Dude, I'm not cosplaying. Don't take my picture.

Started by Mango Bunny, April 16, 2009, 09:26:21 PM

Liquid

Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Mango Bunny

Quote from: Jerry on April 17, 2009, 09:31:37 AM
...and keep moving

you'll blur their pictures if you keep in motion and they can get you into focus... well... unless they have a high speed lens on your their camera :P

...That's a good idea. Damn, you win.

narutofan17

Move in the shadow and you will not be seen by the creepy guys taking pictures. lol
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

PyronIkari

Quote from: narutofan17 on April 17, 2009, 05:51:00 PM
Move in the shadow and you will not be seen by the creepy guys taking pictures. lol

Like the person who made this post lololol...

Anyways. It's an anime con, there's pathetic people. The same kind of people that will randomly ask you for hugs. The kind that wear "glomp me" shirts and signs?

The kind of people posting in this thread... yay.

BumbleB

I would NEVER wear a GLOMP ME sign. I'm only 5 ft tall!!! If any tries to take your picture, like every one says, KEEP WALKING. Or if you have a hood or a cool hat. Wear it. If this keeps happening tell the security. If they ask for a glomp or try to glomp you, go to a safe place (ie bathroom) and tell someone immediatly.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

PyronIkari

Quote from: BumbleB on April 17, 2009, 09:39:54 PM
I would NEVER wear a GLOMP ME sign. I'm only 5 ft tall!!! If any tries to take your picture, like every one says, KEEP WALKING. Or if you have a hood or a cool hat. Wear it. If this keeps happening tell the security. If they ask for a glomp or try to glomp you, go to a safe place (ie bathroom) and tell someone immediatly.

Wait huh?

You can't tell security because someone is asking to take your picture. Just like you can't tell security if someone takes your picture without permission, as much as you may not like it, they have every right to do so. You have to be young... you sound like you're repeating something parents tell their kids about strangers.

Realistically, you can't do crap. Just leave and continue on wherever you were going. ONLY IF HE CONTINUES TO FOLLOW YOU, can you do something. And really, that something isn't much, security would just tell him to stop following you. If it gets worse, then you can do something if he's totally stalking you. Chances are, that won't happen... the person will more than likely just ask some other girl, because frankly, you're not special and he doesn't care who it is.

BumbleB

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 17, 2009, 10:27:18 PM

Wait huh?

You can't tell security because someone is asking to take your picture. Just like you can't tell security if someone takes your picture without permission, as much as you may not like it, they have every right to do so. You have to be young... you sound like you're repeating something parents tell their kids about strangers.

Realistically, you can't do crap. Just leave and continue on wherever you were going. ONLY IF HE CONTINUES TO FOLLOW YOU, can you do something. And really, that something isn't much, security would just tell him to stop following you. If it gets worse, then you can do something if he's totally stalking you. Chances are, that won't happen... the person will more than likely just ask some other girl, because frankly, you're not special and he doesn't care who it is.
How young?
Yes I can go to Fanime!

OtakuMessiah

Wait huh?

True and true.
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

Jerry

Quote from: BumbleB on April 17, 2009, 10:31:38 PM

Wait huh?

How young?

anything < 18 duh.

its harassment regardless...

again, tell them no and keep moving.

in other words DONT give them a good opportunity to have them take a picture of you period.

again Pyron is right, if u truly feel as if your being stalked or the same dude with a camera seems to be in the corner of your eye or you feel the creed shudder from that sweaty fat guy behind that pillar... seriously call us [staff / Rovers ] and we'll take care of you.

boys or girls again we want to promote a fun and mostly safe [withing reasonable means] Con.

Enjoy and game on your fandom.
word.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: BumbleB on April 17, 2009, 10:31:38 PM
How young?

... That was a statment concerning you, not a statment concerning legal age regarding the capabilities of taking action...

Which just strengthens my comment of...

"You have to be young" to not understand the context of what was written. And in Jerry's place, he's just stupid.

BumbleB

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Mango Bunny

Dude, stalking is intense. Of course you need to get more help if you're being harassed, but I simply meant "How I can I tell creepy dudes to step off without being a big biznatch?"

BumbleB

Just tell them "If I don't know you and/or feel comfortable why are you pressuring me." "My wishes are my wishes, no pictures."

Speaking of cosplay, I'm going as Misa to go see a movie! (Hannah Montana  :P I hate her) Why I'm going, don't ask.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

PrincessCake

some people like taking pictures even if you aren't cosplaying a certain character. people that just dress up like their pictures taken. Don't get offensive. Just let people know your are just their for fun not for pictures and things.

But anyone who dresses up will more than likey get their picture taken.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

BumbleB

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 20, 2009, 08:24:23 AM
some people like taking pictures even if you aren't cosplaying a certain character. people that just dress up like their pictures taken. Don't get offensive. Just let people know your are just their for fun not for pictures and things.

But anyone who dresses up will more than likey get their picture taken.
That reminds me about one time when I was at Sac Con. Some girls asked this guy (he had a  White shirt and jeans ) they were all like " L can I have a hug?" HE WASN'T EVEN COSPLAYING!
(this is L if you don't know what Death Note is)

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Runewitt

they did the same thing to me at TnT. i was working reg and the whie shirt was the only clean one i had left. i dont look anything like L, and i had a lot of people asking to take my picture.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BumbleB

Quote from: Runewitt on April 20, 2009, 09:39:34 PM
they did the same thing to me at TnT. i was working reg and the whie shirt was the only clean one i had left. i dont look anything like L, and i had a lot of people asking to take my picture.
LOL. ;D
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Runewitt

if i hadnt cut my hair, i'd dye it black and do a faiL cosplay this year.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

TC X0 Lt 0X

And yet my friend was shocked that I did not recognize him as L when he Cosplayed as him...
But L is pretty easy to Coseplay.
My Halloween Costume at School 2 years back =P

EDIT:
Quote from: BumbleB on April 20, 2009, 09:20:28 PM
I'm suddenly reminded of Crape Trucks.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

... I don't even take pictures of Death Note cosplayers anymore, unless they're the Shinigami and it's actually really awesome-looking.
Same thing with Naruto and Bleach cosplayers, too. o.0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook