Thursday?

Started by SirVincent, March 15, 2009, 01:15:59 AM

SirVincent

ok so what happens on Thursday? any thing fun, is it worth the $78 for hotel to go? and who will be there on Thursday?
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Thursday will have mainly to things of interest: Pre-Reg Badge Pick-up and the first day of Swap Meet.

The Pre-Reg Badge Pick-up is simple. You go in, stand in line, and get your badge. It saves you time on Friday to allow more time to enjoy Con.

The Swap Meet is on Thursday and Friday. The reason you would want to go on Thursady is because the longer you wait, the bigger the chance the thing you want will be sold, if it's rare and/or in demand. If you don't care about what your going to buy at Con, this is unimportant.

Another reason to get a room Thursday night is similar to the first: It saves time. Personally, I would rather check in Thursday night and bring everything in your room with time to spare then rush it all on Friday so you could get to Con Quickly, possible damaging/losing/forgetting things in the process.

I am actually, sadly, checking into my room with roommates on Friday, but I still plan to go on Thursday for the above things, because I am luckily semi-local. Whatever is best for you and your pocket should be preferred though. If you don't have the money to do it, then don't. But I must say, if you don't have a room already, it will be difficult at best to even find a room that is reasonably close, much less on Thursday as well.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SirVincent

thanks, I do have a room for Friday to Monday so adding one will not be to hard i hope.
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

BlueCharisma

This will be my first all weekend fanime convention. I agree with everything TC_X0_Lt_0X said and like to add that you can get more rest if the convention is only blocks away.

Anyone know what time is the latest I can pick up badge on thursday?

TC X0 Lt 0X

It makes me sad that for some reason the Ramada Limited is available Fri-Mon but not Thurs-Mon. Why is it so!?! Well, at least it's a 5th or so mile away from con.

Quote from: BlueCharisma on March 15, 2009, 09:44:45 AM
This will be my first all weekend fanime convention. I agree with everything TC_X0_Lt_0X said and like to add that you can get more rest if the convention is only blocks away.

Anyone know what time is the latest I can pick up badge on thursday?
Dates and times have not been officially set as far as I know. But if I were to assume, I would guess it starts and ends between 5PM-8PM, a rough estimation from last year.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Sen

We have yet to make an official announcement about registration hours, but 8pm is a good guess for closing time.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Nick Zebra

Agreeing it should be from 5-8.

But more importantly thrusday is great time to pick up your badge early if you're wishing to beat the weekenders.
And adding a day to your stay at a hotel can be hard if you ordered a reservation online, but other than that, I think Thursday can well be worth it, if only for the swap meet.

As a final solution to finding a place to stay on Thursday, I've found cars are pretty good w. w/o blankets.

BlueCharisma

I guess it out of the question for me as I don't get off work till 8:30.

Nyxyin

In earlier years, they had other stuff on Thursday night, like a video room, a dance, and a concert (not necessarily all the same year).  I don't know if they're announced somewhere I don't visit, but some years, events seem to just appear as a pleasant surprise when I show up to pick up my badge.

ewu

Quote from: BlueCharisma on March 16, 2009, 01:37:37 PM

You can try to show up as I know we have stayed open b/c there was a long line, but no guarantees beyond the hours that we have yet to post. =D
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: ewu on March 16, 2009, 05:07:44 PM

You can try to show up as I know we have stayed open b/c there was a long line, but no guarantees beyond the hours that we have yet to post. =D

that line is MURDER!!!!!!!! but WELL worth it. i would not say worth an extra hotel stay, i mean there is really nothing going on, all i know is my dad just dropps me off and leaves, i think i am taking the VTA home this year coz my dad does NOT like anime nerds they make him "un comfortable"

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 16, 2009, 07:40:24 PM

that line is MURDER!!!!!!!! but WELL worth it. i would not say worth an extra hotel stay, i mean there is really nothing going on, all i know is my dad just dropps me off and leaves, i think i am taking the VTA home this year coz my dad does NOT like anime nerds they make him "un comfortable"

Really?
It could have not been more then 20mins for me

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Barnes

I gotta get my stuff ready to line up early again.  :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 17, 2009, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 16, 2009, 07:40:24 PM

Really?
It could have not been more then 20mins for me

idk :/ maybe i get there too late? -.- i dunno OR its coz i am exckited (thats my word for excited) and it feels longer? in reality it is prolly only like 20 min- 1/2 an hour lol.

Shinsengumi

It's gonna be my third time going to day 0, this time me, my older sister booked a room for Thursday for the first time cause we usually book it for Friday - Monday. But yeah it's worth going of you want get your badge early.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

M

Quote from: Shinsengumi on March 21, 2009, 01:48:37 AM
It's gonna be my third time going to day 0, this time me, my older sister booked a room for Thursday for the first time cause we usually book it for Friday - Monday. But yeah it's worth going of you want get your badge early.
This being my x-th year (I honestly don't remember), I have to say that it's a nice change of pace to see all of the mayhem before, during, and after the convention. Seeing it go from literally 10 staffers to up to five digit numbers of people is truly something... :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ewu

I'm one of the 10 that is there beginning to end:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on March 22, 2009, 04:05:42 AM

*Ahem* Join the club.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

deonchan

Quote from: Steve.Young on March 23, 2009, 05:30:20 PM
Quote from: ewu on March 22, 2009, 04:05:42 AM

*Ahem* Join the club.

Ditto.

Though I plan on having one hellua steak dinner that night.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

ewu

cocktails at the Fairmont with Jemz:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom