Pickup Badge

Started by xOchiix, May 03, 2009, 07:10:10 PM

xOchiix

I know , I know; there's a million and one + threads regarding this question. Gah.

I'm currently 13, and the only form of ID I have is a school ID. Which is apparently not acceptable. Since it is most likely too late to get a State ID from DMV.. how do I prove myself? o_o Can I show the receipt or something?

Aaanndd. What are the steps of getting your pre-reg badge?

And also; my friend is going to buy a whole weekend badge on Friday. She isn't pre-regging. But she is 15. My father is taking both of us, so does he need to stand in line aswell?

SOawesomeness

e-mail registration if you have questions about ID...

(btw, pre-reg is different than early-reg and the process is a lil different)

1. Walk into pre-reg area
2. Stand in line (or lack thereof)
3. Walk to an open booth
4. Give person your ID + e-postcard
5. Wait.
6. Receive bag and badge.
7. Enjoy. :D

For your friend, your dad wouldn't need to stand in line, but I mean... you're not gonna leave her alone in line, are ya? Haha.
Nah, he doesn't need to stand in line, but it would be awesome if her and your dad be there when she does the actual purchasing of the badge n' stuffs. o: For reference for like, emergency contacts and stuffs. :D Or... just in case. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kyra_Maverick

As for what else you can use to prove your identity, email [email protected]

The first step to picking up your badge will be to email and find out what you can do for ID. Second step will be to print out your electronic post card. This has information about your registration and helps the whole process move faster. You can print it out at home from the registration tab after you log in. I dont think it has been posted yet. Bring this print out and whatever you work out to prove your identity with you to pick up your badge. If you're going on Thursday to pick up your badge early, you line up in the convention center. You cant miss the line. You're friend will not be able to register at this time. If you are going to pick up your badge on Friday, both you and your friend will have to stand in separate lines. Im not sure who your dad will have to stand in line with, so best to ask that when you email registration as well.

I believe she will also need an ID.

xOchiix

Okay. I will email them. Thanks.

So the electronic post card is not available yet? I'm picking up my badge on Thursday, but I'm actually getting the hotel on Friday, where I will stand in line with my friend while she gets her badge. [Yeahh, I won't leave her. That'd be evil!]

Ah, so an ID .. like a state ID? When do they check for ID?

Kyra_Maverick

For pre-registration, they check your ID as soon as you get up to the booth and hand them your postcard. For registering at con, I think they check when you reach the booth an they take your information. I've never registered at con, so Im not positive how the process works.

xOchiix

Okay, so I've emailed them. But I haffa do this whole process of downloading some email? Can't I just check my email via internet? Not downloading anything?
Because my account isn't administrator, thus I can't download anything.
And the administrator [My father.] is gone for the week.
Sorry for a stupid question.  :-\

SOawesomeness

Download? No,no... you personally will need to just print out something called the electronic postcard which will be linked to your registration account. It'll be available later.

Mod edit: fixed some reg specific vocab....chiri....get some rest and thanks:)
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook