GAMES THAT NEED TO BE BROUGHT HERE TO AMERICA

Started by Hakaru_chan, March 08, 2009, 10:31:54 PM

JTchinoy

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 03, 2009, 11:21:12 PM
Quote from: BumbleB on May 03, 2009, 03:59:25 PM
1. Death Note:Kira Game
2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Chokuretsu

lolol 2 games that would seel like utter crap in America.

A lot of games that need to come out in America are the cell phone only games. There's so many cellphone only games that come out that are good that will never have a chance.
Your typical phone here sucks in terms of functions compared to Japan.  Can't be helped. =/
I was recently told you can pay for stuff in retail stores through your phone in Japan, is this accurate?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 03, 2009, 11:39:24 PM
Your typical phone here sucks in terms of functions compared to Japan.  Can't be helped. =/
I was recently told you can pay for stuff in retail stores through your phone in Japan, is this accurate?
No, it's not accurate. You can use your phone to REGISTER stuff you bought, and for coupons and stuff. you use the camera to take a photo of the barcodeimage(not a barcode but it's a unique image) and send it to the appropriate place and they message you back with coupon, or registry info etc.

JTchinoy

That's nifty but at the same time it sounds like I might spend a lot of time waiting if the text isn't received by the location immediately.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Nina Star 9

Quote from: MPLe on April 09, 2009, 06:20:47 AM
Games that need to be brought to America? Simple. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. ;)
Agreed x10000000000000000000000

Seriously, Nintendo. WTF.

PyronIkari

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 04, 2009, 02:09:00 AM
That's nifty but at the same time it sounds like I might spend a lot of time waiting if the text isn't received by the location immediately.

Been corrected, apparently you can use your phone to pay if you have this service. I don't know much about it, or with how many and what stores this applies to. Crazy.

M

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 04, 2009, 03:11:06 PMBeen corrected, apparently you can use your phone to pay if you have this service. I don't know much about it, or with how many and what stores this applies to. Crazy.

They actually have this in some places in the UK, according to my friend. The example that I was given was that you can use it to make purchases with your credit/debit/gift card and the "online pick-up" counter will get your order and fulfill it.

I'm sure that other parts of the world might have something different or better, but this was what was told to me. It sounds like something I would probably end up using, because I end up making purchases at Best Buy Online and then going into the store before work and getting the game. It doesn't save that much time, but it's still more convenient.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

JTchinoy

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 04, 2009, 03:11:06 PM

Been corrected, apparently you can use your phone to pay if you have this service. I don't know much about it, or with how many and what stores this applies to. Crazy.
If it's all stores, that's awesome.  America needs to get off its bill and card loving butt and get with the times.  :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

koji

PyronIkari

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 04, 2009, 09:13:24 PM

If it's all stores, that's awesome.  America needs to get off its bill and card loving butt and get with the times.  :)

Convenient stores and train stations only right now.

JTchinoy

Makes sense since both are meant to be time efficient in the first place.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

What? Technological advancement in mass consumer products without charging us for "basic" features on a global scale? In my America?

JTchinoy

Quote from: Mizuki on May 05, 2009, 09:49:28 AM

What? Technological advancement in mass consumer products without charging us for "basic" features on a global scale? In my America?
Sounds like you misinterpreted what I said, but I don't feel like explaining myself.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

beefcup

Games that need to be brought to America? Lessee...

1. Mother 3 (why, Nintendo? why? ;_;)
2. Metal Wolf Chaos
3. Ouendan

MWC should do alright stateside since it's American up the wazoo...the most insanely patriotic game I've ever seen and it's made in Japan.  Go figure.