For the admins -Permits-

Started by Cole, March 12, 2009, 10:28:54 AM

Cole

I was just at the BOE today to get my permit, they're starting to become real sticklers about people applying for temporary permits more than two months in advance.  Is it really neccessary to have the permit number so soon?  We could always just e-mail the number later. 

Just a thought for next year but maybe it'd be easier for everyone if you had them pre-reg and then have it so that permit numbers are due by a later date, if they don't turn it in by that date, they lose their spot (unless prior arrangements are made).
Not everyone lives close to a BOE office, so for those that want tables; needing a permit more than two months beforehand makes things more difficult.

ewu

Quote from: ewu on March 05, 2009, 09:24:19 PM
feel free to send in your app/agreement/contract w/o your permit, but once you find out that you get a table, please also send in the permit ASAP.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Cole

If that's allowed then why isn't it placed where everyone who visits the basic site can see it?

ewu

because if you can get the permit, we would like it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Cole

While that is true, isn't that only thinking of your own needs rather than the rules of the BOE who issues the permit?
I can guarantee that they won't let a person get a temporary permit 4 months or more in advance; and their iffy about giving temporary permits 3 months in advance.  That's why it's reccommended that in the future you just have a set due date for the temporary permits about a month before the con, this will give people enough time to get the temporary permit without unneccessary stress.

Just a thought... =\

darkkako

Er... are you sure it's not just your local BoE office? I didn't run into any trouble or complaints when I got my permit, and that was back at the end of January.

Cole

It might be, but it's something the con should still take into consideration when determining when permits are due (Also some offices might be more lenient on the rules than others.  I did ask her and she said it was BOE policy.)

idontknow

yeah, i believe it's just your local office or whoever was helping you out. i got my seller's permit a few days ago and the woman that helped me was actually really really young (she could pass for a high schooler!) but that's not important. i'm just saying that i think it's more of how your local boe works than the boe offices in general.

by the way, i like your suggestion. i think it is a good idea to sign up for a table then send in a permit # on a later date in order to keep their reservation. :]

although it's just a suggestion, i hope any admin that reads this will take it into consideration :3

sunrise-oasis

actually cole you made a good valid point...
I was wondering about that when I question the boeing department about ordering another permit for the next year because I dont know how Fanime works when it involves reserving another table for next year.....

I ask the front desk at the san francisco department of California: boe office, and they said you can ask for a temporarily permit from last year as long as you pay off its taxes you have made.. Also I really don't know if they change some rules about the boe policy, I noticed that last year they kinda changed a few parts on the boe contract! not sure which but I think it was the social security issue not sure. But asking for a future temp they have no ideas!. I will investigate this further but in the mean time I think that idea cole mention is a good method to reserve a table!

My only concern about boeing is...this strange envelope I recieved.. any idea whats it for? they said its security but am I suppoesd to send that to fanime as well???

megamoth

I believe all you need for Fanime is the Seller's permit number and a copy of the permit itself. All the other information the BOE gives you is for declaring the profits later.

Cole

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on March 13, 2009, 08:57:49 PM
actually cole you made a good valid point...
I was wondering about that when I question the boeing department about ordering another permit for the next year because I dont know how Fanime works when it involves reserving another table for next year.....

I ask the front desk at the san francisco department of California: boe office, and they said you can ask for a temporarily permit from last year as long as you pay off its taxes you have made.. Also I really don't know if they change some rules about the boe policy, I noticed that last year they kinda changed a few parts on the boe contract! not sure which but I think it was the social security issue not sure. But asking for a future temp they have no ideas!. I will investigate this further but in the mean time I think that idea cole mention is a good method to reserve a table!

My only concern about boeing is...this strange envelope I recieved.. any idea whats it for? they said its security but am I suppoesd to send that to fanime as well???

green & white envelope?
If so that is yours and contains data on filing taxes etc.

As for the boe contract, the only change made was the layout and possibly the fonts.  It hasn't changed much since 2006.