electricity-lambs

FanimeCon 2020 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Parking Request...  (Read 2304 times)

jeans

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
A Parking Request...
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »

Hello everyone!

I recently moved nearby the convention center (right behind it, in fact) and I notice something every convention: people with $51 tickets on their windshield because they parked in a permit parking only spot. It also aggravates all the people who live on the street because there is no place for them to park!

So, just a heads up: unless you want a ticket, park in a garage or lot! It's definitely cheaper and about the same distance to walk.

Thank you :)

heeroyuy135

• Royal Economic Advisor
  • Onegai Post
  • California Conventions Blog
    • View Profile
Re: A Parking Request...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »

This is also a good opportunity to mention that some of the hotels have a discount on vallet, so check your reservation and call ahead.
I know that the Marriott hotel has 1/2 vallet, and I took full advantage of it. Remember to tip!

BeelzieNao

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:32:39 AM »

Speaking of the Marriott hotel and parking... How much do they charge for the valet and the garage next to it?(which is cheaper basically) Last year i didn't have to worry about this because I wasn't the one w/ the car, but I'm taking my own car this year. (slipped my mind when asking my friends mom how much it was last year :P )

jAded

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:21:06 AM »

If I remember correctly, parking in the garage is $25 per day. As for hotel valet parking, it varies by hotel, but most offer discounts to registered fanime con goers. You can see the list here: https://www.cmrhousing.com/fani_1a/hotellist.aspx. The Marriot specifically is $25 but it's 50% off of that if you are a registered con-goer. 

jeans

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »

Just park in a lot or in the garage on San Carlos and 2nd street (it's $2 on weekends!). It'll be cheaper than hotel parking.

Jidai Geki

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »

Downtown San Jose Parking info here:
http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.php?PHPSESSID=90c5abcda22051145a4e0085e87a8f06

This will help all of you decide where to park and parking expendature.
Please be mindful and respectful of posted regulatory signs.
WELCOME TO SAN JOSE!!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 24 queries.