Fanime Con 2009 Karaoke Contest Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 10, 2009, 01:25:24 PM

PrincessCake

Quote from: konataFTW on April 19, 2009, 01:02:05 AM
I'm also wondering the same thing since I wanted to sing Life is like a boat D:
isn't that from bleach? I think she sings in both japanese and english. correct me if i'm wrong.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Nina Star 9

Awesome, thanks. :D

I might end up doing Jam Tomorrow after all~

konataFTW

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 20, 2009, 08:10:11 AM
Quote from: konataFTW on April 19, 2009, 01:02:05 AM
I'm also wondering the same thing since I wanted to sing Life is like a boat D:
isn't that from bleach? I think she sings in both japanese and english. correct me if i'm wrong.

yea it is, I was kinda wondering and now it is answered /lol off topic I'm still wearing my Nunnally cosplay XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Super Sheba

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am just bustling with excitement and can't wait to sign up for this contest.  It says on another page that May 2nd is when registration starts, but May 3rd is what another post said.  Can you verify what the correct date is for me?

Also, about how quickly do the spots fill up?  I'm concerned that for some reason I won't be able to get to the computer.

And one last question.  If a song originally has harmonies, but the karaoke version does not, is it okay if I record them in advance and mix them into the track I give to you guys?  Certain songs just don't sound as full if you don't add in the harmonies.

Thanks in advance. :3

konataFTW

ack my friend suddenly changed his mind and want to do a duet with me! that is ok right?

to fit out cosplays, we are doing a Kagamine Duet (undecided song yet) from Vocaloids... Imean voca's are ok right? >///<V sooo excited XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: konataFTW on April 23, 2009, 09:05:01 PM
ack my friend suddenly changed his mind and want to do a duet with me! that is ok right?

to fit out cosplays, we are doing a Kagamine Duet (undecided song yet) from Vocaloids... Imean voca's are ok right? >///<V sooo excited XD

You can't sing vocaloid in this contest. I already asked since there was something I wanted to sing as well by the Vocaloid. But you are welcome to sing it at the Gong Show.

konataFTW

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

PrincessCake

i wonder if they have karaoke versions of
No More Words by Ayumi Hamasaki
Sore ga, Ai Deshou by Mikuni Shimokawa
Kesenai Tsumi by Nana Kitade
Glaring Dream from Gravitation
Super Drive from Gravitation
Sakura Kiss by Chieco Kawabe

cause those are the songs I want to choose from
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Super Sheba

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 25, 2009, 11:14:01 AM

I have the karaoke for Kesenai Tsumi and Sakura Kiss, so if you give me your email address I can send them to you. *nods*

Loco:Neko

If you have an account for Gendou.com you can check there too.  Great site full of nice people.  ^-^

zoupzuop2

This presents a dilemma... I'm the guy that's always done the Eurobeat/Initial D stuff. The songs weren't made JUST for Initial D (with a few exceptions), and they're in English, but... they're still considered integral to the original Initial D experience (I'm gleefully forcing the Tokyopop failure-at-life rap soundtrack out of the picture here, only Eurobeat). They're widely considered THE "Initial D Soundtrack".

Does this still qualify? I'm considering singing songs from Niko and Dave Rodgers for my entries.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

yumicchi88

if the song starts with singer or at the same time, what kind of sign is best to have the song start at when the contestant want it to start?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Hank-KKD

Another round of replies:

Signups start on the night of Sunday, May 3. I'll announce the exact hour by Thursday. The time for online signups to fill up varies by year. Last year, I think it was a few days.

Duets and groups are fine- however you may not change your lineup once the contest starts. Also, everyone in the group must sing- no "backup dancers".

Initial D songs are fine. We've allowed them in the past.

Our songs are listed on anime-karaoke.net- if the "Karaoke" column is marked, then we have the Karaoke version.

You may not mix in your own harmonies- you must either use the karaoke version or the full vocal version.

For songs where the vocal part starts immediately, usually we'll do a "3-2-1-PLAY". However, there can be a lag between the instant Play is pressed and the instant the audio actually starts. Thus, don't worry too much if you don't hit it on the exact millisecond, the judges will be instructed not to penalize for that.

PrincessCake

Quote from: Super Sheba on April 25, 2009, 08:57:58 PM

I have the karaoke for Kesenai Tsumi and Sakura Kiss, so if you give me your email address I can send them to you. *nods*
oh okay lol [email protected]
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: GaleWolf on April 28, 2009, 12:05:57 AM
Another round of replies:

Signups start on the night of Sunday, May 3. I'll announce the exact hour by Thursday. The time for online signups to fill up varies by year. Last year, I think it was a few days.

Duets and groups are fine- however you may not change your lineup once the contest starts. Also, everyone in the group must sing- no "backup dancers".

Initial D songs are fine. We've allowed them in the past.

Our songs are listed on anime-karaoke.net- if the "Karaoke" column is marked, then we have the Karaoke version.

You may not mix in your own harmonies- you must either use the karaoke version or the full vocal version.

For songs where the vocal part starts immediately, usually we'll do a "3-2-1-PLAY". However, there can be a lag between the instant Play is pressed and the instant the audio actually starts. Thus, don't worry too much if you don't hit it on the exact millisecond, the judges will be instructed not to penalize for that.

Just a question I'm not sure If I saw it on the first page. But if we can't find a karaoke version, can we sing over the vocals?
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: Loco:Neko on April 25, 2009, 11:31:40 PM

If you have an account for Gendou.com you can check there too.  Great site full of nice people.  ^-^
yes I have an accounty with them already, but don't you have to buy it? I don't have money or credit card.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Enkai

Unless they've changed it recently, I've never needed to pay to download from Gendou.

PrincessCake

Come by Amuro Namie

So I checked their website, the people are doing the karaoke contest, and a found some songs that they have that are on my list and I shall bold them!!!! I even added new ones lol

But I'll probably end up singing No More Words anyways lol.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

LakuriSyaoran

I have a couple questions.
1. are we allowed to cut a song so it fits 2:30 sec? cause i want to sing Suteki da ne and if i kept it it cuts off about 4 seconds of the last note. am i allowed to cut those off the beginning (which is just the small piano intro) or is there somthing else i can do?

2. lyrics, we are allowed to have them or no? because i'm still a little sketchy on suteki without them ^^;

3. what do you guys think?
I really want to sing 1,000 words for this contest, but since you are not allowed to sing the same song I don't know what to do... because if I go ahead and sing Suteki in the first round and don't get in the finals then i will be sad cause i wanna sing 1,000 words D: but on the other hand, if i do 1,000 for the first round and acctually make it in the second one...I'm not quite as good with the ful version of suteki ^^; what do u think would be better?

Kimiko

We're not allowed to mess with the song at all. But you can let them know when you turn in your music what your cut-off point is.

As for lyrics, you can have them, but it's better NOT to have them in terms of judging, but I've seen plenty of people that bring lyrics up there, so it's fine.
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi