Anybody Down To Protest The Protesters?

Started by xLolitaBoix, March 24, 2009, 08:12:19 PM

xLolitaBoix

If you are reply to this...

IT WILL BE A NON VIOLENCE PROTEST! Using signs. and nothing more
...we will be protesting OUTSIDE THE CON! NO GOING INSIDE!
anyone is cool to join even if you are christian your self. you could be like "IM A CHRISTIAN ANIME NERD!" just be open minded to other signs.
If I find a sign to be WAAAYYYY NOT cool. than you will not be able to protest with us. if you decide to go start your own protest, than the consequences are on you even if you get your butt kicked.

I asked in the protesters thread in the forum and one of the Moderators said it is public property, so it is fine. as long as we dont go in the Con. Now people I do not want ANY COPS to show up to arrest us. so dont like do anything stupid. The rules are as follow;

1- NO VIOLENCE
2- Do not be easily persuaded (some people are you would be surprised)
3- DO NOT ATTACK JESUS! it is like sparking violence
4- Stand your ground. Whut? Stand your ground, if insulted do not fight. Use your mind. Ask something like "Where In The Bible Does It State Anime Is A Sin?"
5- Keep proud-

the biggest rules in there are the ones pertaining to violence it is one thing i am WAY against i dont like violence or fighting period.
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-
and its here for Ive been told-
That Ill die before Im old-
And The Wind I Know Its Cold

PyronIkari

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

rude32

Quote3- DO NOT ATTACK JESUS! it is like sparking violence

Why would we attack Jesus? Apparently you don't know, but he is also a member on the forums.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

BrightHeart76

People like that thrive on attention, you'll only be making them want to keep protesting us.  I know it's hard, but the best solution to people like this is to just ignore them.  By planning a big alternate protest you're just making things worse.  If you really feel like you NEED to do something just stand with your back turned.  But even that is just going to validate them coming to our convention.

It's fun to joke on the forums about making alternate anime protest signs and all.  However, in real life it's just going to feed their desire to hang around and annoy all of the fanime people.

There are so many fun and interesting things to be doing during Fanime.  Why waste time and energy on some narrow minded protesters?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

xLolitaBoix

Quote from: rude32 on March 24, 2009, 08:57:12 PM
Quote3- DO NOT ATTACK JESUS! it is like sparking violence

Why would we attack Jesus? Apparently you don't know, but he is also a member on the forums.

well no like say some one is a real JERK and decides to do so. thats all i mean... I WOULD NOT PERSONALLY... but i'm sure someone who is not as open minded and awesome as me *brushes fingers on torso* just kidding XD... no but im sure some person who is like all GYAAAA would...

and if you are in the forums; HEY JESUS! GOOD LUCK WITH THE PROTEST! (and i really do mean that and NOT in a sarcastic way either)

Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-

xLolitaBoix

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 24, 2009, 08:58:42 PM
People like that thrive on attention, you'll only be making them want to keep protesting us.  I know it's hard, but the best solution to people like this is to just ignore them.  By planning a big alternate protest you're just making things worse.  If you really feel like you NEED to do something just stand with your back turned.  But even that is just going to validate them coming to our convention.

It's fun to joke on the forums about making alternate anime protest signs and all.  However, in real life it's just going to feed their desire to hang around and annoy all of the fanime people.

There are so many fun and interesting things to be doing during Fanime.  Why waste time and energy on some narrow minded protesters?

You make a good point brightheart 76, but understand we are not doing this to make them go away NO to make them come back OR EVEN STAY. it is to get our opinions heard.
we WILL not use means of violence coz thats stupid and just seems like war... a lot of good war does us. -.- i mean fights a lot of good that does us right?

plus i even said to my friends WHICH i failed to say here;
"If for what ever reason I feel our protest was unsuccessful, I would shake each and every one of their hands and say something nice"
because thats how i am... i know defeat. and even if i feel we have gotten our point shown i will still do so i believe
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-

PyronIkari

Our opinions of what?

I seriously don't get what the point of this is? To protest the protesters? Why are you being a hypocrite and saying the exact opposite of what you just said in the Music/racism thread? These people are allowed to protest, protesting their protesting, is like saying... they don't have the right to protest, and to show that, you are doing the exact same thing they are doing.

I don't get what the point is, seriously.

Why would I voice that I don't want them there, as long as they don't physically do anything to anyone, or don't physically cause problems, then I have no issue with them protesting, that's their right to do.

xLolitaBoix

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 24, 2009, 09:44:33 PM
Our opinions of what?

I seriously don't get what the point of this is? To protest the protesters? Why are you being a hypocrite and saying the exact opposite of what you just said in the Music/racism thread? These people are allowed to protest, protesting their protesting, is like saying... they don't have the right to protest, and to show that, you are doing the exact same thing they are doing.

