Fanime 2009's Official eGaming Thread (updated 5/19/09)

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 02, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Taokakaftw

Are tournaments set up as a BYOC/BYOS or will there be some readily available?

If so, then what kinds of sticks will out there for us to use?
Nemui nya~su.

Spiritsnare

Copypastin' from Aksys@Dustloop -

QuoteFIRST EVER Console Rank Battle - BlazBlue Xbox 360 / PS3 versions
Saturday, May 23rd @ 1PM
Single Elimination, 2/3 matches
All participants will receive BlazBlue goodies and Ranking Points that will be posted on the official BlazBlue site.
Top 3 places will receive prizes, fame, and women!
epic progressive

vox

Taokakaftw

Quote from: Spiritsnare on May 16, 2009, 10:32:31 AM
Copypastin' from Aksys@Dustloop -

QuoteFIRST EVER Console Rank Battle - BlazBlue Xbox 360 / PS3 versions
Saturday, May 23rd @ 1PM
Single Elimination, 2/3 matches
All participants will receive BlazBlue goodies and Ranking Points that will be posted on the official BlazBlue site.
Top 3 places will receive prizes, fame, and women!

I'm HYPED! 
Nemui nya~su.

blu3marker

when do registration for the tournaments start?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

For those wondering about BYOC, yes, we will allow it.  There will be policies available for BYOC, but I am pretty sure everyone is smart enough to know. ;D

For those who wanted to know about tournament sign-ups, as JT said, tournament sign-ups will start on Friday @ 10:00 AM.  Please keep in mind the policies:
- Tournament space is very limited (varies upon tournaments).  If the list is full and you entered the tournament, you may be eligible to be put on the waiting list.  Keep in mind that the waiting list may be limited AND will not guarantee you a  spot at the tournament.
- Check in begins 1 hour before the tournament and ends 15 minutes before the tournament starts.  You MUST be present at those times, EVEN if you are on the possible waiting list!!  If your name is called and you don't show up, expect to be axed out of the tournament; others on the waiting list WILL replace you.  In other words, if ya snooze, ya lose.  :P
- While there will be a line to sign up for tournaments, there will be multiple registration staffers to assist you.  You can sign up for more than one tournament.  If you are that hardcore, you can sign up for all the tournaments if you wish.  However, use common sense; think thoroughly of what tournaments you want to participate.

Edited post: Thanks for the reminder, JT.  ^_^
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

blu3marker

Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on May 15, 2009, 12:50:36 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 15, 2009, 12:12:24 PM
We'll have sign up sheets starting Friday morning.  :)
Please remember to sign up early for all tournies you want to enter. ^_^
Indeed!  8)

wait, so we have to sign up on friday for all the tournaments? but about if im only attending one day n want to do a tournament for that day? would i still be able to sign up for it?

Taokakaftw

Can we register for our friends or do they have to show up in person?
Nemui nya~su.

blu3marker

now im worry i wont be able to do the l4d tournament, :P, me n my friends r coming on sat and we want to do the tournament, but im still wondering about the registration

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: blu3marker on May 17, 2009, 08:33:01 PM
Indeed!  8)

wait, so we have to sign up on friday for all the tournaments? but about if im only attending one day n want to do a tournament for that day? would i still be able to sign up for it?

You would be still able to sign up on that specific day.  Keep in mind that it is still a slim chance of entering UNLESS people don't pay attention and bail out (can't be stopped but it will eventually happen).  There may be a higher chance of no-shows from those who signed up on Friday and then no-show on Saturday/Sunday.

Quote from: Taokakaftw on May 17, 2009, 08:36:18 PM
Can we register for our friends or do they have to show up in person?

Registration requires identification to sign up, so they HAVE TO show up in person.

JTchinoy

We're planning to implement this, but haven't finalized:

Check in begins 1 hour before the tournament and ends 15 minutes before the tournament starts.  If you get in line to check in 1 minute late, sucks for you.  Waitlisted people must check in as well during this time period.  Anyone who doesn't check in will be immediately dropped.  It doesn't matter if you're at the tournament on time, if you didn't check in 15 minutes prior to the tournament start time you're SoL.
Don't sign up unless you actually intend to come to the tournament  
Don't leave an active tournament without permission, not even to go to the arcade.  If you go to the bathroom you must let the tournament facilitator know.  Do not dawdle when you're done, get back to the tournament asap.  If you're not there when the facilitator calls your name you will forfeit the match on the spot.  We've had too many people walk away and I'm done with waiting for someone who saw something cool at tabletop gaming to come back.  You've all been warned.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

blu3marker

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on May 17, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Indeed!  8)

You would be still able to sign up on that specific day.  Keep in mind that it is still a slim chance of entering UNLESS people don't pay attention and bail out (can't be stopped but it will eventually happen).  There may be a higher chance of no-shows from those who signed up on Friday and then no-show on Saturday/Sunday.

oh...=\well that sucks >.> i hope there will be space on sat for the l4d, n one question...how come the registration in general is on friday? wouldn't make more sense to have registration for the tournaments on the day they r happening?

