Pokemon Platinum

Started by JTchinoy, March 31, 2009, 12:30:22 AM

G.I.R

Started playing today.  I started with Turtwig also.  :D

JohnnyAR

So anyone have any shinies? I just got a shiny Dialga

Oh! Anyone have a UT Caterpie and a UT Mankey? or breed one for me? Lv 1 please

JTchinoy

I just have shinies i got in online trades.
Shiny dialga, mew, suicune, entei, skarmory, eevee, probopass

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Dude I just got a shiny (yellow) Deoxys last night, freaken hilarious.

This guy was trying to clone it and so the WANTED pokemon he listed was a Lv 100 Turtwig. I immediatly grab my R4, traded a Turtwig I had on Pearl to my R4, then used cheats to get Rare Candies, gave everstone to Turtwig to hold, and kept giving him Rare Candies until he reached Lv 100. Went back on GTS, whaddya know shiny Deoxys is still there. So I traded and lol'd. I want to see how the guy reacts when he finds a Turtwig in place of his shiny Deoxys.

JTchinoy

LOL.  :P

i have a level 100 shiny deoxys.  i dont use it though, its not ev trained ;(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Btw JT, were you on GTS last night? There was a pokemon with JT as its OT

JTchinoy

Nope.  What pokemon was it?  It may have been one of my pokemon from palpark that I mightve traded to someone else.

I'm JTchnoy in platinum and Chinoy in diamond.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2009, 03:13:30 PM
Nope.  What pokemon was it?  It may have been one of my pokemon from palpark that I mightve traded to someone else.

I'm JTchnoy in platinum and Chinoy in diamond.

OK nevermind then.

Liquid

I met this girl the other day... *not naming any names* who said she had like.... nearly 400 pokemons. In my moment of shock I called her a newb and promptly put her down for not having enough pokemons.

P.S. I don't play this game.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Liquid on April 07, 2009, 03:33:50 PM
I met this girl the other day... *not naming any names* who said she had like.... nearly 400 pokemons. In my moment of shock I called her a newb and promptly put her down for not having enough pokemons.

P.S. I don't play this game.
I don't get it =P
400 Pokemon is not a big deal at all. Unless there all fully trained to 100 and such, then it would be.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

If that's 400 species, then i'd be impressed.  She deserves a cookie.  =P
i dont play for the pokedex, i play to train.  ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Liquid

I was assuming she meant species. I believe she said something like.... 389 or something? I dunno. I can't remember. It was a large number.

I only remember when Pokemon had 151 and it only came in Red and Blue. I haven't played it since those days.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

JTchinoy

several people haven't.  It's amazing that there's people who can recall all 493 of today's pokemon.

I remember my missingno. pokemon and my level 155 charizard.  :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2009, 04:55:40 PM
Ah yes, good times, good times...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 07, 2009, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2009, 04:55:40 PM
Ah yes, good times, good times...
My Level 96 Fushigidane from Leaf Green...

JohnnyAR

So what are the tournament rules?

JTchinoy

Quote from: JohnnyAR on April 07, 2009, 06:49:37 PM
So what are the tournament rules?

Let me copy pasta it...

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Tournament rules:
1v1, 6 pokemon format
No Uber tier Pokemon allowed
Species clause (No more than 1 copy of a single pokemon species per team.  Variations of the same pokemon are no exception.)
Evasion ban (Moves that increase your evasion are not allowed: Double Team and Minimize)
Sleep clause (You may not put more than 1 of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time.  If they use rest on one or more of their pokemon, you can still put 1 of their pokemon to sleep)
Freeze clause (Although there's no way to enforce this mid game, you're not allowed to freeze more than 1 of your opponent's pokemon)
OHKO ban (straight forward, no OHKO moves like Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold)
We will likely use self-KO clause (If you use Explosion or Self-destruct with your last pokemon to KO your opponent's, you lose.  Destiny Bond will not give you the win if this results in both players losing all of their pokemon.)
Event moves are allowed, but keep in mind that we know what pokemon can get what moves.

No R4 or other emulators allowed, real copies of Pokemon only.
No hacked or edited Pokemon.
No changing teams in between matches; you must use the team that you present to us.
You must present your team at the time of registration for inspection.  If known to you, please present IVs and EVs with your team.
We will have IV calculators on us and we will be well informed on the legal movesets of most, if not all, Pokemon.
Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to the official start time.  We would like ample time to inspect everyone's teams.

Prize: To be revealed

edit::
Please keep in mind that until Nintendo officially releases the Rotom secret key, Rotom alternate forms are banned from this tournament.

We will be using the Smogon.com rulings on which pokemon are uber/OU/UU/NU as of this edit.  Further smogon rulings will be ignored for Fanime.

UBER Pokemon:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

If it's not on this list, it's allowed for the tournament.  There is a Soul Dew ban for those using Latias.

I'm thinking of banning rotom alternate forms even if they release the key.  People are starting to breed their teems already and if the rotom key is released 2-3 weeks before fanime nobody will be able to adapt in time.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

narutofan17

I got it a about a week ago and I can't put it down. I'm addicted to raising berries. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: narutofan17 on April 17, 2009, 03:23:32 PM
I got it a about a week ago and I can't put it down. I'm addicted to raising berries. XD
That reminds me how I holocaust all the berries in my Pearl. Now I have to talk to some creepy guy for them in a attempt to re-berry the world.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Wait, people actually use the berries other than poffin making?