Yeeaaa! I wanna dance with somebody!

Started by arcadiakat, March 18, 2009, 06:25:46 AM

OniCourseMusha

Anyways, for those impatient to wanting to attend a B&W ball and want to learn how to waltz before the event.  Why not check  out the Girl Genius Ball being held at San Mateo?  I'm hoping few of my friends would join up wit me there since I'm planning on going.  I love attending those type of events especially after attending the Dicken's Fair and the Victorian Ball couple months ago.

http://www.peers.org/girlgenius.html
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

arcadiakat

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 18, 2009, 11:33:31 PM
I would love to
awwwww awsome hehe ^_^.  o.O my thread was hijacked!! oh well lol im down for going out to a club friday or saturday night, im 23 so dosent matter to me!
have fabric, will sew. freelace costumer and make-up artist

Jerry

I didnt mean to hijack this thread.

tho i wasnt sure how serious some ppl were about a clubbing gathering.

apparently some of you ppl are crazier than I originally thought. :P

so in that case, is there more of a vote for SJ or SF club crawling? :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

Quote from: Jerry on March 25, 2009, 04:00:27 PM

SF plz c:

rude32

Quote from: Kazuko on March 25, 2009, 05:48:44 PM

SF plz c:
I second this. I would much rather be in SF.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

SimaSeph

I wish I could join you all, but sadly I'm in Colorado. Having lived in Cali for some time though, I'd recommend SF clubs. And just for my own little entertainment, last weekend I went to a club in my Sima Yi cosplay. It was a goth club, and everyone loved it. That was a fun weekend.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

Jerry

dates? times? locations?

meet up point?

dance off point?

sober up point?

DD?

more info would be necessary... :P

DemonLordZabuza

Club dancing does sound like a fun idea, and Jerry if you want "dance lessons" at a gathering I'm sure I can arrange something :p

Just need to find me more music

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

narutofan17

I would be down to hit some clubs. Wouldn't make since to go to clubs in SJ? We would be closer to the convention. Not sayin that I'm not down to go to hit up clubs in SF.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

rude32

Quote from: narutofan17 on April 17, 2009, 05:40:54 PM

I would be down to hit some clubs. Wouldn't make since to go to clubs in SJ? We would be closer to the convention. Not sayin that I'm not down to go to hit up clubs in SF.
I think we were more on the subject of just going clubbing anytime, not necessarily during con. I'm still leaning to something more in SF, but SJ wouldn't be bad either. Whatever gets me out of the central valley. Kazuko what are some good clubs in SF?

Kazuko

Quote from: rude32 on April 17, 2009, 10:34:46 PM

I think we were more on the subject of just going clubbing anytime, not necessarily during con. I'm still leaning to something more in SF, but SJ wouldn't be bad either. Whatever gets me out of the central valley. Kazuko what are some good clubs in SF?
well aside from Glass Kat which is a 21+ joint but they do have 18+ events though they suck cause its on a weekday lol. The 21 events are nice but aside from that its a pretty nice place
http://www.glaskat.com/

I recommend looking on YELP.com for decent clubs in SF, I have been a bit lazy and it also depends on what kind of music you listen to as well, theres POPSCENE which is an all age place If I remember. Rickshaw stop is nice if you like indie music, Du Nord is kinda fancy ish cause of the decor but its pretty okay from what I hear. Other than that thats all I know

Runewitt

actually, clubbing durring fanime would be a pretty cool idea
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

rude32

Quote from: Kazuko on April 17, 2009, 11:08:53 PM

well aside from Glass Kat which is a 21+ joint but they do have 18+ events though they suck cause its on a weekday lol. The 21 events are nice but aside from that its a pretty nice place
http://www.glaskat.com/

I recommend looking on YELP.com for decent clubs in SF, I have been a bit lazy and it also depends on what kind of music you listen to as well, theres POPSCENE which is an all age place If I remember. Rickshaw stop is nice if you like indie music, Du Nord is kinda fancy ish cause of the decor but its pretty okay from what I hear. Other than that thats all I know
I can vouch for Rickshaw stop, its pretty cool. I've also heard some good things about POPSCENE as well. I'm good to hit up any place though. does anyone else have a preference?

*rei*

Quote from: Runewitt on April 17, 2009, 11:15:56 PM

actually, clubbing durring fanime would be a pretty cool idea

Theres a bunch of nice clubs near the con. Actually one new hot one is Club Wet which is around the corner from SJCC. Its really nice inside, almost as cool as a Vegas club. It hosts a lot of famous DJs and celebreties. All of its events are 21+

As for SF clubs. I highly recommend Temple which has three themed levels: house, techno, and hip hop. It has pretty good DJs plus the themed rooms are awesome!
If you want a little more laid back, there's Holy Cow near Slim's too. It gets really full, but again it is a 21+ club.
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

Jerry

so are ppl seriously thinking about a meet up?

or is everyone throwing random ideas out there?

cmon, ppl do something with this thread, i want someone else besides me having epic gatherings

what more epic than clubbing? well then again i could think of cheaper alternatives. :P

but it would be fun to see anime fans get down and get their groove on the dance floor...

but i could always wait for the dances @ Fanime [ at least their free with the badge ].

Liquid

I could be down for this idea. I'm not much of a dancer, but get a few drinks in me and I'll be glad to make a fool of myself.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Runewitt

Quote from: Jerry on April 20, 2009, 12:39:49 AM
so are ppl seriously thinking about a meet up?

or is everyone throwing random ideas out there?

cmon, ppl do something with this thread, i want someone else besides me having epic gatherings

what more epic than clubbing? well then again i could think of cheaper alternatives. :P

but it would be fun to see anime fans get down and get their groove on the dance floor...

but i could always wait for the dances @ Fanime [ at least their free with the badge ].

lets do it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

suna_no_yoroi

Well just to put my 2 cents in about the dance partners thing.  My experience last year, was that you meet alot of potential dance partners if you attend the free dance lessons they have going on prior to the B&W ball itself.  I personally will dance with either gender, so I'll be available to anyone on the dance floor.  Aside from that, people are usually pretty good about asking you if you are walking around on the dance floor... just don't go off and sit on one of the chairs.

PoisonFish

Quote from: *rei* on April 19, 2009, 07:54:06 PM
As for SF clubs. I highly recommend Temple which has three themed levels: house, techno, and hip hop. It has pretty good DJs plus the themed rooms are awesome!
If you want a little more laid back, there's Holy Cow near Slim's too. It gets really full, but again it is a 21+ club.

I can attest to Holy Cow being a pretty cool place.

Also, I'm a firm believer that dancing is a classy way to just meet people. Now if only I could encourage my other friends to do a little dancing, but that's more their loss then anything.

Suspicious

My friend is going to skip out a day of Fanime to go to etd.POP.  It looks pretty cool.. I wish I could go.

http://www.metrowize.com/etd-pop-2009-lineup

tldr: giant rave in san francisco during fanime
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website