JTchinoy

Clarification:
Registration for ALL tournaments well start on Friday and CONTINUE until probably 1 hour before the tournament starts, at which point we start check in.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

YaoiCat

I agree with Blu, the registration for the tournaments should begin on the same day as the tournament itself ... me and my friends can only afford one day at the con and we chose saturday specifically for the l4d tournament, and now we might not even get a space :(

otakuapprentice

I'm signing up for TvC(even though I will probably lose).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

abcbadcat

Can I sign my team up for L4D on Friday if I can guarantee they will all be there?

(BTW I showed up for every tourney I signed up for last year and I know Chinoy)

JTchinoy

I'll vouch for you abc.
Please remember that all of your teammates must be with you when you check in for the tournament.  I'm going to be strict on enforcing the check in policy.
Your entire team must be present for check in and at all times during the tournament's duration unless given explicit permission for a bathroom break from the tourney facilitator.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

For those asking for entry caps, 128 entrants WILL be the standard for most of the tournaments that are single elimination.  If there are any tournaments that are double-elimination, it would be 32 entrants.  However, reserve lists are limited in space; the number will vary on tournaments.

The following tournaments are exceptions to the above mentioned (undefined number):
- Rock, Paper, Scissors.  This tournament goes VERY FAST!!
- Rock Band 2 (Freestyle).  Bands perform once, and it also depends on Stage Zero's schedule on how many people can sign up.
- Guitar Hero: World Tour (Guitar Battle), DDR Extreme 2 (Perfect Attack), and Beatmania IIDX.  A prequalifier will determine who enters the actual brackets.

= = = = = = = = =

Quick additions:
- Even if you can sign up for as many tournaments as possible, you are only given one signup.  In other words, you cannot sign up for 3 tournaments at 5:00 PM Friday and then sign up again at 9:00 Friday or any other day.  Think responsibly.  If you have any questions, please ask us or read the pamphlet and we will be glad to assist you.
- Cutting in line is prohibited.  If you are caught cutting in line, you will be sent to the back of the line.
- Once you leave the line for any reason, you can't go back to your spot.
- Signing up other people in tournaments is prohibited.  Singles tournaments are no exceptions at all.  However, team tournaments may be an exception to "signing up other people" rule.  I suspect that everyone in the team show up.  Otherwise, good luck competing against the opposing team for Halo 3 or Left 4 Dead or good luck trying to find a replacement for Rock Band Freestyle.  :P

Quote from: blu3marker on May 17, 2009, 09:05:04 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on May 17, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Indeed!  8)

oh...=\well that sucks >.> i hope there will be space on sat for the l4d, n one question...how come the registration in general is on friday? wouldn't make more sense to have registration for the tournaments on the day they r happening?

Both scenarios would work.  However, the second scenario would be more reasonable especially for a big con like FanimeCon.

It would make sense that sign-ups for tournaments for that specific day would theoretically seem more organized.  There may be a chance that we'll see less bailouts who sign up on Friday and don't show up on Saturday and Sunday for other reasons.  It also forces those who are hogging up on tournaments to be in line 3 times to enter all tournaments for 3 days.  However...

...The main reason why we chose to start registration for all tournaments on Friday is because it will prepare us for what to expect on Saturday and Sunday.  Statistically, people will just sign up anyways, regardless of commitment because they want to secure their spot in the list.  Regardless of how strict we are gonna be (we are going to be very strict this year don't show up one second late), we cannot eliminate it entirely.  Yes, this includes same-day registration (example: they sign up early at 10 AM on Saturday, but for some awful reason they forgot they were a part of a Masquerade skit).

We apologize for the inconvenience.  However, this should NOT stop you and your friends from signing up for Left 4 Dead; we still have a reserve list.  But keep your hopes up; if bailouts occur as predicted, you have a high chance to still compete. :)

narutofan17

Who do I sign up with for the Smash Tournament?
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

blu3marker

do we need to bring our own controllers? for any of the tournaments? ???