I don't get what the point is, seriously.

Why would I voice that I don't want them there, as long as they don't physically do anything to anyone, or don't physically cause problems, then I have no issue with them protesting, that's their right to do.

uhm because i can do this it is a free country... and to be quite honest it was not my idea i am just following through on my besties idea.

and "OUR" opinions does not specifically mean you it is everyone who would like to do this. and it is to say that "Anime is not a sin..." and  "where does it say so in the bible?"
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-

Jun-Watarase

I strongly do not believe FanimeCon would advocate this, so if you insist on organizing and discussing this event, please do it elsewhere and not on the Fanime Boards. Thank you.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

Yes, there is. The opposition may not necessarily be against your cause, but I would believe that it would not be approved of to host a protest outside of the con. Not only does it cause conflict and controversy with people outside of the con, it is potentially dangerous to our attendees and could possibly become a riot.

Realize, even if you may find it fun, you are protesting against other protesters. I do not believe that it'd be wise hosting an event that poses as a danger to people in the area, and two groups of opposing protesters are likely to be assessed by proper authorities.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: xLolitaBoix on March 24, 2009, 09:49:02 PM

uhm because i can do this it is a free country... and to be quite honest it was not my idea i am just following through on my besties idea.

and "OUR" opinions does not specifically mean you it is everyone who would like to do this. and it is to say that "Anime is not a sin..." and  "where does it say so in the bible?"

Actually, "anime" itself is not a sin, but the things depicted in virtually every single anime are sins. I'm guessing you know jack nothing about the bible and what it actually says. Should I quote some of the ten commandments?

Do not have any other gods before me.

False deities, the belief of them, and their existence is a direct mortal sin. By watching a show where gods and demons exist, you are negating the fact that God is the sole creator and the sole superior being.

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

This is explained as anything lustful. Characters in anime are made to be physically appealing to create a lust for. By definition, these are sinful creations that go directly against the 10 commandments, and hence sins.

Incest, pedophilia, homosexuality, all common themes in Anime. Murder, death, violence and its depiction is sinful.

So where does it say that anime is a sin? A lot of places... BUT... so are a lot of other things in this world.

You, CAN do this. I'm not saying you can't, but I'm saying "what's the point?" All you would be doing, is being a huge hypocrite. All you would be doing, is giving other anime fans, a bad name. All you would be doing... is making yourself look like an idiot.

If this is your goal, hey, feel free, I'm not going to stop you, because frankly, that would make me a hypocrite, I'm just giving you some advice. It's not a smart idea to do.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 24, 2009, 09:55:44 PM
...you are protesting against other protesters...
Thats what makes it so Lulzy...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xLolitaBoix

eh all true. ugh i just wish every one could just GET ALONG! no religious protesters. XP im fine with religion but the fact that there are SO MANY RULES that make certain things sinful. i know this one guy, his mother would prolly think this is some nasty convention for a bunch of solicited sex. she has said something of the sort... -.- i would not doubt it if she were out there this year >_<
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-

PyronIkari

Quote from: xLolitaBoix on March 24, 2009, 10:06:22 PM
eh all true. ugh i just wish every one could just GET ALONG! no religious protesters. XP im fine with religion but the fact that there are SO MANY RULES that make certain things sinful. i know this one guy, his mother would prolly think this is some nasty convention for a bunch of solicited sex. she has said something of the sort... -.- i would not doubt it if she were out there this year >_<

Uh... you realize that a lot of solicited sex happens at cons, right?

Jun-Watarase

Just in case you haven't realized, protesting against other protesters... just to oppose them, isn't going to suddenly make everyone get along. If anything, it'll anger the protesters, and irritate the rest of FanimeCon attendees by bringing MORE conflict in the general area. If anything escalates, it would become a problem, and possibly harm people.

FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 24, 2009, 10:09:16 PM
Quote from: xLolitaBoix on March 24, 2009, 10:06:22 PM

Uh... you realize that a lot of solicited sex happens at cons, right?
Erotic.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 24, 2009, 10:13:25 PM
Just in case you haven't realized, protesting against other protesters... just to oppose them, isn't going to suddenly make everyone get along. If anything, it'll anger the protesters, and irritate the rest of FanimeCon attendees by bringing MORE conflict in the general area. If anything escalates, it would become a problem, and possibly harm people.
I doubt it would irritate other attendees. The '08 protesters didn't. they were just something to laugh at. If anything it will just piss-off those trying to do a Cosplay Gathering. At the most.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LordKefka

I don't know if I'm more bothered by the idea of the topic creator or by his random CAPS and WORDS.that.are.typed.like...THIS.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor