Adventure to the Tattoo Parlor

Started by blancoisma, March 24, 2009, 08:55:12 PM

blancoisma

Since my friends don't seem to get my tattoos, I thought I would share my most recent adventure to the tattoo parlor with you guys. On one side, I have multiple characters from several series incorporated into one piece ( I know it's a weird angle and a bad picture, but it's not done yet and there are a couple things that need fixing before I will properly take a pic ) and the other I have waves, cherry blossoms, and one BIG red rose. If you know anime, you should know where those flowers came from. I know there are probably similar threads, so feel free to post any anime related tattoos. And if you see me at Fanime, I'll probably have it done by then so you can see it in person :D

"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

iNSOMNiAC

blancoisma

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on March 24, 2009, 09:32:42 PM
I see Maestro Delphine!

Huzzah! You win! Yes, Maestro Delphine is definitely in there, as well as Dio and Luciola lol.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

BrightHeart76

Is that the rose symbol from Utena?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

blancoisma

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 24, 2009, 09:37:23 PM
Is that the rose symbol from Utena?

Yes it is. I also have Anthy and Utena on there as well, but they need some fixing when I go back for color, so that's my reason for not showing them in the pic.

XpHoBiaX

Hardcore commitment yo.
Props and kudos.
How many sessions to go?
Sit like a sailor?
Did ya cry?? X3

I have 12+ hours on my left arm so far. ;)
I'm gonna do a Nobody symbol in blacklight ink. ;)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

blancoisma

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on March 25, 2009, 01:31:05 PM
Hardcore commitment yo.
Props and kudos.
How many sessions to go?
Sit like a sailor?
Did ya cry?? X3

I have 12+ hours on my left arm so far. ;)
I'm gonna do a Nobody symbol in blacklight ink. ;)

I've had two sessions so far for the outline of my characters, the ocean waves and flowers. Both consisted of a little over two hours, and I think I may have another two left. I'm going back in two and a half weeks to do the color on all of my characters, and the last one for the ocean waves and flowers.

As for crying, I haven't yet, lol. There have been some moments where I was ready to kick something over, particularly the giant red Utena rose, but other than that it's been pretty okay :)

kollunz

doot

blancoisma

Quote from: kollunz on March 31, 2009, 09:01:34 PM
any more updates man?

Not quite yet, I have my 3rd session this upcoming Sunday to fill in the color on all the characters, so I'll post full pics of the character side of my arm later Sunday afternoon :)

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

blancoisma

Quote from: rude32 on April 02, 2009, 09:05:25 PM
so whos the artist?

His name's Jody and he works at Accent Tattoo & Piercing in downtown Ukiah. It's about...2, 2 1/2 hours north of San Francisco. His portfolio is very impressive, check him out at

www.accenttattoo.com

He's worked on me before, and he's done tons of stuff, but he says this is the first time he's tackled this large, anime style related. So, hopefully it'll turn out great in the end, I'm happy with his work.

XpHoBiaX

Awesome! Please get pics up asap yo!! I can't wait~!

I had 2 artists on my arm when I was apprenticing...There was a few spots that made me fidget. But for the most part I was good. I still have a long ways to go on my arm tho. A lot of it now is impromtu, so we didn't have a picture or anything. Just sorta did whatever. It'll turn out pretty good, as soon as I get some more monies. I may do some of the work myself...@_@ I am crazy enough to do it.

2010 cosplay...?

blancoisma

So i'm here at the shop. Keep u posted later!

Mordyan

Quote from: blancoisma on April 02, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: rude32 on April 02, 2009, 09:05:25 PM
so whos the artist?

His name's Jody and he works at Accent Tattoo & Piercing in downtown Ukiah. It's about...2, 2 1/2 hours north of San Francisco. His portfolio is very impressive, check him out at

www.accenttattoo.com

He's worked on me before, and he's done tons of stuff, but he says this is the first time he's tackled this large, anime style related. So, hopefully it'll turn out great in the end, I'm happy with his work.

I walk past that place several times a week on my way to lunch. It is only about 6 blocks form where I live. They are doing great work so far on your tat.

blancoisma

Yay! Another session down! So, Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena is finished! I know there are differences in color, and the overall outfit, but it was meant that way. The pictures are a little "eh" but for serious, I am in LOVE with how it turned out. Next session, we tackle Dio, Luciola, and Maestro Delphine from Last Exile on my upper arm. So excited! Oh! I was dead wrong on how many sessions I had left. At this rate, it'll be another 4+ before it's all done  :o

XpHoBiaX

Yeah, anything like that always takes a long time to put together and work on.
This ain't Miami Ink, where you can cut out scenes to make things look like they only took 2 hours.  :D

Although I am excited to all of it done. X3 Beautiful!

2010 cosplay...?

blancoisma

Hey those that have been following this thread. Sorry for lack of updates, work has been killing me ( thank jebus the tax season is over ) but I thought I'd let you know that I am going back for my 4th session tomorrow afternoon, so I should have some new color done and new pictures to share. At this point, we might be working on Sailor Saturn, or possibly the cast of Last Exile. It's all up in the air right now lol.

Of course, my sleeve won't be done by Fanime. This will be the last session I go to until after the con, since I have to save up a bit of money and my cosplay is in need of some desperate work ( SO much to do!)

Anywho, I'll keep you guys posted and expect some new pics tomorrow night!

blancoisma

Alright, so it's Saturday morning and my artist just called me to say he's sick as a dog. So, we're rescheduling for next weekend, so obviously no new work for today. I'll have pictures next Saturday if all goes well. Alright, sorry guys, I'm bummed out too, but things happen. Catch ya later!

XpHoBiaX

No worries man. My sleeve won't be done by fanime either. lols
Things like that take time man. Lots of time, endurance, and money. XD

2010 cosplay...?

Liquid

I'm trying to figure out IF I want more tattoos or not. I got one on my back, but the dude who did it was pissed off the entire time cause I was a "bleeder."
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter