Schools!

Started by Esperado, March 06, 2009, 07:50:11 AM

LordKefka

I'm more laid back I guess. I shadowed with 2 dentists before, one was a general dentist in Oakland and the other was a cosmetic dentist in Orinda.. yeah.. Orinda, probably one of the only places near Oakland (minus certain Oakland hills locations) with a society of millionaires full of doctors, dentists, top players in companies etc etc. I can just say that the few weeks I was there, it was very eye-opening because the work is very light and you can make your life so flexible. Like for example, I remember my dentist had to do a big case for some hot-shot who worked for DC on thermal nuclear energy conservations or some crap. Came in for 4 hours to get some alignment and that was the whole days worth of work, lol. I think that's one of the reasons I avoided being a doctor and going to med school as well: to avoid massive amounts of blood..@.@
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

rude32

Quote from: LordKefka on March 06, 2009, 09:40:08 PM
I'm more laid back I guess. I shadowed with 2 dentists before, one was a general dentist in Oakland and the other was a cosmetic dentist in Orinda.. yeah.. Orinda, probably one of the only places near Oakland (minus certain Oakland hills locations) with a society of millionaires full of doctors, dentists, top players in companies etc etc. I can just say that the few weeks I was there, it was very eye-opening because the work is very light and you can make your life so flexible. Like for example, I remember my dentist had to do a big case for some hot-shot who worked for DC on thermal nuclear energy conservations or some crap. Came in for 4 hours to get some alignment and that was the whole days worth of work, lol. I think that's one of the reasons I avoided being a doctor and going to med school as well: to avoid massive amounts of blood..@.@
WOW. I think I found a place to open my practice at, when I finally make it in oral surgery.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Esperado

Pft, lookit all you college students, I envy thee D: Personally, I wouldn't mind being a psychologist, or a programmer, or a writer, or a combination of the three. But I'm not too sure yet. (And possibly a freelane artist on the side, as well).
OH, I FORGOT TO SAVE.
>> nijyuushichi @ deviantART
>> ESPERADO @ Sheezyart
>> ESPERADO27 @ YouTube
>> the27 @ FFnet

rude32

Quote from: Esperado on March 06, 2009, 09:47:25 PM
Pft, lookit all you college students, I envy thee D: Personally, I wouldn't mind being a psychologist, or a programmer, or a writer, or a combination of the three. But I'm not too sure yet. (And possibly a freelane artist on the side, as well).
I've heard of freelance artist, but whats a freelane artist?

LordKefka

Quote from: rude32 on March 06, 2009, 09:44:57 PM
WOW. I think I found a place to open my practice at, when I finally make it in oral surgery.

Yeah thanks. Just don't pull a fast one by squirting fake blood at me and causing me to pass out.

Funny story for us future dentists..

I think one of the days that I went in for my job shadow, the first dentist in Oakland was extracting a rotten incisor from like.. a 70 year old women. So I guess the tooth broke off and there a part of the root that was still there. So he was probing the shit out of it while blood was rushing out. I seriously stood there without breathing for a few minutes until I almost passed out. No joke: I stood there and everything became dark in front of me..=_=;

It's a good thing I came to my senses before I hit the floor. Add in the fact I would have to do this in the future, it would be embarrassing for me to faint..>.>;

So now you know why I'm staying away from anything perio or surgery..*cough*...
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

rude32

Quote from: LordKefka on March 06, 2009, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: rude32 on March 06, 2009, 09:44:57 PM

Yeah thanks. Just don't pull a fast one by squirting fake blood at me and causing me to pass out.

Funny story for us future dentists..

I think one of the days that I went in for my job shadow, the first dentist in Oakland was extracting a rotten incisor from like.. a 70 year old women. So I guess the tooth broke off and there a part of the root that was still there. So he was probing the shit out of it while blood was rushing out. I seriously stood there without breathing for a few minutes until I almost passed out. No joke: I stood there and everything became dark in front of me..=_=;

It's a good thing I came to my senses before I hit the floor. Add in the fact I would have to do this in the future, it would be embarrassing for me to faint..>.>;

So now you know why I'm staying away from anything perio or surgery..*cough*...
One of the doctors I work for does that all the time. The other doctor I work for has never even chipped a tooth while doing an extraction, no matter how hard it is. The other has never did one without destroying the entire crown portion.

LordKefka

Yeah..

Probably unavoidable sometimes though. If it's rotting that bad, I wouldn't be surprised.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

rude32

Yeah it doesn't matter how bad or good the tooth is, she totally destroys it by trying to just muscle it out of the socket.

LordKefka

Quote from: rude32 on March 06, 2009, 10:04:44 PM
Yeah it doesn't matter how bad or good the tooth is, she totally destroys it by trying to just muscle it out of the socket.

Wow... dedication, lol.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Morgan Hill Central High School FTW!!!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

CHERRYWOODELEMENTARY FTW!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

LordKefka

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on March 06, 2009, 10:42:49 PM

In that case...Star Fire Elementary School back in China ftw! =D
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Esperado

Quote from: LordKefka on March 06, 2009, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on March 06, 2009, 10:42:49 PM

In that case...Star Fire Elementary School back in China ftw! =D

GUADALUPELEMENTRAYFTWLOLOLOLOL 8D
OH, I FORGOT TO SAVE.
>> ESPERADO @ Sheezyart
>> ESPERADO27 @ YouTube
>> the27 @ FFnet

Barnes

Quote from: Esperado on March 06, 2009, 06:03:24 PM
Ooh, Barnes, you're in college? Lucky pants D,: Being a freshman sucks. No one trakes you seriously until you're old enough to drink and have a job -sulks- What's your majorrr?

Major is undeclared. I think I'll be stuck at SJCC for a long time  :(
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Runewitt

Kurakara town High, ftw

okay, so i went to Hayward High.. in.. Hayward. BIRTHPLACE OF FANIME!
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Esperado

Quote from: Barnes on March 06, 2009, 11:21:28 PM
Quote from: Esperado on March 06, 2009, 06:03:24 PM
Ooh, Barnes, you're in college? Lucky pants D,: Being a freshman sucks. No one trakes you seriously until you're old enough to drink and have a job -sulks- What's your majorrr?

Major is undeclared. I think I'll be stuck at SJCC for a long time  :(

Hey, still better than being stuck in dumb ol' high school! 8D You'll get it done, you'll get it done~ xD
OH, I FORGOT TO SAVE.
>> ESPERADO @ Sheezyart
>> ESPERADO27 @ YouTube
>> the27 @ FFnet

BrightHeart76

Zephyr Cove Elementary (Lake Tahoe)
Kingsbury Middle (Lake Tahoe)
Reed High School (Sparks)
UNR (Reno)

I did attend Payne Elementary in the Bay for awhile.  It's in Campbell.

ooo...and both of my parents graduated from Prospect High.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.