Convince the parents?

Started by Bai-MeiEr, April 17, 2009, 04:29:26 PM

Bai-MeiEr

Thanks to all again for the great advice! It's really helping me and my morale to have an idea of what I want to approach my mom with. She's out on a trip right now, but she's coming back around May 17th and I plan to ask her then, so that she isn't busy with her trip and all. Shaving it really close to Fanime time, I know. ><

Big thanks to Jerry for letting me know about the workshop panel thing; I'll definitely look into it.
I'd rather be a could-be than an are,
Because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far,
Because a might-have-been has never been,
But a has-been was once an are.

PyronIkari

Quote from: BumbleB on April 18, 2009, 03:15:14 PM
@ jerry THANK  YOU!!! Thanks for posting this. I need to get my mom to see this. She always stares at me funny when I write names in my *Death Note*, or even put a new poster on my wall.

>> And example of parents being right about anime.

You realize even if it's "just a joke" the whole writing names in a fictitious death note is still considered threats and wishing death upon someone right? As stupid as you make think it is, this is actual grounds for suspension from school and actual counseling being needed.

You're basically stating to the world "I want x person to die". Not out of rage or anger, but stating it and meaning it. Which is completely different than just saying it out of rage, because this is evident and everlasting.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 19, 2009, 11:09:38 AM
@ jerry THANK  YOU!!! Thanks for posting this. I need to get my mom to see this. She always stares at me funny when I write names in my *Death Note*, or even put a new poster on my wall.

>> And example of parents being right about anime.

You realize even if it's "just a joke" the whole writing names in a fictitious death note is still considered threats and wishing death upon someone right? As stupid as you make think it is, this is actual grounds for suspension from school and actual counseling being needed.

Some things are silly like that.

QuoteYou're basically stating to the world "I want x person to die". Not out of rage or anger, but stating it and meaning it. Which is completely different than just saying it out of rage, because this is evident and everlasting.

Unless you burn it >=D

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: BumbleB on April 18, 2009, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 18, 2009, 05:08:22 PM
Personally, I'd give you strange looks or stares is I saw you had made your own Death Note and were names down in it. Thats taking the fandom a bit far for me.
I don't do the whole "dramatic" thing with my notebook. My mom just stares at it because it says "Death" on it.
What do you mean by "the whole dramatic thing"? If you're using it as a regular school note book that's one thing, but to actually write names down in it is completely different. If your mom knew what the Death Note was, I'm sure she'd give you more then just a few strange looks.

Just because you don't go into seizures of ecstasy when you write names and scenarios in it doesn't mean others won't find it dramatic.   

BumbleB

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 19, 2009, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: BumbleB on April 18, 2009, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 18, 2009, 05:08:22 PM
Personally, I'd give you strange looks or stares is I saw you had made your own Death Note and were names down in it. Thats taking the fandom a bit far for me.
I don't do the whole "dramatic" thing with my notebook. My mom just stares at it because it says "Death" on it.
What do you mean by "the whole dramatic thing"? If you're using it as a regular school note book that's one thing, but to actually write names down in it is completely different. If your mom knew what the Death Note was, I'm sure she'd give you more then just a few strange looks.

Just because you don't go into seizures of ecstasy when you write names and scenarios in it doesn't mean others won't find it dramatic.  
THE WHOLE STORY! When I cosplayed as Misa Amane, I had my Death Note w/ me and to be funny I wrote
Hannah Montana's name in it to be funny. OK? I don't write names on a regular basis. Most of the time I use it for a prop and write random things in it, like LightxMisa 4ever when I cosplay Misa.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*