Karaoke Contest Online Signups: Sunday, around 10PM

Started by Hank-KKD, May 01, 2009, 01:27:55 AM

Toki

Okay I am pretty sure I signed up within ten minutes of the twitter thing being open, but gosh was that heart wrenching. My laptop has been going off sporadically so I signed up as soon as I could (ten minutes past the initial twitter post) but it took me four tries before it would stay on long enough!! Wow I am a little scared to be in this competition... seems like serious business. Lets do our best, ne?

yumicchi88

Iwas shocked.

I had to go somewhere till 10 and from my experience, i thought it will take at least a day,
I got home at 11pm, and got on this topic excited.
Then sees it saying "Closed".

I literally just stared at the computer screen with my mouth open.
This is really not fair. the sign up even started early. Either way, i had no chance!

Next time, when you say 10pm, make it 10pm.
Thank you

Now i have to figure out when to go for at-con sign up...
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

kuroi

Quote from: yumicchi88 on May 04, 2009, 08:31:28 AM
Iwas shocked.

I had to go somewhere till 10 and from my experience, i thought it will take at least a day,
I got home at 11pm, and got on this topic excited.
Then sees it saying "Closed".

I literally just stared at the computer screen with my mouth open.
This is really not fair. the sign up even started early. Either way, i had no chance!

Next time, when you say 10pm, make it 10pm.
Thank you

Now i have to figure out when to go for at-con sign up...

A lot of us are in the same boat; I thought I'd definitely be fine at 10:11 the day of.

I'll be sitting in front of the karaoke room on Friday if you want to join me.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

UsakoMinako

Wow... I hope everyone gets in who was waiting so patiently and missed their boat! If my partner and I don't get in- it'll be the first fanime karaoke we missed in forever! -_-

Lexy

Aw dang I missed it  :P

Welp, looks like I'll just have to sign up the day of and wait till a spot opens. ^_^
Let's Play Channel
PSN: Lexy-

OpheliaCat8

All I know is that I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon, so I'll be fine in getting there on-time.  The website says the tentative time for signups is when the karaoke room opens, which is at 3pm on Friday.  I really don't wanna have to wait for more than 3 hours for a spot in the contest, especially since my roommates will be depending on me for room access.  Plus I wanna spend time at the rest of the con!  But I guess it can't be helped.  Better bring a book!  Spend some time buying new ones and then read them all at once!!!  Hehheheheheh.....
And even if I don't, I'm gonna show them all up in open mic anyway!!! WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
*has currently lost her sanity due to the failed online signup*
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

konataFTW

weird cuz I got smt from Twitter and I was like WTF?~! then I signed up :/

IMO when excitement grow in the forums then people will eventually (or literally) wait at around 9:30 till there's an update at Twitter for the sign ups, I signed up at 9:52 pm (that was what Twitter had) although in my phone clock said it was 10:17 pm (thanks to Twitter'x update >_<)

... (I dunno what to say anymore >_>)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: OpheliaCat8 on May 04, 2009, 11:07:34 AM
All I know is that I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon, so I'll be fine in getting there on-time.  The website says the tentative time for signups is when the karaoke room opens, which is at 3pm on Friday.  I really don't wanna have to wait for more than 3 hours for a spot in the contest, especially since my roommates will be depending on me for room access.  Plus I wanna spend time at the rest of the con!  But I guess it can't be helped.  Better bring a book!  Spend some time buying new ones and then read them all at once!!!  Hehheheheheh.....
And even if I don't, I'm gonna show them all up in open mic anyway!!! WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
*has currently lost her sanity due to the failed online signup*

I shall be joining you for the wait *^*
Since I live only 5 minutes away from Fanime. I can camp out or something *^*
I'll bring crackers and cheese or something...

Enkai

Do you think we're actually going to need to camp out in front of the room to get a spot?  Maybe hanging out at 2:30 is reasonable, but camping out for more than that?  I think I'm going to need to decide how much the contest is worth to me to how long I camp out.

xXunyuuXx

I don't literally mean to camp out for real but it's just my saying I will be there quite early or something *^*

may_shall_win

xXunyuuXx

may_shall_win

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 04, 2009, 07:31:12 PM
Quote from: may_shall_win on May 04, 2009, 07:24:30 PM
is the list full for sign ups?

Yes it is Sherwin *^*
Hello, its me Trina ;o;

aw gawd...oh well XD
Hi Trina :D
guess its just open mic for me this year lol

konataFTW

what's open mic? like a normal karaoke? oooh I wanna join XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

may_shall_win

open mic is just you singing on stage not for the contest just for lols

OpheliaCat8

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 04, 2009, 06:53:24 PM
I don't literally mean to camp out for real but it's just my saying I will be there quite early or something *^*
I dunno.  I know of at least 4 people who wanna camp out so there may be more.  I'm sure there are lots of others who don't post on the forums, and others who are gonna get lucky and find this out AT the con.  If it gets too bad, then the coordinators can just prevent people from lining up more than an hour beforehand.  Cuz if there's a lot, then it could get crowded. Hmmm....welll.....ANYWAY, I'm gonna go practice my japanese!
.............and don't forget the cookies!
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

Loco:Neko

Quote from: OpheliaCat8 on May 04, 2009, 08:05:50 PM
Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 04, 2009, 06:53:24 PM
I dunno.  I know of at least 4 people who wanna camp out so there may be more.  I'm sure there are lots of others who don't post on the forums, and others who are gonna get lucky and find this out AT the con.  If it gets too bad, then the coordinators can just prevent people from lining up more than an hour beforehand.  Cuz if there's a lot, then it could get crowded. Hmmm....welll.....ANYWAY, I'm gonna go practice my japanese!
.............and don't forget the cookies!

Either that or they'll make us wrap around the room like they do for the dances and such.  Either way, I'll bring a thing of oreos.  ^-^

hellangel

I know that sign-ups are full, but did the link ever get posted at all?? (After all, not all of us have/want Twitter...)

nvm. found it ^^;
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Hakaru_chan

aww signups closed too fast. at least now i know to sign up early.

i was trying to make it a goal for me to sign up and compete in EVERY contest at fanime this year but yea... i think ive pushed myself to hard this time and im already dealing with the other contests...  :-\ (i just turned in my fmv last night! - if you know the story and why its funny, i explain it in that thread itself)

ill make sure to watch tho! i hope i can sign up for the open mike  ;D

Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork