Fanime 2009's Official eGaming Thread (updated 5/19/09)

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 02, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

JTchinoy

Register on Friday or Saturday before the tournament.  I'll clarify the OU/ UU list (Manaphy will not participate in this tournament) as well as what these clauses are soon.  I'll edit the above post rather than create a new post.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

hamm

OK, so since I won't be getting there until late Friday, I'm worried about being screwed over for the tournaments as far as entrance is concerned.  Anything I can do?

JTchinoy

If you're planning to enter Saturday and Sunday tournaments, just drop by after you're checked in and sign up.  Sign ups will be going on from Friday all the way until roughly an hour prior to the starting times.

You should be fine if you're coming Friday.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JTchinoy

Edited Pokemon tournament post to include descriptions of the rules and an explicit list of the banned pokemon.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Philip7086

Perfect list of rules, thank you. Time to start breeding, and maybe even looking for good natured/IV'd legendaries to trade.

JTchinoy

Yeah, I need to create a pair of pokes to kill some specific pains in my butt =)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Eboni ninja

I have a question for the Halo 3 tournament, for the one on Sunday do you have to form your own team before or are you assigned to one when you sign up?
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

JTchinoy

You're expected to form your own team.  About assigning you a group, I'll let the people running it reply.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2009, 05:17:58 PM
You're expected to form your own team.  About assigning you a group, I'll let the people running it reply.

You won't be assigned to a group if this tournament is run any way realistically. That would require them to take sign ups of empty teams and then assign people. YOU CAN form groups with other people that don't have teams there that are bound to show up.

Just show up if you want to enter, find others that don't have a team, and make a team. Chances are, you will lose, because your team and you have no clue about each other, how the others play, and will most likely die to a team that knows each other and knows how to communicate.

But, it's all in good fun, right?

NekoMiki

I don't know how many people in this thread will recognize/remember me, but I am Ming-Sum (Miki) and I talked to a few of the people from the Gaming department at the last meeting.

How long do you guys think the IIDX tournament will take?  How many songs will be played before someone is officially out?  I might have to be at the BWBall at 6, so hopefully it won't take long.

Also, I'll be practicing for the RPS tournament.  I suggest all of you who wishes to enter do so as well :|

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Eboni ninja on April 06, 2009, 05:13:14 PM
I have a question for the Halo 3 tournament, for the one on Sunday do you have to form your own team before or are you assigned to one when you sign up?
I would hate to be assigned to a team. That would just be annoying. Really, really annoying.
I assume that you may be assigned to a team if both you and the team has an opening, but it would also be assumed that people could sign up as a team of 4.
Otherwise i would have no plans to play. Well I'd actually probably still end up playing, but it would be far less fun.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2009, 06:07:20 PM
I would hate to be assigned to a team. That would just be annoying. Really, really annoying.
I assume that you may be assigned to a team if both you and the team has an opening, but it would also be assumed that people could sign up as a team of 4.
Otherwise i would have no plans to play. Well I'd actually probably still end up playing, but it would be far less fun.
I'm going to assign you to my team.  Keep in mind I don't play halo.  ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2009, 10:18:07 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2009, 06:07:20 PM
I'm going to assign you to my team.  Keep in mind I don't play halo.  ;)
I could never work with a Anti-Pockyist.
But in all seriousness, if I'm forced to be assigned, I would ofcourse someone who I know at the very least, no matter how little.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Just get a team of your friends together. Can't be that hard :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Eboni ninja

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2009, 11:21:47 PM
Just get a team of your friends together. Can't be that hard :P
It's a hard for me to make team cause I have no friends that play halo, they're Smash Bros. people. I wish knew people who played.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

To0PiD RaMeN

For the 4v4 and 2v2 you may sighn up with your own team of friends. But if you don't have anyone to play with then you will be put on a seperate list and be setup with a team.

Also the tournament may have to be split screen due to the number of 360's we will have. Some of the 360s avaiable to us don't have any of the dlc that we will be useing. The most we will have on a screen will be 2 for tournaments. I will be posting the rules soon. :)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on April 09, 2009, 05:29:15 PM

For the 4v4 and 2v2 you may sighn up with your own team of friends. But if you don't have anyone to play with then you will be put on a seperate list and be setup with a team.

Also the tournament may have to be split screen due to the number of 360's we will have. Some of the 360s avaiable to us don't have any of the dlc that we will be useing. The most we will have on a screen will be 2 for tournaments. I will be posting the rules soon. :)

What rule-set will we be using?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

To0PiD RaMeN

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 09, 2009, 08:12:22 PM

it will be a version of the rule set we use for sac anime. its will be br start with ar secondary. I will post the full rules once I have everything in order. Its sorta similar to mlg. If you would like to see what the rules will basicly be check out the sac anime forums in the sac anime gaming section.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on April 09, 2009, 08:37:06 PM

it will be a version of the rule set we use for sac anime. its will be br start with ar secondary. I will post the full rules once I have everything in order. Its sorta similar to mlg. If you would like to see what the rules will basicly be check out the sac anime forums in the sac anime gaming section.
That sounds horrible.
I do hope you at the very least use good maps.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

To0PiD RaMeN

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 09, 2009, 09:44:17 PM
Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on April 09, 2009, 08:37:06 PM

That sounds horrible.
I do hope you at the very least use good maps.
yeah well ill have the final ruleset up soon. We are debating the ar secondary thing right now. Other ideas was ar start no secondary. The thing about that is the br is where a lot of competive play centers around. I will always always except feedback though