Tshirt stenciling gathering #3 April 18th

Started by j9isawesome, March 17, 2009, 09:17:10 AM

j9isawesome

Quote from: rude32 on April 02, 2009, 09:00:52 PM
Is it cool if I attend this gathering?
Of course, everyone is welcome and you're already on the guest list :)

Quote from: Barnes on April 03, 2009, 02:16:15 AM
You don't need to buy freezer paper, we already bought something like 100 yards of it. HAPPY BDAY! The cake is now officially bday cake for Barnes.

I'd like to carve the words in advance is all. And thanks. XD Chocolate!
[/quote]
I see. Well it's always called freezer paper, nothing else. It's usually at the grocery store in the same area as wax paper and ziplock bags.

Quote from: Kazuko on April 03, 2009, 11:25:01 PM
this might sound bad...but I may have to bail on this gathering because like I have stated Money is super tight with me (I have to even sacrifice fanime) and well I might go to cbf instead (free muni pass) and not buy anything

; ; sorry
I understand about needing to save money and if you'd rather go to the CBF of course there will be no hard feelings. I just don't understand how this gathering would be expensive. Jerry and I already bought everything- food, drinks, crafting supplies. All you'd need to pay for is a $10 BART ticket and bring an old shirt to paint. I am really sorry to hear that you won't be able to affoard to attend Fanime this year :(

So does no one else need a ride from BART? Just want to make sure I don't leave anyone stranded.

Jerry~ what time did you want to start this thing? I just realized we don't have a time listed for people to head over.
Formerly known as Felicity869

Jerry

I'm guessing anytime after 4pm? ppl are welcome to show up earlier. assuming my roommates will clean up the place [which they wont] they way things looking here.

again small or big im just focused on having fun, hanging out and making a cool image on my shirt, if i could ever figure out what i want besides a new fanimafia shirt.

that or we'll just hang out, play video games, watch movies, snack and just chill at the house.

my house is all versitle like that. :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

Quote from: j9isawesome on April 05, 2009, 12:01:52 PM
Quote from: rude32 on April 02, 2009, 09:00:52 PM
Is it cool if I attend this gathering?
Of course, everyone is welcome and you're already on the guest list :)

Quote from: Barnes on April 03, 2009, 02:16:15 AM
You don't need to buy freezer paper, we already bought something like 100 yards of it. HAPPY BDAY! The cake is now officially bday cake for Barnes.

I'd like to carve the words in advance is all. And thanks. XD Chocolate!
I see. Well it's always called freezer paper, nothing else. It's usually at the grocery store in the same area as wax paper and ziplock bags.

Quote from: Kazuko on April 03, 2009, 11:25:01 PM
this might sound bad...but I may have to bail on this gathering because like I have stated Money is super tight with me (I have to even sacrifice fanime) and well I might go to cbf instead (free muni pass) and not buy anything

; ; sorry
I understand about needing to save money and if you'd rather go to the CBF of course there will be no hard feelings. I just don't understand how this gathering would be expensive. Jerry and I already bought everything- food, drinks, crafting supplies. All you'd need to pay for is a $10 BART ticket and bring an old shirt to paint. I am really sorry to hear that you won't be able to affoard to attend Fanime this year :(

So does no one else need a ride from BART? Just want to make sure I don't leave anyone stranded.

Jerry~ what time did you want to start this thing? I just realized we don't have a time listed for people to head over.
[/quote]
; ; because a big ass chunk of my money went to stuff for myschool/repayments plus groceries since I dont use the school mealplan (its a downer when you are an upperclassmen)

Jerry

tis a shame you cant make it.

yes, i admit this gathering will be scaled down due to economic times and competing against CBF which i guess its a relatively 'cheap' event gathering since its well... *free* to go and check out the festivities.

Technically all my gatherings are *free* as well... getting here though...

thats the tuff part. :P

times are tuff too, i paid all my bills and ill be poor til about 2 weeks works of pay check :P

RyuHayabusa

So, this thing is on Saturday then? I guess I'll be there. Time to make myself a Rozen Maiden Shirt lol.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

~~Loktera~~

I'm down for it. I just need to figure out which stencils I should bring now... I think I'm gonna post some pics.

*insert photobucket uploads here*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Loktera/Sten_P1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Loktera/Sten_P2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Loktera/Sten_P3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Loktera/Sten_P4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Loktera/Sten_P5.jpg

I do have a training exercise for work, and that lasts until 6 on that day, but I think I can make it afterwards.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Steve.Young

ooo Mudkip and Charmander would be perfect tshirt gifts! o.O
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Someone is still a fan of pokemon... ? :P

gotta catch them all steve?

and then recruit them all for Rovers?

I figured you'd do something like that. :P

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Jerry on April 10, 2009, 08:47:53 AM
Someone is still a fan of pokemon... ? :P

gotta catch them all steve?

and then recruit them all for Rovers?

I figured you'd do something like that. :P

Hey, you forgot about the other pokemon fans on these boards... Steve's not the only one....
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Barnes

I bought some freezer paper anyway today. Gotta show the design to someone before I carve it. "Deckard Is a Replicant" it will say, in contrast to my shirt.
Have fun at DisneyLand mom!  :)

One more thing, I may very well need a ride home. Anybody? EDIT: I forgot to say please.
See ya next week.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

HarpB

I still don't as to what is the point in making tshirt stelcil things, can someone clarify it?.  nor the address of jerry's crip.

j9isawesome

Quote from: daiphyer.com on April 12, 2009, 02:51:03 PM
I still don't as to what is the point in making tshirt stelcil things, can someone clarify it?.  nor the address of jerry's crip.

The point of painting your own designs onto tshirts is so you can be proud you did it yourself, save money and have a unique shirt with a picture or phrase that you can't just go over to Target and buy.
The point of a gathering is to hang out with people with simular interests and have a good time.
So the point of a tshirt gathering is to hang out, have a good time, and paint cool shirts. Yes?

I'm sorry, I forget that not everyone knows where Jerry's place is, since we have gatherings there so often. It's over by Eastridge Mall in San Jose. If you're sure you'll be attending I'd be happy to PM his actual address to you so you can mapquest it.

Kazuko

'sup

Im actually reconsidering my decision, so I may go I will let you know by thursday, imma still need that bart ride, freemont is where I get off amirite?

short_storiesgl

oh hai guise im going to this :D
if im not working =[
Dance Staff Second

j9isawesome

Quote from: Kazuko on April 13, 2009, 10:28:45 AM
'sup

Im actually reconsidering my decision, so I may go I will let you know by thursday, imma still need that bart ride, freemont is where I get off amirite?

Well I hope you can make it. Yep, Fremont is as close as BART comes to San Jose. Oooh, unless you happen to live by the SF Caltrain station? Because that goes straight to San Jose. http://www.caltrain.com/caltrain_map.html It's ok if you don't, I can still drive out to Fremont.

Barnes~ you live over by Nickle City right? That's not too terribly far out of the way, I can give you a ride too if you still need it.

HarpB

Quote from: j9isawesome on April 12, 2009, 10:51:03 PM
The point of painting your own designs onto tshirts is so you can be proud you did it yourself, save money and have a unique shirt with a picture or phrase that you can't just go over to Target and buy.
The point of a gathering is to hang out with people with simular interests and have a good time.
So the point of a tshirt gathering is to hang out, have a good time, and paint cool shirts. Yes?

I'm sorry, I forget that not everyone knows where Jerry's place is, since we have gatherings there so often. It's over by Eastridge Mall in San Jose. If you're sure you'll be attending I'd be happy to PM his actual address to you so you can mapquest it.
Thanks for the exclamation. I feel less confused now.

Further questions:
1. What do I bring? A shirt?
2. So how do I make words on the shirt and the drawing?

j9isawesome

Quote from: daiphyer.com on April 13, 2009, 11:54:11 PM
Quote from: j9isawesome on April 12, 2009, 10:51:03 PM

Thanks for the exclamation. I feel less confused now.

Further questions:
1. What do I bring? A shirt?
2. So how do I make words on the shirt and the drawing?

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 17, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
What we'll be providing: Freezer paper, exacto knives, basic paint colors, sponge brushes, an iron, a hair dryer and directions on how to make freezer paper stencils.

What you need to bring:
*A tshirt (or anything that's made up of fabric, like a tote bag or pair of jeans) to paint.  Keep in mind light colored shirts, especially white, are easiest to paint, with dark colored shirts you'll have to do multiple coats of paint.
*An idea of what you want to stencil. If you can draw great, if you can't then the best thing would be to print out a stencil design (just onto regular printer paper) and bring it with you.

2. Yoiu'll cut out your words and or picture from freezer paper with an exacto knife,  iron it onto your shirt, cover it with paint, remove freezer paper and you're done. We'll have more complete instructions at the gathering.
Quote from: j9isawesome on March 17, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
There's lots of places to find stencils online, but this one is still one of my favorites: http://www.kittybuttons.com/stencils/categories/index.html

Barnes

Quote from: j9isawesome on April 13, 2009, 10:01:53 PM
Barnes~ you live over by Nickle City right? That's not too terribly far out of the way, I can give you a ride too if you still need it.

I'll take your offer. I will let you know for sure by Friday night. And thanks, I appreciate it.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jerry

for the most part this will be a small and quieter gathering which im totally okay with.

once we're done with our shirts dont forget i have tones of video games, anime, and movies we could all watch and laugh at.
We stil have Sarah's Raving Rabbits TV game, but we're missing some wii motes or chucks so i may need help with that.

if possible could anyone help out with that [ though keep track of your accessories since wii motes and chucks look all the same ] :P

and yes there will also be beverages for those who enjoy green colored drinks, but we have to make sure we put away the xacto knives and paint just in case a few girls *cough cough* decide to dose each other with water bottles...

oh hai Jeanine, should i have a towel, and extra clothes on standby? ;)

anyway i also want to mention that I'll be on a personal errands saturday morning but I will be back by 4pm.
so if anyone wants to stop before BEFORE 4pm please call or text me.

otherwise my roommates may chase you away from my place :P

Liquid

I would love to come....but sadly I have a birthday party to attend.  :'(
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter