All underage girls...

Started by LastExile, April 12, 2009, 03:46:30 AM

LastExile

I'm 15, and the two, possibly three other people who are coming with me are around my age.
We've booked a hotel room for Saturday and Sunday night, pre-redgistered, the whole schebang.
But we don't have an over/at 18 year old gaurdian staying with us.
My 21 year old cousin will be there, but I don't think she'll be with us for all of the con, and she definitely won't be staying in our hotel room since it's already full.
Do we need a gaurdian for our hotel stay? Or for the rest of the con?

ewu

1) You wont be able to register without the correct form of ID, school IDs will NOT do.

2) you must have someone 18+ check in to your hotel room..
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TC X0 Lt 0X

I feel your pain.
I may not be a underage girl, but I will be exactly 1 month from being 18 during Con Weekend.
As such I have to rely on others to check into the room for me.
Though I did do almost all of getting the room, and am paying for half of it.

As Ewu said =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kyra_Maverick

If you are all under 18, how did you book the hotel room? You'll need the legal age person who booked the hotel room to check in.

LastExile

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 12, 2009, 06:04:34 PM
If you are all under 18, how did you book the hotel room? You'll need the legal age person who booked the hotel room to check in.
My parents helped me book the hotel room online. They're coming in with us to check us in, I was just curious if they had to be with me the entire time.

LastExile

Quote from: ewu on April 12, 2009, 05:03:25 AM
1) You wont be able to register without the correct form of ID, school IDs will NOT do.

2) you must have someone 18+ check in to your hotel room..
Yeah, my parents are checking me in, and we've registered already.

RaddaX2

somehow I thought this thread would be heading in a different direction
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

Kyra_Maverick

Im sure the hotel would require that your parents be there, since the room is in their name. Not to imply that you are reckless or untrustworthy, but for safety or security reasons it would be best if at least one of your parents was there the whole time.

OtakuMessiah

Quote from: RaddaX2 on April 12, 2009, 08:05:30 PM
somehow I thought this thread would be heading in a different direction
Lmao. Your not alone my friend, your not alone..
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

mDuo13

Well, I recommend that you try and act extra-responsible while you're there, but... practically speaking, I think you can get by without your parents being at the con the whole time. Aside from the (often drunken) revelry that occurs, I think the con is a relatively safe place for younger people. Maybe stay out of the late-night dance if you want to avoid trouble? (The tabletop and E-gaming rooms tend to be much more, shall we say, benign, late at night.)

Nyxyin

I would recommend carrying written contact information for your parents somewhere on you that people can easily find.  That way, in case something went drastically wrong and you somehow become unable to tell people how to contact your parents, emergency workers can still contact your parents for you.

ewu

Quote from: mDuo13 on April 12, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
Aside from the (often drunken) revelry that occurs...

1) I didn't read that.....

2) If I see anyone drunk or with alcohol on them I will personally make sure that you are disciplined to the farthest extent. Our convention is a fun and safe convention, and I along with all the staff will keep it so.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

As an older brother and having neices your age going to this Con:

i would kindly ask that you are all responsible for your actions in and around the con at all times.
Technically speaking if the hotel were to find out that parents are leaving several minors unattented in a hotel room without parental supervision  and an "incident" would occur [knock on wood it doesnt]

both the hotel and fanime might be held responsible parties... not to mention all parties [parents and minors] would be in a lot of liability troubles....

please dont avertise to ppl u dont know to follow you back to your room and after all the attention on young children being follow and or exploited this would be a year we wouldnt want any of you or another other attendees female minors or not to get into any serious trouble.

my opinion is that you find a "responsibe adult" to officially supervise you girls at least most of the time while your at con or while come/go from your room.

i know lots of minors like to have as much freedom as you wish, but at the same time we all want everyone to be safe and responsible... 

as for the having a guarding stay with your while staying in the hotel...
[Legally i think] youre suppose to have a guardian with you during the stay and occupancy of the hotel rooms.... 

if they found out otherwise, it might get you girls into unwanted trouble...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on April 13, 2009, 01:44:45 AM
Quote from: mDuo13 on April 12, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
Aside from the (often drunken) revelry that occurs...

1) I didn't read that.....

2) If I see anyone drunk or with alcohol on them I will personally make sure that you are disciplined to the farthest extent. Our convention is a fun and safe convention, and I along with all the staff will keep it so.

Furthest extent of the law.

Several things may apply.

Intoxicated on a public domain.
Endangerment of minors/children.
Violation of FanimeCon Rules -> Expulsion from Convention floor.

Just a few things that came to mind.

Don't bring alcohol to the convention floor or be intoxicated on the convention floor.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

LastExile

Quote from: Jerry on April 13, 2009, 02:18:35 AM
As an older brother and having neices your age going to this Con:

i would kindly ask that you are all responsible for your actions in and around the con at all times.
Technically speaking if the hotel were to find out that parents are leaving several minors unattented in a hotel room without parental supervision  and an "incident" would occur [knock on wood it doesnt]

both the hotel and fanime might be held responsible parties... not to mention all parties [parents and minors] would be in a lot of liability troubles....

please dont avertise to ppl u dont know to follow you back to your room and after all the attention on young children being follow and or exploited this would be a year we wouldnt want any of you or another other attendees female minors or not to get into any serious trouble.

my opinion is that you find a "responsibe adult" to officially supervise you girls at least most of the time while your at con or while come/go from your room.

i know lots of minors like to have as much freedom as you wish, but at the same time we all want everyone to be safe and responsible... 

as for the having a guarding stay with your while staying in the hotel...
[Legally i think] youre suppose to have a guardian with you during the stay and occupancy of the hotel rooms.... 

if they found out otherwise, it might get you girls into unwanted trouble...

We're going to be very careful and quiet. We're not the types to cause any trouble.

One of my cousins, Karly, is working at the convention and is staying in the same hotel, as is another one of my cousins who's 21. They won't be staying in the hotel room, but they'll be watching over us at the con to make sure we don't get into trouble.

narutofan17

Yeah, I can only speak for myself (not underage) and say I will try to be on my best behavior...if I don't run into some of my college buddies. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Mango Bunny

I'd keep your cousin's contact on you too. Juuuuust in case.

And as far as the hotel room... Be careful when you stay out late and go back in a group. If it's a hotel that is joined to the con that's definitely better than walking around the streets at night, but yeah. Even still there are some creepy people. "Want some chips? ...In my roooom? WINKWINK" No, dude. And as far as liability issues... Honestly, it's not likely the hotel will find out. However, sometimes something unexpected can happen... so just be prepared! I'd venture a guess that there are plenty of unaccompanied minors around though... I was once!

LastExile

Quote from: Mango Bunny on April 16, 2009, 09:13:32 PM

And as far as the hotel room... Be careful when you stay out late and go back in a group. If it's a hotel that is joined to the con that's definitely better than walking around the streets at night, but yeah. Even still there are some creepy people. "Want some chips? ...In my roooom? WINKWINK" No, dude. And as far as liability issues... Honestly, it's not likely the hotel will find out. However, sometimes something unexpected can happen... so just be prepared! I'd venture a guess that there are plenty of unaccompanied minors around though... I was once!
Haha I doubt we'll fall for a pedophile, but we'll watch out.
"Hey, want a present? It's in my front pocket. Come get it. Rawarr~"
My cousin's rooms are pretty close to our own, so we should be good. Our hotel is the farthest from the con, the Fairmont, so we probably won't be staying out really late. And we're making sure to stay in our group.

narutofan17

Quote from: LastExile on April 17, 2009, 05:30:23 PM

XD I hope people don't fall for that. But in all seriousness if you are underage it is wise if you stick in groups. Especially if you are a young lady. Be smart stay in packs and you should be ok.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Mango Bunny

Quote from: LastExile on April 17, 2009, 05:30:23 PM

My cousin's rooms are pretty close to our own, so we should be good. Our hotel is the farthest from the con, the Fairmont, so we probably won't be staying out really late. And we're making sure to stay in our group.

Haha, yeah. It's just a fact that there are a few creepy dudes prowlin'. We've never had any major incidents that I know of, but I had to push through some catcalling gangsta' lookin' dudes at 3 am to get to my hotel once. As a girl walking alone, it kinda freaked me out.. even though I was in one of the hotels that are joined to the con. But then again, that wouldn't faze some people. I'm sure you'll all be fine.