Yes, very helpful.
Eh, it was alright.
Not very.
This was stupid!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Lordsnow on May 17, 2009, 03:07:51 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 01, 2009, 10:51:41 PM
Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 01, 2009, 10:44:35 PM
I'd say take some apples. I usually do. Bananas also keep without a fridge. There are oodles of healthy things you can bring that don't need a fridge even. Just think..... things you took to school in a brown bag. PB+J, anyone?

I still stand by "If you can't afford food then you shouldn't be going". If you are bringing food to save money or for convenience that's fine, but the people that starve themselves or live off things they shouldn't so they can even attend, or buy random toy from the dealers room, really shouldn't be going. These people are clearly not responsible enough to be going out and spending a weekend without supervision.

I just needed to say, Pyron thank you for being so hilariously sad.

---

On the topic. You don't need to eat healthy bah! Me and my friends survived this:
1) food from the diner down the street
2) Denny's
3) Winerschnitzel
4) the Taqueria down the street
5) Jack in the box
6) Starbucks.

I you wanna save money... get like... 8 or six bucks and buy dollar menus for the whole weekend.
This is actually healthier then just eating rice.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

---

On the topic. You don't need to eat healthy bah! Me and my friends survived this:
2) Denny's
3) Winerschnitzel
5) Jack in the box
6) Starbucks.

I you wanna save money... get like... 8 or six bucks and buy dollar menus for the whole weekend.

o_0 Huh? I'm sad... because I don't think irresponsible people that would rather spend money on toys than sustenance and sleeping arrangements shouldn't be at fanime?

heeroyuy135

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 17, 2009, 03:54:10 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 01, 2009, 10:51:41 PM
Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 01, 2009, 10:44:35 PM
I'd say take some apples. I usually do. Bananas also keep without a fridge. There are oodles of healthy things you can bring that don't need a fridge even. Just think..... things you took to school in a brown bag. PB+J, anyone?

I still stand by "If you can't afford food then you shouldn't be going". If you are bringing food to save money or for convenience that's fine, but the people that starve themselves or live off things they shouldn't so they can even attend, or buy random toy from the dealers room, really shouldn't be going. These people are clearly not responsible enough to be going out and spending a weekend without supervision.

---

2) Denny's
3) Winerschnitzel
5) Jack in the box
6) Starbucks.

This is actually healthier then just eating rice.
Agreed.
Get some "actual" food in your body during the weekend - your body will thank you during the weekend.

Xeluu

First off, I know this isn't the best, but I've found it works fairly well.

This is what I've done previously at Fanime for food.
1) Bring 1-2 coolers, depending on how much food/water/juice you want to keep cool.
2) Stock those coolers with perishables, and replenish the water/juice/soda whenever you take one out.
3) Pour the water out into the tub a few times a day and refill with ice.

There's a target just a few minutes down the street, I go there and pick up: A carton of milk, cereal bowls (those individually packed ones.), last year I grabbed a few lunchables, jello, yogurt, etc. Grab some crackers/chips. Fruit is an excellent idea. I'm bringing a flat of water from the house. (Fry's had it on sale for 2.40 this weekend. XD ) You can always get a few instant lunch/cup o' noodle and use the coffee maker to get hot water. You could make tea this way if so inclined. I'll probably be making sandwiches this year, as someone suggested.

Now you have cereal/yogurt/fruit for the morning, lunchables/whatever for lunch, and you can eat whatever you'd like for dinner. Rinse/repeat.

All of this costs me VERY little, especially if I just get whatever is on sale at the time or stock up before I leave home. Last year the Marriott had chicken noodle soup for a fair price one of the days, so I supplemented with that, and possibly a fast food meal or two.

And of course, you can either get silverware from your hotel or buy some cheap plastic ones wherever you get your food.

Things you should be bringing for hygienic reasons:
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- hairbrush/comb
- DEODORANT
- If you're really specific, your own shampoo/conditioner/soap.
- Clean clothes for everyday (heck, an extra set just in case.)
- Medication if you need it.

Please, for the love of god, SHOWER during the convention. You'll feel better, and other people will be much happier if they're near you.

I know I'm forgetting something there, but you get the idea.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

narutofan17

Quote from: Xeluu on May 17, 2009, 09:24:44 PM

1) Bring 1-2 coolers, depending on how much food/water/juice you want to keep cool.
2) Stock those coolers with perishables, and replenish the water/juice/soda whenever you take one out.

There's a target just a few minutes down the street, I go there and pick up: A carton of milk, cereal bowls (those individually packed ones.), last year I grabbed a few lunchables, jello, yogurt, etc. Grab some crackers/chips. Fruit is an excellent idea. I'm bringing a flat of water from the house. (Fry's had it on sale for 2.40 this weekend. XD ) You can always get a few instant lunch/cup o' noodle and use the coffee maker to get hot water. You could make tea this way if so inclined. I'll probably be making sandwiches this year, as someone suggested.

