderalla boy.  if you like lupin, you'll like this series i think.

gunslinger girl.  kinda slow for me.  good action though. about a little girl brainwashed from her past life to be an assassin/puppet of an agency.

full metal alchemist.  not bad so far.  seems interesting.  a little alchemy, a little bad guy ball busting.

full metal panic fumufu(sp).  like the 1st FMP but more of the fun school stuff.  very light so far, kinda fun.

peace maker kurogane.  set a little before the "kenshin" (meiji?  my jpn. history knowledge sucks) era.  sorta the flip side of kenshin where they get into the shinsen gumi org.  it's okay.  i'm not really bored but not really intrigued.

naruto.  got the yuu yuu hakusho and kenshin vibe to it.  i kinda like it.  i thought rock lee was the dumbest character ever created (i think i could draw him w/ a compass and a straight edge) but he's grown on me.  should be good.  now they just need to actually print a copy of "come come paradise"  :lol:  :twisted:

get backers.  watched the entire series.  not bad i guess.  seems like it cut off at the end.  kinda disatisfying since it was starting to get good.  but otherwise, it's a decent anime.  hopefully there will be more.

gilgamesh.  i don't dig the character designs.  and it's a little slow for me.  i doubt i'll watch more.

cromartie.  high school badasses/posers.  kinda funny in it's own way  kinda stupid too.

tsukihime.  not bad.  even though i read someone's spoiler on it.  should be interesting.  though it's a little slow for me.  guess i'm a bang bang shoot em up summer blockbuster kinda guy.

ikkitousen.  fan service.  i didn't get anything in the story really, just notice it's 80% fan service.  if it's a TV series, i'm surprised it aires.
former staffer

CloudStrife546

BTW, anyone seen Samurai Deeper Kyo?  I want to know a little about it, but can't find a decent review...

And...it looks like a new Ai Yori is coming out...Ai Yori Enishi, which is a sequel to Ai Yori Aoshi.  I want to get into this, it looks really cute.  But I never watched the first one, other than the first ep.  Can anyone enlighten me to what this is about?

SuperKawaiiNeko

Samurai Deeper Kyo looks allright. Ive only seen one episode. It was mediocre, but it seems to have alot of potential. Im going to get it just for the kick ass box. (the collectors box is made out of wood)

Can anyone tell me about Witch Hunter Robin? Not the story or anything, just if its good and what sort of anime it is. Im going to get the box for that too, if only because its cheap, and comes with the first volume, plus the soundtrack and a tshirt XD Also, I like the look of the main character XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

kei

witch hunter robin quick description http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,937,dkrvon,witch_hunter_ro.html or just go to animenfo.com and search witch robin

full metal panic fumoffu is funny
gundam seed is the best gundam i ever see (i only watch gwing and gx)
naruto
da capo is ok, cute girls, fan service, but i don't really like with the "extra" stories/episode...

MeliCat

Hmmm... I'm interested in the following as we speak:
Pitaten (Not that new but cute!)
Da Capo
and my new fav. Nurse Witch Komugi-chan! ^_^

I hope Nurse Witch makes it to Fanime, it's really cute!
.+:*MeliCat*:+.

RyuHayabusa

I can make copies for you Meli-chan of Pita Ten since i have the whole series on VCD format :D It's a really cute series!
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

SuperKawaiiNeko

Head of Volunteers 2010

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"O.O

Me waaaaaannnt! XD

give me the CD-R's if you come to the meeting and I'll burn them for you :D

jinnai_animexcalibur

Da Capo.....I wish I had a step-sister who likes to sleep in my bed XD

(NOTE: STEP-SISTER ....not related XD)
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

SuperKawaiiNeko

lol Jinnai! XD Me too!

Ryudo: Aww, how come Meli gets special treatment? XD

Head of Volunteers 2010

er.....i think that you should try X-Day....it's a really good manga.....also you should try I.N.V.U. that's really good too.....

RyuHayabusa

I love X-Day..now, I just wish I could find someone to cosplay Polaris lol
<3_<3

KinFreon

I've been wanting to check out X-Day, especially since it appears to touch on the same kind of violent teen angst I used to write about in high school.

I have the first volume of I.N.V.U. (which, if you want to get technical, is Korean "Man-Wha"--but who cares?)...but I couldn't get too much into it. I guess I'm so used to reading about Japanese teen culture that I couldn't adjust to reading about Korean teen culture.