Registration, specifically Identification

Started by deemoelester, March 26, 2009, 11:27:57 PM

deemoelester

Alright so this is my first year registering for Fanime, my friend an I are planning to do so before the 31st (yeah its like two days away, we're lazy and haven't gone to the bank) and this is also my first post on this forum : D. So everything should work out fine except for one thing.

Do you have to be 18 to register? She is 18, I am 7 months short of it, but we want to do the whole hang out, room thing, cosplay coordination thing together.

Also, I think her registering will be fine. She also has a Permit/License looking card/ ID. But I don't really have ID

What I do have is a California Benefits Identification card with official government seal and everything. It has my Name and Date of Birth.
I don't have a Social Security Number (I came to California from Mexico and those things take a while, we're on a list somewhere, and have been for several years).
I don't have a permit/license thing (I've never driven, its never been necessary).
I DO have a School ID with my picture and name.
Last year to get into a Yaoi event (the one for +16) I showed both Cali Benefits ID and School ID for photo evidence.

I know you're supposed to have some kind of ID to pick up the badges, so I'm wondering if with the IDs I have, if that will work or if there is any way to get some Official government picture ID before Fanime.

One last thing, we were going to deposit 110 dollars on my friend's Debit Card and pay with that but so far I've only heard Money Order and check, so is Debit card acceptable or just not recomended?

ewu

Key to registration is that we are looking for 1) valid, 2) government issued 3) photo 4) ID.

All of the 4 elements. there are exceptions but a school ID is not one of them. I will address your situation in a PM.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom