19 (38.8%)
They found out eventually
13 (26.5%)
Kinda sorta
15 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

G.I.R

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 09, 2009, 01:13:30 PM
Going down to whose level? I'm lost.  If you're talking about 100% anime tards, why do you hang out with them at all if you don't think they're like you?
This is where Gekido throws in the  "You must be talking about yourself" comment.

JTchinoy

Quote from: G.I.R on May 09, 2009, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 09, 2009, 01:13:30 PM
Going down to whose level? I'm lost.  If you're talking about 100% anime tards, why do you hang out with them at all if you don't think they're like you?
This is where he throws in the  "You must be talking about yourself" comment.
Well if he does, I can honestly say I don't hang out with 100% anime tards for that very reason.  I'm asking honest questions, I'm not instigating anything.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Gekido 87

Damnit all. This blaze turned into a widescale wildfire.

Let's draw the line here:
_________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm a good person in reality but in forums such as this I tend to be, in nature enjoy haveing arguements online. But I will not apologize for what I've posted. I didn't realize what I been doing was trolling. So, let's leave this thread and move it to the Byo/b section.
I'm in Despair!

G.I.R

Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 09, 2009, 01:30:59 PM
Damnit all. This blaze turned into a widescale wildfire.

Let's draw the line here:
_________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm a good person in reality but in forums such as this I tend to be, in nature enjoy haveing arguements online. But I will not apologize for what I've posted. I didn't realize what I been doing was trolling. So, let's leave this thread and move it to the Byo/b section.
Okay by me.  Let the Geekdom continue!

Mizuki

Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 09, 2009, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 12:51:43 PM
I think we just got trolled. I hope we got trolled, because if you aren't I hope you don't go to Fanime, your attitude about life is endangering to other con goers. And this thing about "hate" it ain't real, you're probably just not socially accepted, gotten made fun of in high school for being "weird" and now you're just going around saying "F*** this F*** that" when in reality you just need to change.

LOL you must be talking about yourself. :D

I get it. Your jealous, oh yes you are, oh your a good little it yes you are. Oh look what I got for you little Mizuki its a mockingbird. Unfortunately, it won't sing to bad people who swears on forums. Little Mizuki you need a timeout. ;D

You know the sad thing is. You're insulting a moderator, that never ends well. I'm giving you solid advice to make people like you, or for you to have a social life, and you turn around and give me this crap? I'm harsh in my advice and you took it the wrong way. Maybe you need to go back to school and retake an english class, or look at things at another persepctive. You know, I thought about helping you, but you know what, you don't deserve any of my time, and you'll come back with "I never asked for it" but you're slapping your "anger" around and asking for help, but you just go back and push it aside and insult people.

Troll harder, etc.

Gi.Yuu.Meiyo

Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 03:02:17 PM
Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 09, 2009, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 12:51:43 PM
I think we just got trolled. I hope we got trolled, because if you aren't I hope you don't go to Fanime, your attitude about life is endangering to other con goers. And this thing about "hate" it ain't real, you're probably just not socially accepted, gotten made fun of in high school for being "weird" and now you're just going around saying "F*** this F*** that" when in reality you just need to change.

LOL you must be talking about yourself. :D

I get it. Your jealous, oh yes you are, oh your a good little it yes you are. Oh look what I got for you little Mizuki its a mockingbird. Unfortunately, it won't sing to bad people who swears on forums. Little Mizuki you need a timeout. ;D

You know the sad thing is. You're insulting a moderator, that never ends well. I'm giving you solid advice to make people like you, or for you to have a social life, and you turn around and give me this crap? I'm harsh in my advice and you took it the wrong way. Maybe you need to go back to school and retake an english class, or look at things at another persepctive. You know, I thought about helping you, but you know what, you don't deserve any of my time, and you'll come back with "I never asked for it" but you're slapping your "anger" around and asking for help, but you just go back and push it aside and insult people.

Troll harder, etc.

Wow such harsh words coming from both of you.  :o You guys should take it out on a different thread. But enough of that. I'm an open geek and proud of it. As long as you don't over express everything about anime you'll be fine.

JTchinoy

I think mizuki should never mention he's a moderator as a reason to respect him.  That's sad in its own right.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 12, 2009, 04:05:38 PM
I think mizuki should never mention he's a moderator as a reason to respect him.  That's sad in its own right.
True, true.
Though I would allow it to be said as a reason to fear him. All should fear Moderator.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

If a mod ever considers his/her position a qualifying reason to respect them or fear them, F them.
If he/she does his/her job right and people respect him/her for that, that's fine and that's how it should be.
Outside of their duties to uphold the order and rules of this forum, they are no different from normal users and should not be treated any different outside of situations relevant to their designated sections.  In fact, aren't we in phobia's jurisdiction right now and not Mizuki's?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

When did I ever mention that being a mod is a reason to respect me? I made a general statement saying "You're insulting moderator, that doesn't end well" but where in there did I mention I wanted respect? I think you're pulling words out, imho. And I don't think people should fear moderators, but when you're starting to flame bait a moderator that's not a good idea in general, I'm pretty sure if I flame baited sysadmin I'd be gone in a heart beat (or anyone else for that matter.) Flame baiting should just not exist so this kind of argument doesn't have to ever come up, but unfortunately people just have the nerve to do so. But hey, word on the street is that moderators who are in a board they're not a mod for is a normal poster, so yes my previous statement is technically false.

JTchinoy

Next time I suggest saying it without inferring your moderator status has anything to do with their bad decision.  A vague statement like that can hint at many things, like an attempt to ban them.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Ryo_Hellsing

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 08, 2009, 09:49:08 PM
Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 08, 2009, 05:49:23 PM
Quote from: Ryo_Hellsing on May 08, 2009, 04:54:35 PM
I'm pretty open depending on which subjects plus I'm told that I epically fail that talking to "normal" people?

Dunno :/

But ja if you get me started on a topic [ ei ; Tribe, deadpool, zombie girl, ect] then I wont shut up XD

Haha the same goes for me. I can't talk properly with others unless I change the subject involving anime. I'm like "uh, hmm, um, ever heard about this new anime?" They look at me weird, their like "What?" Then I have to explain it to them.

So you're basically a social loser that can't talk to anyone. Nice.

I am oddly okay with being a social loser and the plus side of it is; if you hate people then all you have to do is not talk to them or talk to them in German or French. Works every time. It could be worse.

Umeboshi

Can you guys all stop fighting? It's dumb to fight here, if you seriously have to fight on a forum.. then... /swt i shouldnt even have to continue with that. Just STOP.

If your going to post here, please keep it FRIENDLY. It's not a debate, it's not 'lets make fun of your comment, or pick at it'.

This topic IS NOT under the serious buisness section..

So please, have respect for eachother, if your gonna post here, post a reply to the topic, or a friendly comment to eachother.

I'm sick of coming back here and seeing everyone fight, it's dumb. It's a forum, it's a question.

Answer it, laugh, be happy. But dont pick fights. We are not on a playground where we push eachother around.

Don't sit there and justify you yourself, being a jerk. By thinking, or saying. " I Was just pointing out that they are dumb, they didnt spell something right. They think they're better then us,"

I dont know if it makes people feel better about themselves, when they're rude to eachother. Maybe saying something mean will make you feel like your superior. We are on a forum people, if it makes you feel cool.. then get a life <___<;;;... Maybe you get a laugh out of this? But stop, and take it elsewhere.

Cosplay for 2009 is:
Blaire - Soul Eater
Shampoo - Ranma 1/2
Lunamaria - Gundam Seed Destiny
and.. er ya

Devdaron

erm...btw, what does being a geek have anything to do with the mods? Chill out. Seriously.

So, keep to the topic please? Take the Mod argument to a different thread.

Anyway...

I remember when I was a closet geek. I used to pretend to hate pokemon and be hating on it with friends, when, really, I was interested in it.  Then I met one of my uber best buds and she was like "WTF? Pokemon is the shit!" I was like "O.O Srsly?" and then she got me the game. It just escalated from there since. Now, I'm "out of the closet" so to speak as a geek.

So yeah...anyway...random story xD lol... so does anyone else remember when they were a closet geek? Or were you always an open geek? Or are you still a closet geek?

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

I was pushed into geekdom at too young of an age to try and hide it at all Devdaron XD I was friends with all the boys and all they wanted to do was play videogames so I was quick to catch on XD
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

Khaistyle

Quote from: Devdaron on May 14, 2009, 12:30:05 PM
so does anyone else remember when they were a closet geek? Or were you always an open geek? Or are you still a closet geek?

I don't really tell a lot of people because I don't like being roped in with the stereotypes. If you were around the campus you'd know the lot I speak of. At school I'm mostly just a guy who tutors, loves djing/turntablism and has an xbox 360. Then again, I'm not sure if I really count as an otaku/gamer anymore. I think at one point I was really into it (took japanese in highschool, had an anime club, watched a lot of mainstream crap) but as I've moved through the college years I find myself watching less and less anime and only playing the couple of games I truly love. Don't get me wrong though, I still keep up on fansubs and manga translations, just never get around to watching/reading them, heh.

I am, however, a depraved filth merchant from the depths of 4chan and Something Awful. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to hide that when I'm in a relationship? Its like a double life, people!  :-[
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

G.I.R

Quote from: Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi on May 08, 2009, 03:03:39 PM
I wish I was a 'Big Bang Theory"  type of geek! XD I would be really proud if I was that smart. (or do I only think I would be proud cause im this stupid? XD)

Well, now you can buy shirts like Sheldon wears:  http://www.sheldonshirts.com/sheldon.html   ;D

PoisonFish

I've been an open geek for my whole life. I used to have a few issues getting along with others, but that was middle school. Frankly, something is wrong if you don't have issues in middle school. But these days I get along fine with most people, and my geekitude knows few bounds. I love most things nerd, science, "SCIENCE", anime, science fiction, fantasy, most video games, roleplaying. In fact I used to run a roleplaying game as a form of tutoring for a summer/school year program. I suppose focusing heavily into academics, specifically sociology, allows me to feel more comfortable with being geeky in front of others. Though, I don't always talk about specifically 'geeky' things. What helps with that though is I do have a wide range of interests beyond what I would consider geeky.

satanic_mechanic

I would say that I am an open geek.  However, given my surroundings (LA) where the geek population is sparse, plus my surroundings on the TKD team gives me some jockish qualities, ive been told.  I tried not to take that as a pejorative.

I know people who possessed higher levels of geekitude then I, but it really pisses me off when someone plays geekier than thou.  I might not be the geekiest guy out there, but I am a geek.  Its my culture.

I wouldn't say I like anime so much... I dont really view it any different from other forms of television or cinema.  Watching pokemon as a kid was just saturday morning cartoons, as with DBZ on weekday afternoons on toonami.  it was just another cartoon to me.  it wasnt until i got deeper into the anime community that I was able to find stuff (and people's personalities, frankly) that would draw a sharp distinction between "hey i think this cartoon is cool" and the fervent wail of some pretty dedicated "otakus."

i started with jurassic park and then star wars and then video games.  these sub-categorical geek cultures tend to bleed into each other - alot of video gamers like anime and vice versa.

Since I'm graduating soon (eff UCLA btw) and there is a crappy job market, i was considering getting some sort of graduate research grant to examine the west coast geek phenomenon, since there is no "Unified Geek Theory (TM)." Hooray liberal arts degree.

geeks are my type of people.  they come from all backrounds, and are oftentimes the most accepting, understanding people in the world.  well, at least my geek friends are.   
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

anime4me

I am definitely a geek and proud of it.  Ten years ago when I was a teenager, not so much.  Growing up in LA will do that to you.  Too much shopping and beach going and all.  As an adult, it's hard to be a geek.  I can share my opinions, but many people are highly opinionated on adults that like manga, anime, video games, or anything other than the "norm."  I tell people what I like and they don't say anything, but they talk to me behind other people's backs that like the same things I like, judging them.  So in answer, I am an open geek, but because of my status, location (still LA, suburbia), occupation, and age, I cannot be as open as I would like to be.
Sheena Fujibayashi: Did you see my attack?
Zelos Wilder: Oh yeah, baby, I was watching.
Sheena Fujibayashi: For some reason, I don't think that's what you were focusing on.