Pokemon Platinum

Started by JTchinoy, March 31, 2009, 12:30:22 AM

JTchinoy

Who got this game?  I love it.  :)

bullet punch scizor is awesome <3

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Nanashi

I need to get this. I'm strapped for cash though, and have other, more important things (a new hard-drive) to buy first.

Is it compatible for battle/trade with Diamond and Pearl?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Oniko

So I bought this and I was thinking cool pokemon, guess its ok I spent that money.  The I really wish I hadnt.  I love the pokemon universe and all but it feel like DP are still a little too fresh in my mind.  The only thing I had to look forward to was maybe getting some good stuff going on it by Fanime, because you know everyone will have it out while waiting in line.  Unfortunately my DS went missing last week.  I think it's gone for good. Pokemon was not inside it but my favorite game was.  Dunno when I'll be getting a new DS.  Maye if I hadnt have spent the money on Pokemon lol.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

JTchinoy

Yes it's compatible with dp.  It's the special edition for the d/p series, like emerald to ruby and sapphire.

you lost me oniko, DP is still fresh in your mind?  This is DP, only A LOT better.  The elite four is ridiculously harder after the first time you beat them, the battle frontier is mildly entertaining (i beat each brain once and the tower twice).  You can fight random gym leaders daily after you beat team galactic where heatran is (This is possibly my favorite change).  Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres become catchable.  You can catch the 3 regi if you have special regigigas.  You can catch dialga and palkia at level 70.  Shaymin and giratina have alternate forms.  etc. etc.

If you guys think trading is hard, you aren't abusing the Wi-fi capabilities.  I do all of my trading online.  My friends actually aren't useful when it comes to trading for rare pokemon/ event pokemon, lol.  You can battle online as well oniko, join gamefaqs.  Everyone is always looking for battles and trades there.  ;)

AND REMEMBER: We're having a pokemon tournament at fanime, so get ready for massive trades/ battles =O

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Umeboshi

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 31, 2009, 11:45:56 AM

AND REMEMBER: We're having a pokemon tournament at fanime, so get ready for massive trades/ battles =O

OMG Really, cool. I got it, it was worth the money. I like the new add ons and stuff, it's uber fun :3 <__< We should warm up battle -cracks nuckles-

Cosplay for 2009 is:
Blaire - Soul Eater
Shampoo - Ranma 1/2
Lunamaria - Gundam Seed Destiny
and.. er ya

JTchinoy

let me finish this elite 4 run. i'm game >=D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Umeboshi

Yay okay me too xD ive only put twelve hours in it barely got it awhile ago. I was too broke to buy it but i got it as a gift. Sooo yay /hugs my team

Cosplay for 2009 is:
Blaire - Soul Eater
Shampoo - Ranma 1/2
and.. er ya

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'll wait for the next Pokemon Series so I can get into from Launch. I don't want to or have the time to train new Pokemons, and waiting will be the best option for me. Plus I lost track of my Pearl, which SHOULD be right next to my Fanime money in my safe. Silly DS games being so small...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Thinking back the only SpecEd series I have ever owned was Yellow Version. Yellow was the s**t.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

I traded my pikachu to r/b to evolve his ass. >=)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Oniko

I only made it to the first gym before my DS was lost/stolen so I have yet to really explore it.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

JTchinoy

Quote from: Oniko on April 01, 2009, 12:49:34 PM
I only made it to the first gym before my DS was lost/stolen so I have yet to really explore it.
If you ever get a DS and platinum again, give it another go.  You won't see the difference in the game until you face team galactic and everything.  Opponents are stronger and everything. 

Keeping pokemon to support my weak ones in elite 4 is hard because by the time they're strong enough to roll through the elite 4, they're already like level 88-100  ???

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 01, 2009, 01:08:23 PM
Quote from: Oniko on April 01, 2009, 12:49:34 PM
If you ever get a DS and platinum again, give it another go.  You won't see the difference in the game until you face team galactic and everything.  Opponents are stronger and everything. 

Keeping pokemon to support my weak ones in elite 4 is hard because by the time they're strong enough to roll through the elite 4, they're already like level 88-100  ???

Hey, at least theres still challenge that high up. Otherwise the only fun you get out of it is playing other players.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Umeboshi

anyone gonna get the dsi?

Cosplay for 2009 is:
Blaire - Soul Eater
Shampoo - Ranma 1/2
and.. er ya

JTchinoy

my roommate is.  too rich for my blood right now.  i have to fix my car first :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Umeboshi

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 02, 2009, 10:22:19 AM
my roommate is.  too rich for my blood right now.  i have to fix my car first :P

xD -is poor- I saved for it. yay me ;p pretty excited about it.

Cosplay for 2009 is:
Blaire - Soul Eater
Shampoo - Ranma 1/2
and.. er ya

JTchinoy

when you can webcam through the dsi, i'll be impressed.  ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Umeboshi

xD;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

xD That'd be really.. really amusing. xD!

Cosplay for 2009 is:
Blaire - Soul Eater
Shampoo - Ranma 1/2
and.. er ya

TC X0 Lt 0X

You should no better JT.
Motercycles > Cars

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.