unicycle?

Started by luckyends, April 12, 2009, 09:15:20 AM

luckyends

i would like to go as a unicycle ninja but what are the rules on riding unicycles at the con?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

ewu

I am relatively certain that is a no: for the convention in the interest of safety and for the convention center in the interest of their carpets and floors.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nyxyin

I remember reading about this in the 2008 program guide.  Here we go.  It says, "only people with disabilities or prior approval may use personal transportation devices within the convention center and hotels. No skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades."  I'm sure unicycles would fall under that too.  I'm not official, though, so if they're changing it this year, I wouldn't know, but I doubt something like this would change.

Runewitt

what about a person wearing rollerblades without the wheels?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ewu

as with all issues, it will be dealt with on a case by case basis. I strongly recommenced that you do not as we will most likely have you remove them and also yourself, should you choose to walk around barefoot. Again, it is on a case by case basis, but I would not risk it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

Quote from: Runewitt on April 12, 2009, 11:45:52 PM

if i remember correctly roller blades, scooters, and even shoes with the wheels on them are not permitted on the concourse or convention center grounds.

as is also NOT permitted to be bare foot.

rules are rules ppl.

please understand theyre part of the convention center / hotel regulations and we have to enforce their safety policies.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Nyxyin

Quote from: Runewitt on April 12, 2009, 11:45:52 PM
The policy doesn't say anything about wheels.  Even without wheels, rollerblades can still qualify as "personal transportation devices" if Fanime decides to call it that.  The phrase seems rather vague and open to interpretation.

ewu

seriously, the hotels and convention center may get displeased and not allow us to return.

you may ask, over a little thing like this? well these infractions add up. lets not let them....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom