Wants to take a vacation but have no $$$ for a hotel???...

Started by deonchan, April 30, 2009, 05:00:59 PM

deonchan

No problem just go to Couch Surfingand you're set.

When my bro who just got back from 2 weeks hoping between France and Spain told me about this, I thought he BSing and then I looked it up

Quick reaction - WTF?!

Longer reaction - Well this is kinda cool but how can this even remotely be safe? Especially after the Craig list killer something like this would be a no way in hades for me.

So is this a good idea or a bad idea? Would you use something like this?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

SOawesomeness

That's pretty cool... I think I would use it kinda like Ebay- buy off of the people who have the most positive ratings n stuff so I don't get jipped. And probably with same-sex people.

o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Dagger-6

They've got a lot of programs like that.  I remember reading about several of them in an article on cheap ways to travel.

I don't remember all of them, but I know one of them you just help work, do some household chores or fieldwork, in exchange for a place to stay.  I think there's another one where you're obligated to provide housing for them on a trip to your area, like wife swap, only with houses.  Okay, bad example.

Sunara Ishi

I don't know... Seems too easy to exploit. You might find yourself sold off to some sex den.

I didn't know there was a Craig's List killer. X.x; Scary.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula