I'm in despair!!! - Anyone from San Jose

Started by Gekido 87, April 25, 2009, 04:20:07 AM

Gekido 87

Only 28 days left untill Fanimecon 09'. My heart rate keeps increasingthe days move slowly, I can't take it. I'm in despair! :o

Ohayu Gozaimasu

My nickname is Gekido, is there anyone from San Jose? Well I am, I just live 10mins by car away from the convention, LOL. Would anyone want to have a get together during Fanimecon? I find that having a group is alot funner then being a pair.
;D
I'm in Despair!

Kikkoman

*raises hand* sure, I go to SJSU, which is like a 10min walk away too.

lunarknight

Kikkoman

Hey Lunar, do you use any messengers? We can get more discussed there.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jidai Geki

Gekido 87, I was born here... and for a city that's hosting the event, I expected more posts from San Jose.   I guess that explains why so few cosplayers showed up at the last festival in San Jose Nihonmachi.

Gekido 87

Quote from: Jidai Geki on May 02, 2009, 08:28:13 AM
Gekido 87, I was born here... and for a city that's hosting the event, I expected more posts from San Jose.   I guess that explains why so few cosplayers showed up at the last festival in San Jose Nihonmachi.

Or maybe they dont know this site yet.  :-\ It is wierd there's not that many people.
I'm in Despair!

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Zero_Kirby

abcbadcat

I live about 10 minutes away from SJSU :D

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 02, 2009, 09:33:00 AM
Quote from: Jidai Geki on May 02, 2009, 08:28:13 AM

Or maybe they dont know this site yet.  :-\ It is wierd there's not that many people.

I find it unusual, because San Jose Japantown has been there for 100+ years and many still don't know it's there.  The Nikkei Matsuri celebrated it's 32nd festival... You'd think that after 32 festivals people would know by now...  How many of you know about Bon Odori that's coming up (free dance lessons in the 2-weeks before) or even the Spirit of Japantown Festival (SJ Japantown's Largest Event)?  Please support your local Japantown when you can... Just by you showing up/visiting is support in its self.

Oh, forgot:
15min by car
25min by friends car (Drives slower than me.)
40min by bike
1Hr. 10min by VTA

abcbadcat

I usually go to OBon and Spirit every year

I am pretty dissapointed that Far Out Toys is gone but the festivals are fun

Gekido 87

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 03, 2009, 12:48:23 PM

I miss far out toys :'( I go there 4 times a month before.
I'm in Despair!

abcbadcat

Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 03, 2009, 01:15:45 PM

I was pretty good friends with Izzy and I used to chill there quite a bit and I didn't go for a while because of school then one day it was gone and I haven't been able to contact him since

:<

Jidai Geki

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 03, 2009, 01:32:53 PM

I was pretty good friends with Izzy and I used to chill there quite a bit and I didn't go for a while because of school then one day it was gone and I haven't been able to contact him since

abcbadcat and Gekido 87 thanks for supporting San Jose Japantown and I hope you continue to do so... Even if Far Out Toys is gone (RIP May 4th, 2003 - January 10th 2009).  Cosplay is about how it makes you feel... You feel good, you do good things... When you do it for a community, you feel even better knowing it's for a purpose.  That's why I dressed up last Sun. as a ronin.  People smile... people took photo... people now have memories that they can share.  Hopefully, they will return for future festivals and hopefully there will be more cosplayers.

abcbadcat

Quote from: Jidai Geki on May 03, 2009, 03:36:49 PM

abcbadcat and Gekido 87 thanks for supporting San Jose Japantown and I hope you continue to do so... Even if Far Out Toys is gone (RIP May 4th, 2003 - January 10th 2009).  Cosplay is about how it makes you feel... You feel good, you do good things... When you do it for a community, you feel even better knowing it's for a purpose.  That's why I dressed up last Sun. as a ronin.  People smile... people took photo... people now have memories that they can share.  Hopefully, they will return for future festivals and hopefully there will be more cosplayers.

I don't cosplay ever (I was thinking of doing a Pokemon Gijinka but funds are gonna be tight this year so I decided to pass on it) but a few years ago I did put on the giant Hello Kitty costume during one of the festivals.

Gekido 87

Izzy's cool, he sold me an airsoft blowback Deagle for $200 while some places it cost more then $275, it was the best hookup I got. In japantown they got this really good shushi joint called "Kaita," it's the best shushi I ever had :D
I'm in Despair!

abcbadcat

Quote from: Gekido 87 on May 03, 2009, 05:12:41 PM

Izzy's cool, he sold me an airsoft blowback Deagle for $200 while some places it cost more then $275, it was the best hookup I got. In japantown they got this really good shushi joint called "Kaita," it's the best shushi I ever had :D

I usually go to Sushi Factory if I want really good sushi (best I've ever had)

lunarknight

I usually visit the market there when I want sweet crackers or need ingredients for something I'm making.

HentaiTentacleDemon

I go to SJSU. I'll be spending most of my time in the arcade though.