Karaoke Contest Online Signups: Sunday, around 10PM

Started by Hank-KKD, May 01, 2009, 01:27:55 AM

Hank-KKD

For those interested in pre-registering for the karaoke contest, we will open signups this Sunday, around 10PM. We will post here when the link is live. We will also announce it on our super new Twitter (@fanimekaraoke).

Here are some things you need to know for pre-registering:

You will need to fill in all the fields, including contact information. If you leave anything blank, we will disregard your entry.

You will need to enter your real name. There will be a separate space for fan names.

You need to enter two songs that follow the contest requirements. You will be able to change them later- Just as long as you fill in two valid songs at the time of sign up. They can't be the same song, but can be from the same series.

Toki

Hmm? Is there going to be a specific application then?

LakuriSyaoran

its 10:57 where is the link!!!! O.O
edit: wait nvm its 10:57 AM ^^; sorry for my confusion ^^;

Hank-KKD

One more note:

As in past years, there are three choices for time preference: Early as possible, Late as possible, no preference.

The way we make the contest order is as follows:

1. Everyone who picked 'Early as possible', in the order they signed up in.
2. Everyone who picked 'no preference', in the order they signed up in.
3. Everyone who picked 'late as possible, in reverse of the order they signed up in.

For example, if you're the very first person to sign up, and you pick 'early as possible', you will go first.

Hank-KKD

For those who really really really want to be first to sign up, we're going to be posting the signup link first to our Twitter (@fanimekaraoke), some time before 10PM. You don't need a Twitter account, you can simply go to that page.

Then we'll post the signup link here at around 10PM.

Toki

Nyaa~ I have had to wait longer it seems because I'm in central time! Makes me so anxious, tee hee... T3T

slimchance

Super Sheba

Me too!  Within a minute of the link being posted I had signed up. :3

LakuriSyaoran

hopefully 25 people didn't sign up in the first 2 mins the link was up! cause thats when i did! i think i made it though! :D

Meer

Same here ^.^

I'm happy I signed up on time, last year the entries filled up overnight!

God91125

konataFTW

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Hank-KKD

That's a new Fanime record, folks. We filled up the 25 spots in less than 25 minutes.

Signups are now closed. We'll post a list of received entries by this time tomorrow.

Danger

OpheliaCat8

"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

God91125

Holy crap 0-0 last year it took like 10 minutes but this was like WOW XD

Nina Star 9

How did they possibly fill up in less than 10 minutes from 10? I didn't get a spot, either. ;o;

Hopefully I'll get in during at-con sign-ups...

kuroi

damn my review session for going just long enough. damn you calc final, damn you!
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

OpheliaCat8

That's my hope too, but I don't think it's fair that they said 10:00 but it's been open for the past 25ish minutes, meaning people were singing up before 10:00!   And they only have 10 spots to sign up for at the con!!  What am I supposed to do now, not even been given a chance?
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

Loco:Neko

Quote from: OpheliaCat8 on May 03, 2009, 10:16:29 PM
That's my hope too, but I don't think it's fair that they said 10:00 but it's been open for the past 25ish minutes, meaning people were singing up before 10:00!   And they only have 10 spots to sign up for at the con!!  What am I supposed to do now, not even been given a chance?

While I know what the rules say, I have to agree with this statement.  The thread did say around 10PM.  In the minds of most (or at least in my opinion) that's usually a gap of 15 mins before or 15 mins after 10pm.  An hour before is kinda deceiving.  On top of that, there was supposed to be something on twitter.  I was texting on my phone while at work (bad me!) and I never got anything from Twitter.  I was working till 9:30pm and didn't get back home till 9:45pm. 

I dunno.  I'll place my hopes with At-con sign-ups, but I highly doubt i'll make it considering I won't get into San Jose till about 1pm on Friday.  Best of luck to the contestants.  ^-^