Tshirt stenciling gathering #3 April 18th

Started by j9isawesome, March 17, 2009, 09:17:10 AM

j9isawesome

It's official fanime forum tradition to have a tshirt stenciling gathering at Jerry's house each year. We'll hang out, paint shirts, have good times. If you have no clue how to stencil, don't worry we're here to help and will provide basic supplies. Of course, you're also welcome to bring video games and board games as usual. :)

Where: Jerry's house
When: April 18th
Time: 4pm

What we'll be providing: Freezer paper, exacto knives, basic paint colors, sponge brushes, an iron, a hair dryer and directions on how to make freezer paper stencils.

What you need to bring:
*A tshirt (or anything that's made up of fabric, like a tote bag or pair of jeans) to paint.  Keep in mind light colored shirts, especially white, are easiest to paint, with dark colored shirts you'll have to do multiple coats of paint.
*An idea of what you want to stencil. If you can draw great, if you can't then the best thing would be to print out a stencil design (just onto regular printer paper) and bring it with you.
*If you plan on painting something HUGE or need very specific colors then you might want to bring your own paint.
*If you want to bring video or board games to play after shirts are done or food to share that would be awesome but you don't have to. An extra iron or two would be cool too, that way people don't have to wait as long.

What type of paints to buy if you're going to bring your own paint: http://www.kittybuttons.com/tutorials/paint%20options.jpg
If you can find it (sometimes at Michael's, should be at most art supply stores), Jacquard is what I use: http://cdn.dickblick.com/items/012/08/01208-OA3ww-l.jpg

There's lots of places to find stencils online, but this one is still one of my favorites: http://www.kittybuttons.com/stencils/categories/index.html

Or you too could join the fanimafia and make one of these bad boys: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/j9isawesome/fanimestencils2.jpg

If anyone needs to be picked up from the BART station please let me know. I can give 3 people a ride from BART if needed.

Guest List:
j9isawesome
Jerry
Barnes
SukebeStudios
rude32
Lactose
SteveYoung
Tsubasa
LastElixir
short_storiesgl
RyuHayabusa
Please let me know if I missed your comment/if you want to be added to the guest list! :)
Formerly known as Felicity869

Barnes

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 17, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
It's official fanime forum tradition to have a tshirt stenciling gathering at Jerry's house each year. We'll hang out, paint shirts, have good times. If you have no clue how to stencil, don't worry we're here to help and will provide basic supplies.

When: Probably April 18th (this is not set in stone yet, still need to make sure I can get the day off work)

Gulp. If it lands on that day, I'm willing to ditch DisneyLand for this. The gathering IS that much fun for me. I also promised a teacher that I would make a shirt for her, and I wanna keep my promise.
Is there an easier/faster way for me to carve in the letters I wanna spell? Writing words takes me forever, indeed. And I wanna make two shirts this year.
Put me down as a maybe.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Barnes on March 17, 2009, 08:54:57 PM
Quote from: j9isawesome on March 17, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
It's official fanime forum tradition to have a tshirt stenciling gathering at Jerry's house each year. We'll hang out, paint shirts, have good times. If you have no clue how to stencil, don't worry we're here to help and will provide basic supplies.

When: Probably April 18th (this is not set in stone yet, still need to make sure I can get the day off work)

Gulp. If it lands on that day, I'm willing to ditch DisneyLand for this. The gathering IS that much fun for me. I also promised a teacher that I would make a shirt for her, and I wanna keep my promise.
Is there an easier/faster way for me to carve in the letters I wanna spell? Writing words takes me forever, indeed. And I wanna make two shirts this year.
Put me down as a maybe.
Make them ahead of time with freezer paper and a thick sharpie? Then, you could just cut them out with an x-acto (either before or at gathering) and iron and paint at gathering.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Barnes

Yay, Haruko.

Jerry

I'll still have to eventually meet up with j9, and help sponser this event [i help j9 punch economy in the face]

this year I promise [on my rest in peach parents' graves] that I will finance this gathering this time around.

so I'll need to goto an artsy place with j9 to buy the necessary items. and as well as the snack goodness to keep my guest properly fed and thirsts quenched as ppl hang out at the house.

so J9 please pm me here or AIM to work out random details of when to meet up with you after work one of these days so we may quest for the arting supplies needed. I'll bring the Credit Card KA-ching! :D

oh and still i remind me to get you and mr.j9isawesome that gift before u guys make that trip! ;)

whether its a small gathering or not, i just want ppl to have fun where ever they may end up.

i like giving ppl choices and a chance to hang out with friends and paint each other or preferably their tshirts and be all creativy and stuff.

wootz. :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

j9isawesome

Jerry, you sir will be making a shirt this year. no excuses!

SukebeStudios

Hey, I'll go. Just need to know where to go and how to get there! ^_^

Kazuko

well c: Im up for this just need a ride to and from the bart or whatevers!

j9 we have to make cutsews 4 reelz

SukebeStudios

Would this be an appropriate place to show my new "Sharpie T-Shirts?"

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Barnes

Will Jerry mind if I make pancakes again? Or should I make something else?
Yay, Haruko.

j9isawesome

Quote from: Kazuko on March 21, 2009, 11:09:16 PM

I know, right?! Sidenote: I'm about to cut up and alter my tshirt from the AP event and turn it into a proper cutsew. Cross your fingers I don't just end up destroying it.

Quote from: Barnes on March 22, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Will Jerry mind if I make pancakes again? Or should I make something else?
IMO, food is always good and pancakes are even vegetarian. ;) I doubt jerry would mind as long as you dont burn down the house and clean up when you're done.

Kazuko

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 22, 2009, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on March 21, 2009, 11:09:16 PM

I know, right?! Sidenote: I'm about to cut up and alter my tshirt from the AP event and turn it into a proper cutsew. Cross your fingers I don't just end up destroying it.
ahhh good luck with the AP shirt I bet it will look hella bomb beezy c:. But yeah I have a white shirt that I want to stencil it up!

Lactose

i only work til 2 now, ill probably head down after that. =)
Lactose = Liz

Kandybar

:'( Aw, I'm out of town that weekend.  (Hubby's moving to PA for six months, long story, must go visit.)

Jerry

as an update - J9 and I will probably be out questing for art-ting supplies for the Tshirt gathering.

which im guessing means fabric paints, freezer paper and um, other related art supplies.

maybe a costco run before the gathering so you ppl dont starve to death since i rarely feed myself [let alone feed my roommates] :P

if you have any request please say so um. SOON or just bring your own tshirts and some supplies of your own if u want.

but we'll hopefully have plenty of art goo to go around.

J9 so we're pretty much almost 100% confirmed for April 18th? [saturday] ?

um because Ironically ive booked my home to house a different meeting*cough* party for the Rovers on the 19th.

my house mates are gonna hate me that weekend. >_<
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Barnes

I'll be bringing in my own:
-foam brushes
-t-shirts
-a knife

That much I know for sure. I also need to look into getting freezer paper.
I'll get back to you later.
Yay, Haruko.

j9isawesome

For sure the 18th! :) We'll pick up paint, brushes, knives, freezer paper. Peeps will just need to bring their own shirts (or whatever they want to paint)

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on March 27, 2009, 02:53:49 PM
as an update - J9 and I will probably be out questing for art-ting supplies for the Tshirt gathering.

which im guessing means fabric paints, freezer paper and um, other related art supplies.

maybe a costco run before the gathering so you ppl dont starve to death since i rarely feed myself [let alone feed my roommates] :P

if you have any request please say so um. SOON or just bring your own tshirts and some supplies of your own if u want.

but we'll hopefully have plenty of art goo to go around.

J9 so we're pretty much almost 100% confirmed for April 18th? [saturday] ?

um because Ironically ive booked my home to house a different meeting*cough* party for the Rovers on the 19th.

my house mates are gonna hate me that weekend. >_<

But we will love you Jerry, and I will feed them as well hahaha.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kazuko

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 27, 2009, 06:42:03 PM
For sure the 18th! :) We'll pick up paint, brushes, knives, freezer paper. Peeps will just need to bring their own shirts (or whatever they want to paint)
ah count me in c: do you think you can pick me up from the barts?