Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Started by -VIRUS-, April 04, 2009, 04:24:16 PM

-VIRUS-

2 out 3 matches
Single Elimination or Double depending on entrys.
Characters: Winner has to saty on the same character and loser can change. Akuma is ban from the tournament.

<br /><br />IDV4 #1 Irohazaka Driver in the USA<br />Cappuccino Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'44\\\'017 #1 USA Record, Irohazaka Reverse dry 2\\\'50\\\'064 #1 USA Record.<br />MR2 FT Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'45

PyronIkari

M

Fix your post.

- 3 out of 5 rounds with 2 out of 3 matches will make this tournament extremely long. Do you have time for this?
- Also, stop shouting in your post (caps).
- I think that the tournaments can be condensed into one post.
- I don't think Akuma should be banned as some changes were made (excuse me if I'm completely wrong) that should have balanced him better.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

trupnoi

EVO is banning Akuma in their tournament (yes i know this is not EVO) so i say it sounds about right

PyronIkari

Quote from: trupnoi on April 05, 2009, 12:49:12 AM
EVO is banning Akuma in their tournament (yes i know this is not EVO) so i say it sounds about right

Evo banning Akuma is a lot of politics. But if you're going to say that...

EVO never does 3:5 in 2d games, because it's ridiculously stupid and completely changes how you play the game.

DJ Reign

Couldn't you just reverse the format from best of 3 5 round matches to best of 5 3 round matches?  That's what they do for Soulcalibur IV tourneys, and I know this is not Soulcalibur IV, but it wouldn't hurt much, right?

M

Quote from: trupnoi on April 05, 2009, 12:49:12 AM
Saying that EVO is doing something a certain way isn't bad. They are the biggest tournament (in the US) so they obviously know what they're doing and I actually haven't seen their rules for this game. PyronIkari's post also holds true in this regard as well.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Mizuki

Well, ST probably wouldn't be affected much by the 3/5 rules, it'll add like what, another 30 seconds to the batch? The game is really really fast, now I mean if it were CvS2 on the other hand, we'd have to finish next year (and possibly year after that.) Also, I'm not one to ban things in games, but Akuma offsets the "balance" even STHD has against most of the cast. It's hard to explain to someone who is really not familiar with the game deep down.

-VIRUS-

<br /><br />IDV4 #1 Irohazaka Driver in the USA<br />Cappuccino Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'44\\\'017 #1 USA Record, Irohazaka Reverse dry 2\\\'50\\\'064 #1 USA Record.<br />MR2 FT Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'45

PyronIkari

Quote from: -VIRUS- on April 18, 2009, 12:53:41 PM
*Updated*

Uh, if it's single elim, it should be 3 out of 5. ST single elim tourney will end in 15 min.

-VIRUS-

well it depend on u guys. if u want that way i can do. but from everything everyone wants 2 out 3. but like i said its up to u guys if u want it.

Willsun

What time is this tourney going to be held? I'm disappointed that I won't be able to make the Third Strike one on Friday, so I hope this is Saturday or later.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Willsun on April 18, 2009, 04:37:02 PM
What time is this tourney going to be held? I'm disappointed that I won't be able to make the Third Strike one on Friday, so I hope this is Saturday or later.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11947.0.html

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Quote from: -VIRUS- on April 18, 2009, 01:59:20 PM
well it depend on u guys. if u want that way i can do. but from everything everyone wants 2 out 3. but like i said its up to u guys if u want it.

Two out of three is standard, but it has to be double elim. STHD matches are over so fast that even if you somehow get 64 people, it'll be done in like 4 hours with 2 stations. There's 0 way it should be single elim, BUT if you do single elim it needs to be 3 out of 5.

-VIRUS-

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 19, 2009, 11:05:18 AM
Quote from: -VIRUS- on April 18, 2009, 01:59:20 PM

Two out of three is standard, but it has to be double elim. STHD matches are over so fast that even if you somehow get 64 people, it'll be done in like 4 hours with 2 stations. There's 0 way it should be single elim, BUT if you do single elim it needs to be 3 out of 5.
thank you i'll keep that in mind. :)