Press Pass?

Started by bentoboxbobby, March 15, 2009, 01:38:14 PM

bentoboxbobby

I'm new to these forums, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if there are any chances of registering for a press pass?  Ann Oyama of Bayanime.com had asked me this question just last night.

If anyone knows, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Triple B
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

darkain

Quote from: ewu on March 15, 2009, 03:53:09 PM
http://www.fanime.com/registration.html#pro

Could someone please be nudged to put up professional registration information (such as press)?  We had this same issue last year with the information not being on the web site until I started poking around several people to get the info up.  I forget who to contact though?
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Darkain.com

ewu

I will prod for you.....but our IT is overwhelmed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

M

Eric prodded and I'm here.
I'm not going to lie and make excuses; This should have been up wayyy back in December. Since the code is still not complete (as far as I know), I'm going to put up the requirements on the page this week. We're going back to the ages of where you have to copy/paste what's on the website in an email to ProReg. It's just what we have to do sometimes. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

darkain

Quote from: MPLe on March 15, 2009, 11:09:26 PMI'm going to put up the requirements on the page this week.

And which week might "this week" be?  Just curious. ;)
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Darkain.com

M

Quote from: darkain on March 25, 2009, 03:02:20 AM
Quote from: MPLe on March 15, 2009, 11:09:26 PMI'm going to put up the requirements on the page this week.

And which week might "this week" be?  Just curious. ;)
The week when you stop asking! ;)

j/k, there's been some issues with coding related that caused us to change the code at the last second. It's still in the process and I'm actually hoping to get it up before April. :(

This is why I hate giving dates and would rather say 'soon!' or 'when we're done!' If the website isn't up by next week, I'll just put up the requirements and have everyone email their app into us. This will take longer for us to process, but it'll at least give you peace of mind in knowing that your app was submitted. :)

bentoboxbobby

Hi Again,

I'm sorry, but the answer wasn't really clarified?

I didn't see a clear answer on the post.  Does anyone know how we can get press passes, because the membership is almost near, and I don't want to stand in line.  I promote FanimeCon, and love to promote it, but please let me know soon, before online registration closes?

Thanks.

Bentoboxbobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

ewu

online reg will not close till 5/8
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bentoboxbobby

Eric,

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but can I talk to Tony about the press pass? Or who would be the proper chain of command to talk face to face about this? 

Thanks,
Bobby

M

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on April 04, 2009, 07:34:56 PM
Eric,

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but can I talk to Tony about the press pass? Or who would be the proper chain of command to talk face to face about this? 

Thanks,
Bobby
- http://www.fanime.com/proreg.html - It's already up, if you didn't check.
- You would talk to me. :)
- Ann already applied and got a reply to her professional member application.
- You still have to qualify for a professional membership (industry or press), but apply through the website.

ewu

Only Tony's closest consorts are allow to speak to Tony, let alone lay eyes on him. He is surrounded by scary storm troupers instructed to shoot on site anyone that does not have the status of Milton or I. Be warned: these storm troupers are armed with the newest rail guns and slingshots that are powerful enough to take out even the most stinkiest otaku known to man or beats. (a new shipment of BFGs are rumored to be en route to the storm trouper training compound too)

anyways, sending an e-mail is much easier to escalate to the chair rather than a forum post....what kinda idiot would check every single fanime forum post anyways?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

LordKefka

Bah, never mind. My jokes never work. Damn..
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

bentoboxbobby

MPLe,

Thanks a lot for the help. 

Eric, I'm sure that was the "most professional" opinion you had written in fine print to represent FanimeCon as a staff member.  It's pretty much common sense that most of the staff don't have time to respond to everyone's emails. and it took over a whole month and a half to get to mine about a panel question. 

Thanks a lot, I'm sure a lot of people are looking at this thread.  Function Print Screen on your quote.  I'm sure Expo doesn't do this on their threads.  I'm bringing this over to one of my industry professionals.

Have a great day.

BBB.

LordKefka

Send a PM. It's easier.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

M

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on April 04, 2009, 11:30:31 PM
MPLe,

Thanks a lot for the help. 

Eric, I'm sure that was the "most professional" opinion you had written in fine print to represent FanimeCon as a staff member.  It's pretty much common sense that most of the staff don't have time to respond to everyone's emails. and it took over a whole month and a half to get to mine about a panel question. 

Thanks a lot, I'm sure a lot of people are looking at this thread.  Function Print Screen on your quote.  I'm sure Expo doesn't do this on their threads.  I'm bringing this over to one of my industry professionals.

Have a great day.

BBB.
There is so many things that I can say in reply to this, but I'll just say that it's not fair for you to compare us to any other convention. We're all different in our own ways (some will see this as a positive and some will see this as a negative).

ewu

Bobby,

My particular role in Fanime does not span the realm of dealing with press big and small such as you. Your post seemed to stress that you did not want to wait in line, and so I let you know that our online registration ran till May 8th and you will be able to still register should your press status not be resolved as soon as you hoped. As MPLe and I regularly check all the forums, I was certain that he would address your press issues soon.

As much as contacting Tony is awesome, he would still simply forward your e-mail, message, PM, IM, forum post or secret note to Milton as he is keeper of all things Marketing. Tony seems to have the responsibility of running a gargantuan con and thus delegates such tasks such as press registration and forum monitoring. Regardless, Tony does check and regularly reply to his e-mail as with all our fanime staff.

As with Ann's message to us from January, we immediately address all e-mails directed to us, but because it was financial in nature multiple people were consulted yielding a response in 6 days. I do not know how you contacted our panels coordinator, whether by forum post, web submission or direct e-mail, but I do know that she has a queue system and follows it in fairness to the other people requesting her attention.

We are a large con and have established protocol yet a fun con. If you would like a more protracted "professional" response feel free to e-mail me at ericATfanimeDOTcom. For a lighthearted reply feel free to continue our discourse on the forums as this is where our members come to continue the entertainment that is Fanime.

Cheers,
Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

BrightHeart76

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on April 04, 2009, 11:30:31 PM
Thanks a lot, I'm sure a lot of people are looking at this thread. 

I'm looking at this thread.  Who are you Press for?  I'd like to avoid whoever you work for.  You sound like a total tool and I try not to give my business to people who employ tools.

Thanks.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

M

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 05, 2009, 09:02:01 AMI'm looking at this thread.  Who are you Press for?  I'd like to avoid whoever you work for.  You sound like a total tool and I try not to give my business to people who employ tools.

Thanks.
BrightHeart76, please don't flame anyone. But if he would like to answer, he can answer to you via PM.

I'm requesting that this thread be locked as it has been answered and I can't see anything positive coming from this thread being open.