HUGE Problem... Urgent, please help!

Started by kachiechan, April 23, 2009, 08:25:54 PM

kachiechan

Okay, so I am sort of in some trouble.

We decided a little last minute that we wanted to stay for the last day of Fanime, and figured we could just extend our booking by one day at Fairmont.

Unfortunately, we were just placed on a huge waiting list so it's very, very unlikely we will be able to stay till the 26th.

The problem with this is, if we want to enjoy the convention on the 25th, we need some place to store our luggage since check out time is 12:00.

Is there a place we can safely store our luggage until our train comes at 10:30 - 11:00 PM? Maybe a nice person will let us use their room as storage just for the day?

Please help us. We really can't pull our luggage around the convention all day. Does anyone have any solutions?

ewu

depending on the hotel you stay in you can leave your bags with their bag check. Feel free to call the hotel and ask if they offer that.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

kachiechan

Really? What is that called?

I am staying at Fairmont, if that helps.

ewu

i am very certain that the Fairmont has a bag check...it is for those that arrive before check in and people like you that leave AFTER check out. Call them and confirm that they have it as well as the procedure, which may be as easy as talking to the bell man, leaving you stuff with them, and retrieving you bags when you leave. Tipping is cool too....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Lucifargundam

I'll hold onto your bags. I'd have the only key and i'd be spending 18hrs a day at the con so you would have to either hang with me, txt me, or something like that if you wanted to get ur bags back.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

kuroi

The Fairmont most definitely has a bag check. If you ask them to hold your bags at the concierge, they will tag the bags and take them to a back room, give you a slip of paper that identifies you as the bag's owner, and you are free to go off the rest of the day without worrying about it. It should be complimentary, but tipping is always nice.

On Monday, the lobbies of the hotels are always a mess of people trying to store their bags, as check-outs are either 11AM or noon, but if it's the day before, you really shouldn't have a problem.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though