12 (16%)
Bleah same old same old
3 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Runewitt

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on April 19, 2009, 05:34:19 PM
Quote from: Runewitt on April 19, 2009, 05:27:53 PM
i just put in for time off for fanime
I put in for time off for Fanime, months ago. I like to plan things ahead of time.
there are some limits at my job. if you put in for something too soon, they'll forget or loose the paperwork.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

MikoChika

one good thing about working at a family runned ( not my family) pizza joint is the boss is extremly easy going when it comes to takeing time off. Wanna week off? okay. He always says he'll figure out a way to cover my shifts. However there is only one other person doing the same sort of job im doing. so i kinda screwed that guy over, but thats what happens then they desided to have two people doing a three person job. And i'm the better of the two workers, so my boss is really gonna miss me. Maybe when i get back from fanime, he'll finally give me that raise i've been asking for...
But yes. im really excited for Fanime!!
Please, don't feed the moogle.

Mango Bunny

They don't let ANYONE go at my work during grad weekend. I'm going to have to call around all the other stores in the area and talk to the store managers about getting a replacement. I was basically just told 'no'

Nina Star 9

I'm almost to cosplay panic mode right about now... but first I have homework panic mode and then finals panic mode to get through. Thankfully school ends before the con so I'll have some time to get in some last-minute sewing, but I still need to keep working!

...thankfully everything but my shoulderpads and helmet are fairly easy to sew (oh, and a vinyl coat where everything is topstitched, but shh~ who cares about that little detail?), and I have an entire costume that will take me about a day (minus the skates... oh no those skates...)

...maybe I should get into cosplay panic mode sooner... XD

konataFTW

definately... but somehow while making crazy cosplays I become insane >_<
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Runewitt on April 19, 2009, 05:39:37 PM
Quote from: Dragon Ninja on April 19, 2009, 05:34:19 PM
I put in for time off for Fanime, months ago. I like to plan things ahead of time.
there are some limits at my job. if you put in for something too soon, they'll forget or loose the paperwork.
They do that at my job a lot too. I request Fanime off in January and make a copy of my request form after I get my manager to sign it. Then if they say they lost the paper work, I can just whip out my copy and demand my day off. Also, Memorial Day weekend is whats called a black out holiday where no one is supposed to request the day off. But since its a different day every year, if you request it early enough no one realizes what day it is until that month. At which point there's nothing they can do about it since I got it approved 4 months ago.

I'm also the only one that does my job, and when I take a day off they have to get someone else to cover for me. Unfortunately the one that usually covers for me also got that weekend off. Meaning I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do when I get back. 

Haruka

Quote from: Runewitt on April 16, 2009, 11:59:22 PM
its my chance to get away!!!! fanime is my yearly vacation and chance to.. have fun.

FREEDOM!!! i can't wait.

Serious!  Ditto!  Only this year, it's my chance to forget how miserable, broke and unemployed I am.

...weak...
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

PrincessCake

i'm very excited! This is my first time going to fanime!
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

abcbadcat

I'm pretty excited

Fanime is the day I graduate from community college and starts my summer vacation

so I am pretty excited and I had fun last year but I want to meet more people this year and go to more events instead of just wandering around for hours and finding things to do... even though that is fun too.

kgHapa

Yesterday got me pretty excited actually (the cherry blossom festival) so what can I say, Im pumped. Hopefully I'll have the balls to ride my motorcycle over 17 to san jose hahaha, eh but after that damn accident...shudder  :P ;D

Jerry

Quote from: Atlus on April 20, 2009, 09:33:51 AM
Yesterday got me pretty excited actually (the cherry blossom festival) so what can I say, Im pumped. Hopefully I'll have the balls to ride my motorcycle over 17 to san jose hahaha, eh but after that damn accident...shudder  :P ;D

yah, safety first. We'd like to see ya @ Fanime.

about 33 days- ish and counting.

Woot.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Guise

I'm highly excited cos Fanime comes in the middle of a two week vacation to see friends. It's my first Fanime and first time travelling on my own outside own country! Really looking forward to the whole thing!!

Jerry

Quote from: Guise on April 20, 2009, 12:22:25 PM
I'm highly excited cos Fanime comes in the middle of a two week vacation to see friends. It's my first Fanime and first time travelling on my own outside own country! Really looking forward to the whole thing!!

Outside of the country? Wow, where do you hail from stranger from another land? :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Guise

Quote from: Jerry on April 20, 2009, 12:36:08 PM

Outside of the country? Wow, where do you hail from stranger from another land? :)

England. It's only a teeny-tiny bit away. ^^;;

Lordsnow

THAT THAR is how you know fanime is the best. We get people from oversees coming to California and fanime. *ignores other foreign visitors to other anime cons*
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Liquid

I thought getting people from out of the Nor Cal area was epic.... but I'm slowly learning that people come from other states too....and now countries!
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

BumbleB

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 20, 2009, 08:27:25 AM

My first time going too!!!
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

BumbleB

Quote from: Guise on April 20, 2009, 12:45:04 PM

WOW England to California. A shorter trip would be to Anime Boston... BUT YAY!! FANIME FTW! ;D
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

vash9898

Quote from: BumbleB on April 20, 2009, 05:26:11 PM
Quote from: PrincessCake on April 20, 2009, 08:27:25 AM

My first time going too!!!

same here!!!! :3

cant wait!!!!!

Guise

Quote from: BumbleB on April 20, 2009, 05:28:03 PM
Quote from: Guise on April 20, 2009, 12:45:04 PM

WOW England to California. A shorter trip would be to Anime Boston... BUT YAY!! FANIME FTW! ;D

I'm sure I saw elsewhere on the boards that there were a few other europeans heading to Fanime, some even further afield I reckon, but yeah...it had to be Cali, everyone knows thats where all the coolest fans gather for their cons.