Will there be more musicians coming for MusicFest?

Started by michimichu, April 21, 2009, 04:39:27 PM

tenton

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 12, 2009, 03:28:33 PM
But anyway, they both cater to different genres and fandoms. There ARE fans of Momoi, and they're undeniably passionate, and many of them, VERY VERY loyal fans. Even if they're not present on this forums, within their own communities (which I am a part of), many people are extremely excited and going through much preparation to travel to Fanime just to see Momoi.

Very well said, Jun-Watarase.

We should remember this is Fanime. They're bringing over an anime musician and personality. I don't think it's been specifically mentioned here, but she's also bringing her live band with her. I thought I was going to have to fly to Japan to get to see that. This is quite a special treat (thanks to Fanime staff for getting the band, too!), a once in a lifetime type of event (IMO).

For those not really jazzed about the music line-up, that's cool. Different strokes for different folks. I will say that Momoi's concerts are highly energetic and a lot of fun. One of the concerts I've been to, one of the guys behind me (who might not have known what to expect) exclaimed, "That was so awesome" after the concert was over. I'm obviously going to be biased, but I think it'll be a great time for those who know who she is and are fans and for those who might not know who she is, but are curious.

For those planning on coming to the concert, I hope I see you there. For those not planning on coming, have a great time at Fanime.

Nina Star 9

I had never heard of Momoi before (but I'm also not a fan of that genre and don't like anime...), and I listened to several of her songs, all of which I disliked. Despite this, I was planning on coming to Musicfest to see her because even though I don't like that genre of music it sounds like an insane amount of fun. I was starting to look forward to it.

...Then I found out that it was the same night as the B&W Ball. If Musicfest were on a different night, I would totally be there, but the B&W Ball is more important to me.

I think that all the complaints about the choice of guests sounds like whining that you didn't get the same basic genre -again-. I'm glad that things are being changed up, and I understand how much hard work has been put into this, especially for such a big star (that I had never heard of, haha). I'm hoping for an even wider selection of genres and styles in the future.

yumicchi88

I am actually excited that Momoi-chan is coming to fanime!

I am currently watching "Seto no Hanayome" (with her as main character San's voice) and i am very happy about this!
I like the opening theme of the anime which she sings, so I am very excited to see her!!

Last year, I didn't feel the interest in Musicfest compared to 3 4 years ago. But that's just my opinion and you can't deny the fact that there are fans of these bands out there.
I am very happy that staff worked so hard to bring Momoi-chan to fanime in this economic depression we are in.

I can't wait to meet her and hear her sing!!!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Long

Same as Faye  (Nina) said, I'm not interested in that genre of music at all, and it's not so much that I've never heard of MOMOI. I could care less how popular a band is, and only give preference to whether or not I like the music. I would attend MF this year regardless just for the concert atmosphere, but since B&W ball is being held on the same night, and it seems to me, much much more effort is being put into the B&W ball than Music Fest this year, I plan to attend B&W ball.

It's nice that you're trying something new, but this has probably been one of the most focused MF's I've ever seen. There's very little variety in the genre. At least in previous years, you provided a range of genre's so even if someone wasn't fairly interested in one genre, they would stick around to hear another band. i.e. That year with Swinging Popsicle w/ mothercoat, etc. A ton of different sounds were playing then, but with only three bands, (scratch that, two bands - The other one was removed from the list for some reason) it seems you guys only want to focus on one genre that doesn't appeal to everyone.

This is just my input, and I don't mean to offend anyone, besides which, I'm not saying any of the bands are bad, or that MF staff did a bad job. Just a suggestion to expand the variety next year.

darkknightcecil

welll
im happy
about
music fest
HAHA
lots of interesting folks.

Kimiko

Aw, I was sad I couldn't make musicfest. I had no idea it was on Sunday. On the little mini program guide, the day and time wasn't listed at all. I looked it over multiple times, maybe I missed it, but I had a few other people check as well and no one could find it. Oh well, maybe next year! I was hoping it was on Saturday though lol.
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

elley

I made it to Halko Momoi's concert. I missed the earlier one. I have to say I enjoyed her performance a lot. She had a lot of energy and was really fun to watch. Plus, her style was more to my liking than last year, although I liked last year's guests too. Anyway, this year's guest was a winner for me.

I also loved that she came out in cosplay on Saturday to meet everyone and take pics too! She was really cute in person.