I can't go! DX
1 (1.3%)
No panic MUST MAKE COSTUMES
12 (16%)
Bleah same old same old
3 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

billgoku

Yeah I'm hogging all the hours I can at work, its a good thing I work in a tipped position because that's where all my savings come from. Other than that, yeah, I'm freaking shaking with excitement.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

narutofan17

Quote from: Jerry on April 24, 2009, 12:36:34 PM
less than 4 weeks ppl.

im guessing its crunch time for money making, working out for cosplay bodies, and making costume.

sorta should be a documentary.

28 days before... [Fanime] :P
I'm doing a all the above. In some cased doing some at the same time. I'm working and also working ob my hammer for my King Dee Dee Dee costume (I have a really cool boss)
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

o_o am I excited? 0_0 AM I EXCITED!
NO!
Im extatic! :o I can't wait. Gonna meet people, gonna ditch my friends to meet people, YEAH! XD
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

BumbleB

Quote from: Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi on April 29, 2009, 05:31:40 PM
o_o am I excited? 0_0 AM I EXCITED!
NO!
Im extatic! :o I can't wait. Gonna meet people, gonna ditch my friends to meet people, YEAH! XD
None of my friends are coming . :'(
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

kollunz

I looked at my calender this morning and I dropped my fork. 3 more weeks ....
doot

BumbleB

Quote from: kollunz on April 29, 2009, 06:36:47 PM
I looked at my calender this morning and I dropped my fork. 3 more weeks ....
GAH!!!! I can't work on my cosplay next week because of testing!!!! Oh wait, no homework. I CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT!!!!
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Runewitt

im looking up pinatas at party stores.. also, i need to get pants.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BumbleB

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Runewitt

i found some.. kinda close to what i want/need, plan on running down to walmart tomorrow. its right across from the party store with pinatas..

XpHoBiaX

I am excited...but I never got to my costume this year. *sad* Oh well!

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Shinsengumi

I just hope I have enough money to go since it's hard to make money now. I'm some what ready for fanime.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

XpHoBiaX

Yeah, I don't have money either. lol I never do. But I am satisfied with just looking and seeing new things. One day I'll have cash to spend. I gather business cards though.

2010 cosplay...?

Junon

Been going since it started in Hayward, CA.

I am a bit excited but not as much as I used to be when I started attending FanimeCon. I have to admit, I am not a fan of anime (I don't dislike it). But I found that there are many non-anime related things to do at FanimeCon or in San Jose during that weekend. One of the most important reasons for me to be there is that (including myself) my friends, all of them, actually have the entire weekend off. It's the only time we have a coordinated weekend off for us to hang out. Since some of my friends live close to San Jose, we've chosen to use FanimeCon as a hang out spot for us. Despite having full weekend passes and a hotel room for 3 nights, we often go to other places in San Jose. Movie theaters, night clubs, etc. Sometimes we remain in the hotel room to play some X360 or watch DVDs, use laptops for Youtube or just get drunk.

So I am excited about being with my friends all in one spot.

What has changed the past few years is that my friends and I started doing the cosplay thing. Ever since we stormed in as Pirates back in 2007, we've felt it was now necessary to attend being part of the event rather than being a spectator. In turn it added the stress of building the costumes or spending a lot of money to get the quality you want. This year we're doing what we did last year (Metal), only we've just upgraded what we have now. I spent like $600 last year on pieces which I built into a costume. This year, spent maybe $200 just to upgrade it. Not fun having to spend a lot, but it was needed otherwise I'd go to the con as an unhappy camper.

So I am not too excited in the last minute cosplay work I need to do.

And of course there is the girlfriend difference. Normally we'd (the guys) go by ourselves. Everyone would ditch their wives or girlfriends for the weekend while they hang out with the guys. I never actually had a GF during a FanimeCon weekend which made me the only single guy of our group. So it was a bit exciting going to scope out the fangirls. ;) I've had many-many post-con encounters with girls and some which I've even dated, so why wouldn't that be exciting for a single guy? Well now, I have a GF (and happily so) and she and her girl-friends are coming to the con with us, and are going to dress the part matching our own costumes (for more impressive group shots). So in a way one aspect of excitement is gone. However it may create a new one with her being there. This time, I'm the only one in the group who ISN'T single while all my friends are and I think it'll be somewhat interesting to see how the guys and the girls I'm going with (all of which are strangers to each other) will interact with each other.

THAT could be an exciting Fanime. =p

namineartbook

Definately excited for Fanime, but there's so many things left to do. T.T Such as finish cosplay and earn more money at work. And also Swine Flu scare is definately worrying me. But other than that, I'm more than excited. ^.^

SimaSeph

AHHHH!! Just found out today that my boss approved vacation time! I can finally be fully excited because I know I'm going for sure! Now I just need to make a few adjustments to my costume and make sure my wig stays in pristine condition...
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

kaizoku

yes but unfortunately im living in florida for school. ill definetely go to 2010 though. no good cons down here in orlando.

XpHoBiaX

Junon:

I know what you mean! I am so bummed becuase the materials I need for my costume are expensive...and I don't make enough from tattooing @_@ I lost my job in 2007 and its been aweful trying to get back into the work force with a minor handicap. I wanted to do a pirate... lol and steampunk....but most of my stuff is packed away *again* cuz I am moving *again*. lol

I go to fanime to see my friends who are all far away. It's wonderful to see them, and I just got into the cosplay scene too. But not anime. I am doing Predator. Although this year the Pred has to sit at home until she's finished. But once I am done with the whole suit...I'll be set for years to come.

2010 cosplay...?

BumbleB

Quote from: kaizoku on April 30, 2009, 10:47:30 PM
yes but unfortunately im living in florida for school. ill definetely go to 2010 though. no good cons down here in orlando.
There is always JACON http://www.jacon.org/ THEIR FINAL YEAR!!!
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Runewitt

i was supposed to go to the fabric store to get canvas for koga's bag, but i got a call to go to Sf today.. i went to SF today..

SOawesomeness

Rawrrrrrr... I just remembered that I need to find my costume...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook