Quick Artist Alley Question + Permit?

Started by shewolf777, March 06, 2009, 02:07:04 PM

shewolf777

Hello! Sorry to bother everyone! ^^;;;;;

I've just been very confused with all the rigamarole regarding Artist Table registration and whatnot. 

I registered for one with a friend last year. So, I believe that we turned in the table agreement and we got a receipt back, yes? Is that what we need to actually have our table? How do we know if we have a table still?

Also, we REALLY need help with the whole deal of a seller's permit. My friend and I have a table together, but we're selling things separately. Should we get a permit where we label our business as a partnership since we have the table together? Or should we each fill out a permit separately? What do we do if one of us is underage (only 17), do we have to get a different permit signed off by a parent or something?

Can anyone, who has filed/will also be filing for a permit and has experience with such matters, help us? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. <3 We really have no idea what we're doing, this is our first year. ^^;

Ah! I am so sorry to be bombarding whoever reads this with so many questions, but I really want to get all this stuff done to ensure that my friend and I can successfully sell what we make. ^_^ (Also, I could use the money, haha)

PM me, Shewolf777, if you have a lot to share about this process and want my email address... my partner is on here too as Mimikurume.

Sorry if this is redundant or I overlooked something that had all the answers or something. ^^;; I just really need help.

Thank you so much to whoever comments!

mimikurume

I am her table partner.
If you are any means intimidated by her high vocabulary, you can talk with me also.

ewu

If you purchased at 2008 then you do have a table. Please send in your sales permit.

If you are splitting ur profits then only one is needed. If you are calculating profits by the artist of the piece sold, then you need one for each of you.....BUT b/c your partner is under 18, then you will serve as her "guardian" and only need to get one.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

shewolf777

Does the person who is 18 still put the name of the underaged participant on the permit form though? And I'm making a lot of the pieces to be sold and am 17, and we were going to split the money based on what we sell, not evenly down the middle... so I really don't need to fill out one or something?

So far we were filling something out for a partnership, but I suppose that would entail splitting profits evenly, huh.... hm.

If these questions are too incessant, is there anyone else you would prefer us talk to? ^^; If not, then, I really appreciate the answers! They are very helpful.

Many thanks. ^^

ewu

just put the 18+ person on there. The other does not need to be on the permit.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

shewolf777

Wow, really? Thank you so much for the information!

Then we send a copy of the 18-year-old's permit to with the receipt we got from Fanime 2008 for our tables to what address? Is it on that contract sheet for the 2009 tables? I mean, my friend and I already filled it out last year, but should we just send our stuff to the address on it?

ewu

send it here:
Anime Resource Group
Attn: FanimeCon 2009 Artist Alley Registration
798 Auzerais Avenue
San Jose, CA 95126

thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Melonfairy

I have a few questions myself. .  and instead of making a new thread I'll just borrow this one. . .

If my sister and I are both artists and crafters and most of the things we create (art or crafts, we do together) but occasionally she does her own thing and I do my own. .  is it okay that the seller's permit and the contract are only under my name?

I was thinking of making a signed written agreement that I cover all of our products/sales. . . so she'd be something like my employee. . . 

Like my Avatar? Check out my DA for plushies, charms, and more: http://kisekinosekai.deviantart.com/

ewu

basically if two people are selling separately then separate permits. The profits between you two are muddled so one permit is fine.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Melonfairy

8D Cool, thanks ewu

I'm guessing for the AA Table Agreement/ Contract should I just put both our names on it (since we have the same address). 8D
Like my Avatar? Check out my DA for plushies, charms, and more: http://kisekinosekai.deviantart.com/

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

shewolf777

So, my partner and I got our permit... but the only instructions for sending a copy of the permit to the Anime Resource group says that we need to send a copy of a table agreement and money too, but we signed up last year at the Convention center and paid there too... but we do have a receipt that we got from there.

I mean, we're obviously in the system because we got an email asking us to request table numbers and whatnot, and we responded to that too.

What do we do about this?

ewu

Just mail a copy of the permit, or even scan it and e-mail it to [email protected]....

but for those of you TRYING you trying to get a table, we still need to receive the payment and contract in the mail before we can confirm that you have gotten a table:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sunrise-oasis

if you still have problems filling out a permit... use the link I have provide under my signature...
should say "need help signing a permit click here"

also I have a question, Will fanime provide a second email notification? because even though the tables are not full yet, I alreayd submited 2 mails both containing seperate forms.