Game of CLUE, but anime style?

Started by Supershoe, April 14, 2009, 11:58:38 PM

Supershoe

I'm going out on a limb here, but is anyone doing anything like the game CLUE? If not, I was thinking I should do something like it, but with anime characters. Someone gets killed, we put clues in places so people can find them (the clues are basically riddles of the anime character that either did or didn't do it), then when the person gathers enough evidence, shows it in a flashy manner to everyone, then if they guess who killed who they win a prize. Am I being original here? Or is anybody else doing this?

Chun

It sounds particularly interesting, but it seems like something that really would only be covered with a handful of people rather than a general convention event; in terms of size and scale. But Clue is a pretty entertaining game, and maybe Tabletop will have it.

Quote from: Other ThreadYou just gave me a great idea! If you got a complete different idea already then please let me know so I can use this. It will be like the game CLUE, you can have 8 different people be some fictional character, 1 of those characters is the murder to someone or something, then you place clues around the whole hotel or the panel room, then when the person guesses who the murder is, they win a prize!

The big thing there is Hotel security. Leaving things in random areas in a hotel (Bags, Tools, anything really) could be a threat to the safety of the people living there. Again, I think it's really only viable in a small household.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

AnimeEmperor

Also if I see a nice shiny candlestick just laying on the floor all by it's lonesome......someone's taking it. The mystery will never be solved. We'll accuse Jerry and he'll be sent away for 20 years before anyone re-opens the case....how sad....

Supershoe

But instead of just leaving bags or items that impose threats, what about pieces of paper that are colored so people know that it's a clue?
Also, for the size issue, trying to work that out.

Kava

Actually, I think something someone mentioned at one of the programming meetings would work best. Only, they were talking about 'quests'. But the idea is that 'clues' or 'quests' would be left with specific individuals... certain staff members, certain cosplayers, and then to further their goal the attendee would need to find the next individual who had a clue or quest, etc.

Since the clues would be with people, and not left lying randomly around the con center, there wouldn't be any issues of the type y'all have been discussing.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels