Fanimecon '10 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by BumbleB, May 03, 2009, 10:22:10 PM

paragyaru

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 26, 2010, 01:12:54 AM

And about 500,000$

Besides, he's not even considered a musician anymore despite releasing songs occasionally (and December Love song like 149823985325 times). He's a TV personality now.

Probably true about the money thing, since some of the expenses often come from his own pocket.

Who did you hear that from? His 10 year anniversary was last year, so he released 4 singles just for that...His latest album, Re:born,  came out just last month, followed by a new single, Setsugekka. He also did a soundtrack for a pachinko game called Gladiator. The soundtrack used older songs, but many of them were new recordings. Of course, this does not include all the Kamen Rider singles...
Haha, I suppose you were joking, and I just happened to fall into the trap? XD

Anyway, back on topic, I'd really like to push for Capsule this year. I noticed there are others in the forum who have requested them too, and although I'm not sure exactly how many of the attendees are into electropop, I think it'd be a fun show.

deonchan

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 26, 2010, 01:12:54 AM
Quote from: paragyaru on January 25, 2010, 11:55:59 PM
I'd request Gackt, but since he likes to go all out, I think he'd need at least a year in advance, haha.

And about 500,000$

Besides, he's not even considered a musician anymore despite releasing songs occasionally (and December Love song like 149823985325 times). He's a TV personality now.

Wow, he's cheaper than Utada?!

</badjoke>
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

PyronIkari

Quote from: paragyaru on January 26, 2010, 04:08:22 PM

Probably true about the money thing, since some of the expenses often come from his own pocket.

Who did you hear that from? His 10 year anniversary was last year, so he released 4 singles just for that...His latest album, Re:born,  came out just last month, followed by a new single, Setsugekka. He also did a soundtrack for a pachinko game called Gladiator. The soundtrack used older songs, but many of them were new recordings. Of course, this does not include all the Kamen Rider singles...
Haha, I suppose you were joking, and I just happened to fall into the trap? XD

Anyway, back on topic, I'd really like to push for Capsule this year. I noticed there are others in the forum who have requested them too, and although I'm not sure exactly how many of the attendees are into electropop, I think it'd be a fun show.

Hear what from? I said he still releases stuff, but in general he's not viewed as a musician half as much as he's viewed as a TV personality now. I'm assuming you mean "who did I hear that he's more of a TV personality from", and I would say, no one and everyone... because that's what he is. He's on Variety shows 5 times a week, and it's just to be there as a guest, in the same way people like Hoshino Aki and Yuko Ogura are (because they really can't be considered gravure idols anymore, despite still doing some gravure stuff). The general populace knows them for being TV personalities more so than they are for their music/modeling stuff now.

I like Capsule and all, but have they done anything even remotely related to anime?

paragyaru

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 26, 2010, 05:34:28 PM
Hear what from? I said he still releases stuff, but in general he's not viewed as a musician half as much as he's viewed as a TV personality now. I'm assuming you mean "who did I hear that he's more of a TV personality from", and I would say, no one and everyone... because that's what he is. He's on Variety shows 5 times a week, and it's just to be there as a guest, in the same way people like Hoshino Aki and Yuko Ogura are (because they really can't be considered gravure idols anymore, despite still doing some gravure stuff). The general populace knows them for being TV personalities more so than they are for their music/modeling stuff now.

I like Capsule and all, but have they done anything even remotely related to anime?

Hm...I wouldn't go as far as to say that. Yes, he's popular on t.v. because he's entertaining in general, to fans and non-fans alike, and he says and does random and funny things. Those that are fans watch him because they follow his music, and those that aren't watch him because he's simply entertaining. Being on t.v. ≠ "not working on music". You can go to the studio for a few hours in the day time, and go to a television studio at night. Many musicians do this, and they may even go on t.v. shows when touring. As I said before, he's been working on a lot of tracks recently in addition to doing his RR2 Tour, so he has a lot of reasons to promote himself on t.v., as well as the fact that his 36th single came out just last month.  As for the gravure idols (former or not), we all know why they're there, haha. Then again, if a gravure idol wants to quit gravure and not go in the *other* direction, it's probably a good idea to get herself on t.v. or get into acting if she wants to stay relevant.

Capsule doesn't have an anime relation unless you count their 3 animated PV's by Momose Yoshiyuki (of Studio Kajino), but they do have one to manga. They did the first soundtrack for the Drama adaptation of Shinobu Kaitani's Liar Game manga, and they are also doing the soundtrack for the show's second season. However, considering that we've had previous guests such as Kamijo, Mothercoat, Karma Shenjing, and Blood, I don't think the fact that they don't have (well known) anime ties will completely diminish one's interest.

ewu

Stay on topic. This thread is for suggestions, Musicfest can evaluate the bands individually on their own.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

lycan510

Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

Danger

Peelander-Z would be an awesome addition to the line up. They are this Japanese punk rock band from NYC heavily influenced by Power Rangers. If you haven't heard of them, here is the video for the song Mad Tiger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VIFkDacTPU

LimeLina

The Gazette would be awesome if possible. Their lives are always full of energy and intense rock. Definitely a good example of VK too  ;)

Sandwich

I'd suggest:
SuG (They did an ending for katekyo Hitman REBORN!)
Plastic Tree
Bump of Chicken
The Pillows
Kosaka Riyu
Tommy February6
and Ali Project.

slifertheskydragon

Alice Nine
La-Vie
O-Zone
Knotlamp << this one because quite a few of their songs are in english :3

Acid_Android

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Freeden

And my suggestions for peoples are:

Home Made Kazoku
Himeka
Ali Project
Angela
Elisa

Now, if only Galneryus were still together.... :-[

Poof-Aro

UVERworld - I haven't heard of them coming to the US yet, but they are awesome!
Hitomi Takahashi
the Gazette - Yeah right....
Crystal Kay
Utada Hikaru
Sowelu
Back-on

And a bunch of other artist that will never come to fanime con. Lol
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

Poof-Aro

Quote from: Sandwich on February 06, 2010, 04:17:59 PM
I'd suggest:
SuG (They did an ending for katekyo Hitman REBORN!)
Yes.
I almost forgot about them! If they showed up I'd be first in line!
Takeru is <3
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon

My Cosplay Page

Nina Star 9

Now that we know LM.C is coming, why not theme it to Red Garden's OP/ED and bring out JiLL-Decoy association?  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycUml7p-lbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqwmOEhK3zM
Come on, how fun is this stuff? :D

I can always dream...

Poof-Aro

Oh joy! So, then, it's just a matter of who get's to the front of the line first...

I've said this before and I'll say it again.
SuG (still indie... shouldn't be too hard >.< in my mind anyway)
UVERworld
Hitomi Takahashi
Back-on
Sowelu
Utada Hikaru
the GazettE

XP I'm just too hopeful... but, I will love fanime FOREVER if any of those artist showed up. Plus, I'll die.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon

My Cosplay Page

slifertheskydragon

owo LM C <~~~ so happy... thank you ;w;

waaa I have suggestion but this time I have sites too! (w/music sample in most of them!)

Knotlamp http://www.myspace.com/knotlamp << I think it's "indie rock" style? :3
Alice Nine http://www.myspace.com/alicenineofficial << VK
Vistlip http://www.vistlip.com/ (click "enter site") <<VK
Jealkb (name is a parody of "visual kei") http://jealkb.jp/home.html <<VK paro
JAMProject (they went to otakon i believe before) http://jamjamsite.com/
Maximum the Hormone http://www.maximumthehormone.jp/

Kuudere

I have never attended any of the Musicfests in my 6 years of going to Fanime, (mostly because I was under the impression that the only bands that get booked are visual kei, and it's not really my thing), but I would definitely, definitely be in line for these people:

• the pillows (They're legends, they love their fans, and they have their music played in anime)
  • Utada Hikaru (Very well known)
  • Tommy Heavenly6 (I think she'd fit in pretty well)
  • YUI (She'd get all the Bleach fans, at the very least, which is quite a lot)
  • Jyukai (Not sure how they'd do live, their music is pretty slow-tempo'd)
  • Kalafina (Same issue as Jyukai, but they'd be pretty awesome to hear)
  • School Food Punishment (Not sure exactly how popular they are, but they are really exceptional)

Saturnchan

Without a doubt, if miracles could happen I'd LOVE to see YUI, the brilliant green/Tomoko Kawase (Tommy February/Heavenly), SNoW (I think she goes by Yukie now), or HY. Crazy choices probably, but a girl can dream lol
Planned Cosplay for Fanime 2016

*Coco Adel - RWBY
*Raimu "Rhyme" Bito [The World Ends With You]
*Namine [Kingdom Hearts II - Monty Oum's "Dead Fantasy" version] - Maybe
*Alice - [Disney's Alice in Wonderland]