Bay Area local fan community and events panel

Started by bayanime.com, March 16, 2009, 12:30:55 PM

bayanime.com

Hi everyone, I run BayAnime.com, an online community and resource site for Bay Area anime fans and I'm considering possibly running a panel at Fanime for Bay Area locals to discuss how we can improve or facilitate more anime-related events and activities in the area. I'd like to get a general feel for whether or not people would be interested and what attendance might be like. I'm wondering what people want... things such as getting discounts at local stores, more anime showings, anime music events, what kinds of activities might be currently lacking, etc. and then what suggestions we all have for how we might be able to address this.

Anyway if this sounds like something you'd be interested in attending, please let me know!

koji

This sounds good! I'd love to attend something like this.

Kava

1 - where to find merchandise locally rather than online
2 - anime clubs and gatherings (I have one that meets two blocks from me, but didn't know about it for two years)
3 - discounts sounds cool
4 - there are music events?

I think this would be a really interesting panel. Haven't heard of your site before, I'll have to check it out.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

bayanime.com

Hey everyone, it's awesome that it seems like there will be some interest here! Koji, awesome... see you there! Ed, I'd love to finally get to meet you and anyone from No-Name. Kava, thanks for your suggestions (yes there are music events!) and please check out our site when you get the chance! I think we'll be able to put together a great group brainstorming session... I'm going to request an hour slot in the noon-3pm slot on Sunday so hopefully a bunch of people will at least stop by. It would be great just to gather I think so maybe we can all get to know each other. There are a lot of fans around here acting individually or in smaller groups and I'm sure we all end up going to a lot of the same events (the Bay Area is a small place, relatively!), so one of my goals in gathering is so we can all introduce ourselves and make new friends! I'd also love to see some initiative in forming new groups and gatherings amongst our even more localized communities around the Bay Area.

Also on BayAnime there's been some discussion of holding swap meets, which I think would work out great (better than usual online trading) since we're all located in the same general region.

Discounts for local shops and events I think are do-able so I'd definitely love to get some ideas on how we could go about doing it, and see also if anyone has any connections and is willing to approach shop owners for us.

Kava

Well, at this point, it's difficult to get into the panels schedule. Feel free to submit though. Anyone I can't fit into the current schedule, I'm willing to put onto the waiting list.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

LordMoufMouf

This is something I would be interested in as well!

bayanime.com

YAY! Thank you, Rena... our panel is a GO for Saturday at 11am!!! Bring your ideas and hope to meet a bunch of you there!

Jerry

i heard there is a waiting list for Panels, but I would support you guys as well.

I appreciate the website as well as the informative e-mail newsletters you guys provide.

Please keep up the great work!  [You too Rena ;) you are the awesome! <3 ]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

bayanime.com

Thanks Jerry... oh argh... haven't sent out an email newsletter in a while. Need to get on that!

Thanks to Rena we're actually on the schedule now!

http://bayanime.com/fanime-panel-for-local-bay-area-anime-fans/

narutofan17

Being from the Bay Area and trying to get more involve in anime related evens, I would love to go to the panel. :D
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

EdOfNoName

I've tried to make sure all the attendees of No-Name Anime know about the panel. (Thanks, Ann, for the flyers to print!) We look forward to meeting you all.