When do I pick up my badge?

Started by Raulst, April 16, 2009, 10:17:03 PM

Raulst

Hey all, sorry if this question has already been answered, but I'm still unclear about when and how we pick up our badges for FanimeCon. If I am correct, I did not pre-register (that means registering at the last convention, right?), but I did early registration.

Roguethe

You can pick yours up Friday as an Early-Reg.
Thursday is only for Pre-Reg.
You sign in on the first floor of the convention center. You'll see the line, it's pretty obvious.
You'll need your I.D. And I beleive a print out of your registration.
Check on the Fanime website for clarification.

I draw sometimessss

SOawesomeness

You'll be able to pick it up at set times which will be posted on the website closer to Fanime, so keep checking.

And you will need a valid ID as per the FAQ, along with the printed out confirmation of your registration as Rogue-Ayanami stated. ^^
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

GokuMew2

Don't quote me on it, but iirc, early reg would make you eligible to pick up your badge on Thursday with the pre-reg folks. Wasn't that like, the point of early regging?
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Runewitt

Quote from: GokuMew2 on April 17, 2009, 12:04:15 AM
Don't quote me on it, but iirc, early reg would make you eligible to pick up your badge on Thursday with the pre-reg folks. Wasn't that like, the point of early regging?
wasnt the only difference between pre and early reg a cut off date, and after that date you didnt get a laminated badge? anyone registering before the con can pick up their badge thursday
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ewu

early reg pickup starts on friday morning. thursday afternoon is reserved for pre reg.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

If you registered and paid before March 31st, then you should count at 'Pre-Registered'. If you registered any time after that up until the convention then you are qualified as 'Early Registration'.

Pre-Registration can pick up their badge on Thursday before con as an added bonus. If you are an Early Registration then you can pick up your badge starting Friday morning. The exact times haven't been listed, but I remember it being around 8:00am last year.

I believe the reason you cant pick up Early Registration on Thursday is because the badges haven't been printed yet. Pre-Registration gets you a laminated badge, unlike the Early Registration which gets paper badges in a plastic sleeve.