Ticket Questions, please help =(

Started by NubeFan, April 25, 2009, 09:48:38 PM

NubeFan

Hey, I'm new to the whole convention thing and I'm pretty much clueless to how it works...  I'm going to the FanimeCon at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose on 5/23 and I have a couple questions about the tickets:

1) Can I buy a ticket at the door?
   a. Are there separate tickets for one day and the entire weekend?
   b. How much are they?
   c. Where at the Convention do I buy it?

2) If I buy a ticket online before I go, where should I buy it?
   a. Is it cheaper to buy now?

Kyra_Maverick

You don't buy a ticket so much as you register to attend. But aside from that...

1. Yes, you can register at the door. You can register for a single day or for the whole weekend, both options have the same line I believe. Currently, registration for the whole weekend is $60. The price for singe day passes has yet to be posted, and the price is different according to which day it is. For instance, a Saturday pass will cost more then a Monday pass. If you think you'll stay more then one day, it will be cheaper to by a full weekend pass instead of 2 single day passes. You register and pay for your pass inside the convention center. As soon as you enter through the main entrance, you'll see the line. If for some reason you can't find it, feel free to ask some one. Just about anyone standing around outside will know where to send you.

2. The only place to register for Fanime is on the Fanime website pr at the convention itself. There is a link at the top of the site to register and pay for your pass. Again, if you plan on going for more then 1 day then it is worth it to register before the convention. I think the full weekend price will remain the same from now to the convention. If not, it should only go up about $5. Another perk to registering for the full weekend is that if you decide to stay, you wont have to stand in line again the second day, because you'll already have your pass.

NubeFan

Kyra_Maverick

You're welcome ^.^

If you have any other questions, take a look in the Registration Forum. Your question may already be answered, and if not, you should receive a faster reply.