GAMES THAT NEED TO BE BROUGHT HERE TO AMERICA

Started by Hakaru_chan, March 08, 2009, 10:31:54 PM

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: MPLe on April 09, 2009, 06:20:47 AM
Games that need to be brought to America? Simple. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. ;)
I second this, and I add to the list A.S.H(Archaic Sealed Heat).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Shinsengumi

Wangan Midnight Portable (PSP)
Princess Crown (PSP)

Can't think anything else right now
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Liquid

The international release versions of Final Fantasy games.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on April 11, 2009, 05:19:18 AM
The international release versions of Final Fantasy games.

... Why? You understand the point of the international releases in Japan right? Because they're in English. Why would the US need international version, it'll be like buying the exact same game... with 5minutes of extra content on *some* of them.

Liquid

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 11, 2009, 04:13:39 PM
... Why? You understand the point of the international releases in Japan right? Because they're in English. Why would the US need international version, it'll be like buying the exact same game... with 5minutes of extra content on *some* of them.

Obviously you don't know much about their international versions. Allow me to ejumakate you.

QuoteWikipedia:

An international version of the game called Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (ファイナルファンタジーXII インターナショナル ゾディアックジョブシステム ,Fainaru Fantajī Tuerubu Intānashonaru Zodiakku Jobu Shisutemu?) was released in Japan on August 9, 2007 as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance.[102] The game includes twelve License Boards available (instead of the original one), each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole has been tweaked; guest characters and summons are controllable by the player, and pressing the L1 button accelerates the game's speed. Additionally, the game features the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Other new features such as new licenses and renamed spells have been shown as well. There is also a "New Game+" option, "New Game- (minus)" (where characters do not gain experience), as well as a new "Trial Mode" which allows the player to hunt monsters in 100 different maps to gain items and money.

QuoteGamespot:

FFXII: International gives you a selection of twelve boards that you can set on each of your characters. Doing so will let you customize your characters into playing like a certain job; Knight, Monk, Time Mage, Breaker, Archer, Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Kikoushi (gunfighter), Uhlan (Spearman), Shikari (a fighter that uses daggers), and Mononofu (a fighter with a mix of Japanese style attacks like Samurai and Ninja skills).

Fortunately, the developers of FFXII: International intended the game to be played multiple times, and there's a new feature that lets you save time in doing so. Pressing the L1 button in FFXII: International lets you go into "Double Speed mode" where the game literally runs at double its normal speed (during both exploration and battles). Since FFXII is already using the PlayStation 2 hardware to its potential, the only way to add this feature was apparently through frame skipping. So when the Double Speed mode is turned on, the graphics move a bit choppy, albeit extremely fast.

Another major new feature in FFXII: International is the new "Trial Mode" that can be picked from the title screen menu. This mode resembles a survival style battle where you take on memorable enemies in the game (mostly bosses), one after another. You can use your characters from your saved data to fight in Trial mode, so if there's an enemy that's too strong, you can build up your party members in the normal/storyline mode, and then challenge the enemy in Trial Mode again. The enemies get stronger and stronger as you beat then, and we've been told that there might be some surprising enemies if you get near the end of the mode.

FFXII: International also features a number of additional adjustments to offer more freedom and to make the gameplay experience smoother for players. We noticed that the guest characters and summon monsters can be controlled during the battle in FFXII: International. That means a lot for the summon monsters, since you can choose when to use their special attacks. On the field, the location of treasure boxes have been changed to more convenient locations for players, and although you still get items randomly when you open them, the game's developers have raised the odds that you'll receive the items you want. It's also easier to get money than the original FFXII, so you won't have to work as hard to afford your essential items.

I did buy the FFXII International version on Ebay. I just won't open it and it cost me extra money. From everything I've read there are no options to change the menus to English. You just get the joy of hearing English voice actors. So there's no point to playing it if the menus are still in Japanese. It just gets to look pretty on my shelf with all my other Final Fantasy games.

Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

LordKefka

The best one has to be FFX international =P
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Sounds like a lot of fun.
If only I had time on hand to play it.
That is if they come out state-side.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Sigh...

Intl' versions SOUND like it's a lot of content, when it's really not. They just have more "customization" which doesn't mean crap in those games, since they were so ridiculously easy to begin with, that altering stats slightly really has no affect. Extra abilities are extremely minor.

Just to note, I watched my friend play intl for like... 3 weeks while I was over there during school and crap. It's almost exactly the same. The extra content is SO MINOR that it's negligible.

But, of course wikipedia... which is written by FF fanboys, is totally more legit.

Like I said, you're paying 70$ for the exact same game... with a little bit of extra content. Not even for a new platform.

OH GOD, BUT, NEW GAME+?!?!?!? I can play the game over with level 99 characters?!??!?!?! It was already easy before, now it's EVEN EASIER?!??!?!

-_-

Liquid

You sound like you could use a hug.
Don't look at me....I'm not doing it.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on April 11, 2009, 07:40:48 PM
You sound like you could use a hug.
Don't look at me....I'm not doing it.

Why, because I don't buy into retarded bull shit hype for mediocre games, just because they have Final Fantasy in the title?

Liquid

I wouldn't go as far as to say mediocre. FFXII has been one of my favorites thus far. But, that might be because I was a huge Vagrant Story fan...and it's pretty much made by the same people. But aside from that it was still a really good game.

What kind of games are you into?
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

slimchance

Happy Dance Collection - WII

It is so cool.  I love the music and dance in the game.

M

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 11, 2009, 08:06:46 PMWhy, because I don't buy into retarded bull shit hype for mediocre games, just because they have Final Fantasy in the title?
Chill out. Let people enjoy their games.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on April 11, 2009, 08:41:00 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say mediocre. FFXII has been one of my favorites thus far. But, that might be because I was a huge Vagrant Story fan...and it's pretty much made by the same people. But aside from that it was still a really good game.

What kind of games are you into?

I enjoyed XII, but the issue was that, the story in it was pretty much non-existent half way through the game. If INTL wanted to improve the game, they could have... added more to the story instead of adding more to detract from the story. The game overwhelms you with side quests, hunts, secret enemies, and character customization, that by the time you're done... the 10 minutes of story is overshadowed by the 5 hours you just spent doing hunts and side quests. That if you even do 75% of the hunts, by the time you reach the last 3 areas you are so strong you don't even need to pay attention to the screen and you can kill everything including the last boss(outside of hunts and side quests) by just putting the controller down and going to the bathroom.

A lot of the games I want to come out in the US, already are coming out, or already have. DQ 4-6, even though I played them in JP over a decade ago. In general, I usually don't care if a game comes out in the states or not, because if I really want to play it, I'll just play the JP version.

Mediocre is what they are. Play Tales of Vesperia, it beats the hell out of every FF game ever made.

Mizuki

Arcana Heart 2 so Atlus can fix the problems (again)

Shinsengumi

Hokuto no Ken (Fist of North Star) from the PS2
Garou Mark of the Wolves from the PS2
Initial D: Special Stage from the PS2
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

lyricaldanichan

I am quite shocked that it make it here since there was a big deal about it before. Hopefully that change later on *shakes fist at Temco*.

It would be cool if the ported the first game to the iPhone or DSi and integrate it with the camera.

Quote from: MPLe on April 09, 2009, 06:20:47 AM
Games that need to be brought to America? Simple. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. ;)

BumbleB

1. Death Note:Kira Game
2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Chokuretsu
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

PyronIkari

Quote from: BumbleB on May 03, 2009, 03:59:25 PM
1. Death Note:Kira Game
2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Chokuretsu

lolol 2 games that would seel like utter crap in America.

A lot of games that need to come out in America are the cell phone only games. There's so many cellphone only games that come out that are good that will never have a chance.