Fanime 2009's Official eGaming Thread (updated 5/19/09)

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 02, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

Mizuki

You guys are aware you will probably only get 3 people for FUC and TVC, right?

Batman77

;D I'm definitely entering TvC and two of my friends are too. There was a TvC tourny in concord last month that had about 14 people in it. so if it's free to enter there should be at least that amount of people in it :-\ .
Said this before but it seems no one responded to it so. "I know you guys have a tourny for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the ps3. Could you guys please have a tournament for Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4? The game just came out here in the US recently and I'm really sure a lot of people would enter. Heck I have about 6-7 people that will be signing up if you have it."

JTchinoy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl FUBAR Tournament "Rules"
1v1v1v1 Free-for-all format
5 stock
10 minutes
Single elimination
All Items on
Nothing is banned.
Stage choice should be random or agreed upon by all 4 players.
No seeding.  I don't care if you're Barack Obama, you will be placed randomly.

If you're looking for a competitive and fair tournament, this one is NOT for you.  This tournament is for competitive and casual players alike.  It is for chaos, randomness, upsets, and everything else that shouldn't be in a balanced tournament.  Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the FUBAR tournament. :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

AmazingKenchan

2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Mizuki on April 16, 2009, 01:58:34 AM
You guys are aware you will probably only get 3 people for FUC, right?

Yeah, I'm aware.

I'm not even sure what to do for the tourney because of that. Round robin, maybe? I'll have a contingency plan in case we actually do get a decent amount of people.

Rules'll probably be announced after the meeting today.
epic progressive

vox

abcbadcat

Where is the Soul Calibur IV tournament?

and for the Street Fighter IV tournament... will every character be unlocked?

Dakanya

Quote from: Spiritsnare on April 19, 2009, 11:39:57 AM
You guys are aware you will probably only get 3 people for FUC, right?

Yeah, I'm aware.

I'm not even sure what to do for the tourney because of that. Round robin, maybe? I'll have a contingency plan in case we actually do get a decent amount of people.

Rules'll probably be announced after the meeting today.
Could probably get more players for FUC if it wasn't on Friday since it's a working day. I know one player who can't make it because of its timeslot.

Lordsnow

>.> What is Seeding? (in the brawl context) Also.. I am so playing in that brawl tourney... and not removing my helmet.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

JTchinoy

Seeding is when you place people in certain locations on the tournament bracket.

Seeding specific people is done so you place say 2 friends on opposite ends of the bracket so they don't fight until much later.  This tournament will completely ignore seeding good players/ known friends.  They just have to pray my tournament program doesn't pit them against each other.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Lordsnow

Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Mizuki

Thinking about it we'd have better luck with a KoF 98 UM tournament honestly. I won't say anything else, but you'll know the joke if you know why it'll pull massive amount of random numbers.

JTchinoy

After thinking about people who've already started creating their teams as well as the pokemon only existing in platinum, I've decided that Rotom alternate forms aren't allowed into Fanime's tournament.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Tetsuo9999

You guys are aware you will probably only get 3 people for FUC and TVC, right?

I'll enter FUC and TVC. I can provide both sticks (Wii Fighting stick and un-modded Tekken stick, respectively) and copies of the games if necessary.

Want to run an ASSASSIN'S CREED SODOMY tourney?

Person who gets the most guards to kill themselves wins.

-VIRUS-

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 20, 2009, 10:03:56 AM
Where is the Soul Calibur IV tournament?

and for the Street Fighter IV tournament... will every character be unlocked?
i dont know about soul calibur but for sf4 all characters might be unlock. i dont know cause im not hosting it. ill ask the guys who are. and we'll have arcade sticks for u guys for the tournament.
<br /><br />IDV4 #1 Irohazaka Driver in the USA<br />Cappuccino Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'44\\\'017 #1 USA Record, Irohazaka Reverse dry 2\\\'50\\\'064 #1 USA Record.<br />MR2 FT Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'45

Loco:Neko

hey guys!

when do you expect to have the specs up for the DDR Tourny?  I won't win (i know that already), but I wanna compete for old times sake.  Virus and XXXPlizit know what I'm talking about!   ;)

Mizuki

Quote from: Tetsuo9999 on April 24, 2009, 02:29:37 PM

IT'S ON. I just have to somehow have access to Assassin's Creed.

Tetsuo9999

Quote from: Mizuki on April 25, 2009, 11:59:29 PM

Get to it, sir.

My 360 hard drive got stolen, so I'd either have to use someone else's save at the con, or my friend's hard drive.

Mizuki

Quote from: Tetsuo9999 on April 26, 2009, 03:21:22 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on April 25, 2009, 11:59:29 PM

Get to it, sir.

My 360 hard drive got stolen, so I'd either have to use someone else's save at the con, or my friend's hard drive.

Or we can PC it, you know if everything is the same on PC?

Tetsuo9999

Yes it is, if you have it or something.

I sure as hell can't run it.

abcbadcat

I really hope we can do a Soul Calibur IV tournament (and I have a lot of created anime characters)

I just wished the Street Fighter IV tournament was on 360 because I am very used to the position of the 360s sticks and triggers

I have the parts and everything for my own arcade stick... I just haven't gotten around to making it yet [lazy]