I'm I close to the convention?

Started by ELDEMONIO, April 26, 2009, 11:38:00 AM

ELDEMONIO

OK. First I read the google map for directions on how to get to the convention.

At first I felt lost.Yesterday was my second try and I think I found it.

I drove for 2 hours looking for the streets(I saw the clock so yeah, I was somewhat lost)>_>.

Anyway,I saw a building that said convention so I think I found it.It had a giant Duck on top and had a big field next to it.

So is that the place the Fanimecon is held or am close?I know the street Almaden blv so I think I'm close. I heard its close to SJSU and I did see a big field with Baseball players practicing and big signs saying San Jose Giants. So was the place with the giant duck it or am I way of? Thank You

WaffoCellist

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on April 26, 2009, 11:38:00 AM

I drove for 2 hours looking for the streets(I saw the clock so yeah, I was somewhat lost)>_>.

Anyway,I saw a building that said convention so I think I found it.It had a giant Duck on top and had a big field next to it.

So is that the place the Fanimecon is held or am close?I know the street Almaden blv so I think I'm close. I heard its close to SJSU and I did see a big field with Baseball players practicing and big signs saying San Jose Giants. So was the place with the giant duck it or am I way of? Thank You

You are close...the building with the giant Duck is the Children's Museum.  The convention center is two blocks east (think of driving towards the hills) of the museum.  The biggest landmarks that will help you are the Marriott and Hilton hotels.  The convention center is nestled between them.  So if you know Almaden Blvd, get familiar with the San Carlos cross street.

You've gone way off course is you see the baseball field with the San Jose Giants sign. That is way South of downtown, that's right across the street from Spartan Stadium (2-3 miles or so away from the convention center).

Hope this helps.
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: WaffoCellist on April 26, 2009, 11:47:35 AM
Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on April 26, 2009, 11:38:00 AM

You are close...the building with the giant Duck is the Children's Museum.  The convention center is two blocks east (think of driving towards the hills) of the museum.  The biggest landmarks that will help you are the Marriott and Hilton hotels.  The convention center is nestled between them.  So if you know Almaden Blvd, get familiar with the San Carlos cross street.

You've gone way off course is you see the baseball field with the San Jose Giants sign. That is way South of downtown, that's right across the street from Spartan Stadium (2-3 miles or so away from the convention center).

Hope this helps.
Tight!.Thanks. yeah, I saw the hotels while I went straight to the road. I'll try finding it next Saturday. I'll only be their on Sunday but at least I'll go.;D

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: ewu on April 26, 2009, 12:01:43 PM
Try this:
150 W San Carlos St
San Jose, CA 95113

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&gl=us&q=150%20W%20San%20Carlos%20St%2C%20San%20Jose%2C%20CA%2095113&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

bounce us an e-mail if you need any help.:)

Eric
Out of curiosity, do you happend to have a photo of the building?:|
Now that I'm close, I would like to know how it looks like and get ready for it. One day of fun is all I have since I will need to perform in college plays on friday and saturday of those days.:(

GokuMew2

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on April 26, 2009, 12:31:11 PM
Out of curiosity, do you happend to have a photo of the building?:|

Here's a photo of the main entrance of the convention center:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crosswithyou/2528529989/in/set-72157605287224426/
You'll find the Marriott on the left of it and the Hilton on the right.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests