Fanimecon '10 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by BumbleB, May 03, 2009, 10:22:10 PM

Batman77

;D The Pillows would be incredible to have there. I know some people would definitely come just for them.  :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: Batman77 on October 31, 2009, 09:04:44 AM
;D The Pillows would be incredible to have there. I know some people would definitely come just for them.  :D
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12666.msg334612.html#msg334612

Every year... every con... people ask for the Pillows. I will never understand it.

Some funny news I just heard about The Pillows. They were offered to play a concert with Oasis. They declined... and their reasoning was that, it would make bigger news if they declined than if they accepted it. AWESOME!

HungryTwins

I say Fanime needs to turn up the music a gigantic notch and try to get SA (Samurai Attack) back over to the States. Great punk music and a lead singer with a great pompadour.

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

azngurl701

High and Mighty Color please!  ;D  They'll be at Sakura-Con, so maybe they could stop by for Fanime?  xD

GokuMew2

Just wrote it in the guest thread, but I'd love to see May'n at FanimeCon!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Momoko

I would love to see
LM.C
girugamesh
The GazettE
Buono!
ARASHI
Abingdon Boys School

>3<

Acid_Android

Quote from: Momoko on November 06, 2009, 09:28:47 PM
I would love to see
LM.C
girugamesh
The GazettE
Buono!
ARASHI
Abingdon Boys School

>3<

As much as I would love love LOVEE for Arashi to be at MusicFest, they're scheduled to do a drama in the springtime staring all five of them, sooooo that might be difficult.

Not to mention they're beyond super popular that they'd probably cost more than what we spend to run the entire convention.

I hardly post on here, but I DO look at the suggestions, so keep them coming!
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Nina Star 9

Have we ever had anything on the urban side at Fanime? Like an R&B or hip-hop artist or anything?

I really like SONOMI and think that she'd be fun to watch. Plus, it would ass more genres. We have to have R&B fans at the con...right?

...Though, I admit that I would probably go see Buono! if they came. x3 Not a fan of their kind of pop, but their music is really catchy, the girls are really cute, and they would be a lot of fun to watch.

nenpanda

girugämesh(5)
HOME MADE 家族(HOME MADE KAZOKU)
THE KIDDIE
HIGH and MIGHTY Color
serial NUMBER
Irokui.
HALCALI
Aural Vampire
Nega
Kannivalism
Asian Kung-Fu Generation!! DELUHI!(lol)
Plastic Tree, LM.C, Matenrou Opera, alice nine.
UVERworld, Perfume,

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

chifunii

Quote from: Momoko on November 06, 2009, 09:28:47 PM
I would love to see
LM.C
girugamesh
The GazettE
Buono!
ARASHI
Abingdon Boys School

>3<

girugamesh, the Gazette, and ARASHI are all on my lovelovelove list.
But ARASHI is uber-mega-super-ultra-mega-mega popular, so the chance of them coming is...
almost negative. XD

I'd also like
Matenrou Opera (<----I LOVE THEM)
LM.C (It seems like they fit into the Fanime ...aura?)
Nightmare/Naitomea (Yay...~ *^*)
Alice Nine (just cuz <3)

Too bad ayaka stopped her music activities. ; - ; I would've loved to see her!!!

Oh! And Plastic Tree
:D :D :D
I'd die. hahaha~~~
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

iKuraudo

As much as I am up for most of the other suggestions posted.
I'll love to add some more.

I'd like to suggest Gackt and here is my reasons.
a) He's popular in California, B) He made an appearance back in 2007 for Anime Expo and it would not hurt to invite him for Fanime.
Since, Fanime is just a wondeful con al the way around. C) I want to see him come to Fanime so bad, since I missed my chance to go to Anime Expo in 2007 due to a severe illness I had that year. Not only that, he's very active and has sung for many games/Anime alone and I can picture him coming. :3

Another suggestion is Mana or The GazettE:
I am a fan of both as well, I heard Mana recently went to Anime Expo last year and I have yet to see a GazettE Concert (Uruha is my favorite band member)
I can also picture them coming to a con like Fanime.

Other than that,
It would be cool to bring back An Cafe, since I really got into them after watching various performances of Snow Scene and I missed the concert in 2008, due to exhaustion.

This is what I can suggest for now and will post again if I can come up with others. :3

Kazuko

Quote from: iKuraudo on December 05, 2009, 08:44:30 AM

Other than that,
It would be cool to bring back An Cafe, since I really got into them after watching various performances of Snow Scene and I missed the concert in 2008, due to exhaustion.

An Cafe are actually going on Hiatus in January, It is unknown when they will come back from hiatus Sorry~

The only J-rock band I would LOVE to see is Plastic Tree!

I still would like Perfume to come or even May'n with Megumi Nakajima

Also please bring Back Momoi ;___; I miss her, her concert was so energetic and fun!

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: deonchan on December 08, 2009, 10:17:48 AM
Would it be possible to get Juliet to come?

Anything is possible if you believe...
Well not really no =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

iKuraudo

Quote from: Kazuko on December 07, 2009, 11:43:17 PM
Quote from: iKuraudo on December 05, 2009, 08:44:30 AM

Other than that,

An Cafe are actually going on Hiatus in January, It is unknown when they will come back from hiatus Sorry~

The only J-rock band I would LOVE to see is Plastic Tree!

I still would like Perfume to come or even May'n with Megumi Nakajima

Also please bring Back Momoi ;___; I miss her, her concert was so energetic and fun!

Ah yes, the Hiatus by An Cafe, I forgot about that. ;____;

asngtrst

My band would like to perform as an opener! :D if its okay, we have demo tapes that are in the making. Our choice of songs are Asian Kung Fu Generation (Ajikan). 
Huehuehuehuehue

asngtrst

and I agree with the suggestion for Bump of Chicken. other suggestions would be Snowkel, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Sparta Locals.
Huehuehuehuehue