Artists Alley Registration

Started by Jestry, March 09, 2009, 11:19:33 AM

Jestry

Okay. I'm confused.

So three of us are sharing a table and we're wondering if everyone has to fill out this 3 times (one for each of us) or just once for all of us together.

Also, for the sale's permit, which one are we supposed to use?

BOE 400 SPA, BOE-400-CSU, or BOE-400-CSC?

Umm, yeah, that's all. Thanks. (:

ewu

Fill out one agreement for the three of you. However, depending on the distribution of your profits, you may need three sellers permits. Please check the FAQ for more AA info.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

megamoth

Jestry,

You need a the BOE-400-SPA. That's the basic seller's permit application. Usually it takes about a week to process, but if you go to your local Board of Equalization, you can get it done the same day. If you and your buddies plan to share a business title, then you just need to all be present to sign one permit application. Otherwise, you can all get individual permits. I think the biggest difference between getting one permit and getting individual permits is how you pay your taxes on them when your claim your profit.

bentoboxbobby

From attending the meeting today, is it really true that there aren't any open spaces for Artist's Alley, since our meetup for SJ JAM really needs it?

Thanks,
B3
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

Sen

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on March 15, 2009, 12:34:52 AM
From attending the meeting today, is it really true that there aren't any open spaces for Artist's Alley, since our meetup for SJ JAM really needs it?

Thanks,
B3

Yes we are sold out. However in the past we do get no-shows.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

bentoboxbobby

Can you let us know right away if there are any open spaces?  I saw last year that there were a lot of tables that were empty.

Thanks a lot,

Bobby ^^
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

ewu

you may follow the procedures to get on the wait list. We will not know about what openings till the day of. We also offer the tables a a day by day basis, but those are also first come first serve.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bentoboxbobby

Ok, we will anticipate this, (fingers crossed)... we have a seller's permit ready to go, so that won't leave any complications with Federal or State Gov.

Thanks,

Triple B

megamoth

Quote from: ewu on March 15, 2009, 12:44:15 AM
you may follow the procedures to get on the wait list. We will not know about what openings till the day of. We also offer the tables a a day by day basis, but those are also first come first serve.

Alright... so the tables are definitely sold out now? Or is the staff still working on creating space? Or we just don't know? I am sorry for sounding hasty but I am trying to make sense of all this. I am guessing, like the FAQ said, that the contract and everything I sent in are the "procedures" that I need to follow to get on the wait list. I just want to make sure I am doing everything right, and not jeopardizing my chance for a space.

Thanks again!

ewu

we opened up an additional 30-40 spaces than b4, but I am told that we have around 50 applications, but the money people still need to sort that stuff out before we get the info.

So, now I am saying is that you are most likely gonna be on the waitlist, but not sure about that.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

megamoth

Awesome! Solid numbers! Thanks Eric!! I wish I could send a thank you card or something... or, if I see you at the Con, maybe you can have a free pick from our artwork? Whether I get a table or not. I'll be bringing all that stuff anyway, just in case...

ewu

oh, no alls good. Wez just doing our jobs...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

idontknow

so, i know this question is kind of the kind of question that "everyone knows the answer to" but since it's first come first serve, the people that sent in the contract, permit, and check all together get first priority on the waitlist?

i just want clarification :3

ewu

yes, by order of the post mark
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Cole

If we sent in our mail forms for the etra tables by the date and didn't have a permit at the tie but we have it now, who do we send that info to so our form doesn't just get bumped b/c there's no permit number on it?

ewu

same place and ur place wont get bumped
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

megamoth

If I sent in the contract with the permit number on it, along with the registration number, do you still need copies of the permit and the copy of the registration email?

imoto

Quote from: megamoth on March 21, 2009, 12:41:42 PM
If I sent in the contract with the permit number on it, along with the registration number, do you still need copies of the permit and the copy of the registration email?
We dont need the permit till the day of the con. And you have to have a copy for you to keep at your table as well as a copy to give to us to keep (yes that makes 2 copys)

If you dont send your permit in its ok. As long as we have your contract and payment youll be where you are in line. We will need the sleers permit and the proof of registration at the acutal con 9it just makes the check in process quicker if you mail us in everything before hand)

~Stacy
AA Head

Cole

when will we be notified of our status? 

megamoth

Quote from: imoto on March 21, 2009, 05:59:22 PM
9it just makes the check in process quicker if you mail us in everything before hand)

Okay. I do want to make things easier for everyone, so should I send in my sellers permit once I am notified of my position in line?