Now you have cereal/yogurt/fruit for the morning, lunchables/whatever for lunch, and you can eat whatever you'd like for dinner. Rinse/repeat.

All of this costs me VERY little, especially if I just get whatever is on sale at the time or stock up before I leave home. Last year the Marriott had chicken noodle soup for a fair price one of the days, so I supplemented with that, and possibly a fast food meal or two.

And of course, you can either get silverware from your hotel or buy some cheap plastic ones wherever you get your food.

- hairbrush/comb
- DEODORANT

Please, for the love of god, SHOWER during the convention. You'll feel better, and other people will be much happier if they're near you.

You might want to bring your own bowls from home instead of paying for some. That should save you a little more cash. I also agree with the showering since the weather is getting warmer. >.>
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Xeluu

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 17, 2009, 10:16:07 PM

- hairbrush/comb
- DEODORANT

You might want to bring your own bowls from home instead of paying for some. That should save you a little more cash. I also agree with the showering since the weather is getting warmer. >.>
True, I just usually get those little individually packaged/bowled cereals because I'm lazy. But you could just get a box of cereal and bring bowls and share between roomies to save more.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

narutofan17

Quote from: Xeluu on May 18, 2009, 04:03:11 AM
Quote from: narutofan17 on May 17, 2009, 10:16:07 PM

- hairbrush/comb
- DEODORANT

True, I just usually get those little individually packaged/bowled cereals because I'm lazy. But you could just get a box of cereal and bring bowls and share between roomies to save more.
Yeah. It's funny because I'm talkin to my roommate right now about snacks. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Lordsnow

my friends and I decided to buy some turquaz.. and were going to fill bottles of water and drink it all day >.> .
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

XpHoBiaX

Hah I am doing the ice chest thing too. lol

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

sysadmin

If you are reading the above guide, you have time to think and plan.

Acceptable: choosing between local restaurants to find meals that fit your budget.
Acceptable: bringing healthy and diverse food to Fanime, to avoid restaurant/con prices.

Kinda not acceptable: declaring that you'll only live on rice and ramen for four days.
Not acceptable: skipping meals, starving yourself.
Not acceptable: not drinking enough water.

We get a number of people every season who pass out because of lack of food, lack of water.  Don't do that.

narutofan17

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 19, 2009, 07:19:55 PM
Ice chess!? This is what you do. Take the bag out the garbage can in your room and fill it with ice. Then put your food in there and enjoy. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Chaye

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 20, 2009, 09:15:48 AM
Ice chess!? This is what you do. Take the bag out the garbage can in your room and fill it with ice. Then put your food in there and enjoy. XD

o__o that sounds unsanitary.. why not just leave the clean bag in there?

AX Staff
Exhibit Hall: Asst Manager
o(≧∀≦)o

narutofan17

Quote from: Chaye on May 20, 2009, 09:38:38 AM

Well it was a joke...kinda. I did do something similar but I only used it for my drink because the hotel didn't have a mini fridge. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Chaye

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 20, 2009, 10:04:43 AM

Well it was a joke...kinda. I did do something similar but I only used it for my drink because the hotel didn't have a mini fridge. XD

haha oh god..

Last year I took a little ice chest to the hotel and on check out we left it in the luggage area.. I never got my icechest back >_>; so yeah.. this year the other people in the room get to bring it xD

AX Staff
Exhibit Hall: Asst Manager
o(≧∀≦)o

Lordsnow

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

narutofan17

Quote from: Chaye on May 20, 2009, 10:12:04 AM
Quote from: narutofan17 on May 20, 2009, 10:04:43 AM

haha oh god..

Last year I took a little ice chest to the hotel and on check out we left it in the luggage area.. I never got my icechest back >_>; so yeah.. this year the other people in the room get to bring it xD
You can use your luggage! But in all seriousness I would but I have to carry my cosplay and my props (big ass hammer) so I had to sacrifice my ice chest.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

SukebeStudios

We're gonna buy one of those cheap styrofoam coolers to keep our drinks in. After all, ice is free right? Lol. And we're not living only off Ramen and rice.........we have Pocky too...lol

narutofan17

Quote from: SukebeStudios on May 21, 2009, 11:06:00 AM
We're gonna buy one of those cheap styrofoam coolers to keep our drinks in. After all, ice is free right? Lol. And we're not living only off Ramen and rice.........we have Pocky too...lol
Yeah you should be good on ice...if the ice machine doesn't run out of ice. I don't think I don't think I have to many perishables so I should be cool

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

SukebeStudios

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 21, 2009, 12:32:12 PM
Yeah you should be good on ice...if the ice machine doesn't run out of ice. I don't think I don't think I have to many perishables so I should be cool

Yeah. mainly we have lunchmeat and cheese and mayo and stuff.

narutofan17

Quote from: SukebeStudios on May 21, 2009, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: narutofan17 on May 21, 2009, 12:32:12 PM

Yeah. mainly we have lunchmeat and cheese and mayo and stuff.
Good thing I'm a vegetarian. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!