xXunyuuXx

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 06, 2009, 11:27:04 AM
Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 06, 2009, 07:32:35 AM
Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 05, 2009, 10:34:22 PM
Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 05, 2009, 04:36:29 PM
Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 05, 2009, 02:37:12 PM
I wish I signed up.:(

The only songs I can sing pretty good are Maximum The Hormone songs.:D

Only because I can make my voice deep and crazy like the singer.:)

But I guess it would be too dark for little kids to hear.:D

OoOo
I would love to hear you sing that *^*
You would be surprised.:D. I first showed my singing skills in my friends house. He put on Rock Band and I sang a Linkin Park song. I used my dark voice and everyone in the room where telling me I turned it to a devil song. ;D The best song I can do in my mind is Korn's "Freak on a leash" and yes, it does hurt my trought after I finish singing it.:(

8D
Sounds exciting to me.
Dooo eeeet! Go for it in open mic.
Sing and turn a happy song into a devil song...like Pokemon 8P

You know, that's not a bad idea. :D

I may give it a shot.I hope to go as Hiei from Yu YU Hakusho if my Cosplay arrives by then in the mail. If not, i'll just wear pure black like always.SInging pokemon in my crazy voice would be awesome. ;D I just hope the guys in charge will let me do it. :D

I totally love the Johto League opening. Or the Advance one @_@
I can tottaly imagine it.
"Ohhhhhhh oh oh ahahhahahah! I'm unbeaaaaatableeeee"
>.< Oh...so exciting >.<
Need to find something to do as I camp out in front of the karaoke room @o@
I am that dedicated. *^*

konataFTW

one thing for sure: I'd do this dead or alive~!

(lol alive would be better though XD)

simply because 1) I want to show my talent even if I'm small and young, I want to be compared with other people since I am very competitive and am in choir [although I don't wanna sound snobbish but I have advantage since I have my choir director to help us ^_^v]
2) IT'S ON~!
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

OpheliaCat8

Quote from: konataFTW on May 06, 2009, 02:58:32 PM
one thing for sure: I'd do this dead or alive~!

(lol alive would be better though XD)

simply because 1) I want to show my talent even if I'm small and young, I want to be compared with other people since I am very competitive and am in choir [although I don't wanna sound snobbish but I have advantage since I have my choir director to help us ^_^v]
2) IT'S ON~!

Agreed. I was in choir myself(back in high school--oh how the years go by), and I used to work as a karaoke dj for a long time.  This is my thing! And I will compete even if I have to camp outside the karaoke room starting Thursday. (Ok, that's a little extreme.  It's not like this is American Idol or something.)  よ〜し!がんばってくれ!!
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

Super Sheba

It is SO on.  I was in choir for 6 years and my mom has a degree in music with a focus on voice, so when I'm doing something wrong she tells me, and I've been coached on occasion for auditions, though I've never had formal voice lessons.  Someday I'll get those.  My friend L. Jupe was in choir in high school.  We aren't singing together, but we will be rooting for each other the whole time.  :3 

Konata, how old are you?  I'll be 21 tomorrow. 

In fact, how old are you people competing or trying to sign up at con to compete?  I'm curious about the range of ages that will be in the competition.

OpheliaCat8

I'll be 23.  My music history is pretty much the same as yours(my mom's a professional singer and my voice teacher)....and a lot of others, likely.    ^_^
This is fun!

Cosplays for Fanime 2011

konataFTW

I turned 14 last week lol XD and my duet partner is 12... turning 13 I believe >_<

Lol this reminded me of when we auditioned for our talent show and we told our friends:
"We will be in the talent show because we're good, Asians, short and... cute~!" and we all smiled like babies lol XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Super Sheba

I'll be waiting to hear everyone, especially Ophelia, since she has had a similar history to mine and I want to hear how that worked out for her.

Konata: I'm not cute or Asian.  :'(  I may want to fix that.   :P

I want to do the Karaoke gong show, too.  I'm pretty good at purposely butchering Ali Project songs.  :b

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 06, 2009, 12:24:47 PM

OoOo
You would be surprised.:D. I first showed my singing skills in my friends house. He put on Rock Band and I sang a Linkin Park song. I used my dark voice and everyone in the room where telling me I turned it to a devil song. ;D The best song I can do in my mind is Korn's "Freak on a leash" and yes, it does hurt my trought after I finish singing it.:(

8D
Sounds exciting to me.

I may give it a shot.I hope to go as Hiei from Yu YU Hakusho if my Cosplay arrives by then in the mail. If not, i'll just wear pure black like always.SInging pokemon in my crazy voice would be awesome. ;D I just hope the guys in charge will let me do it. :D

>.< Oh...so exciting >.<
I am that dedicated. *^*
I may have to remember the lyrics for that song if I choose to do that.

I won't camp since I live like 30 minutes away from San jose.All I'm worried about is finding a parking space. :-\

konataFTW

Quote from: Super Sheba on May 06, 2009, 05:04:17 PM
I'll be waiting to hear everyone, especially Ophelia, since she has had a similar history to mine and I want to hear how that worked out for her.

I want to do the Karaoke gong show, too.  I'm pretty good at purposely butchering Ali Project songs.  :b

well as long as you're confident like us... you're "cute and Asian-like" cuz that's how we are lol XD

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 06, 2009, 05:16:42 PM

OoOo

8D
Sounds exciting to me.

>.< Oh...so exciting >.<
I am that dedicated. *^*

I won't camp since I live like 30 minutes away from San jose.All I'm worried about is finding a parking space. :-\

I live 5 minutes away from Fanime @o@
Like 3 blocks away.

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 06, 2009, 05:56:41 PM

OoOo

8D
Sounds exciting to me.

>.< Oh...so exciting >.<
I am that dedicated. *^*

Like 3 blocks away.
Lucky :(

Milai Sapphire

Quote from: Super Sheba on May 06, 2009, 05:04:17 PM

:O Ali Project songs are amazing.....even now I'd still like to try doing one. Almost did last year, but hehe....difficult to get 100% right. :x

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 06, 2009, 07:02:40 PM
Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 06, 2009, 05:56:41 PM

OoOo

8D
Sounds exciting to me.

>.< Oh...so exciting >.<
I am that dedicated. *^*

Like 3 blocks away.
Lucky :(

I know D'8
I can see Marriot hotel from my window @_@

Chiisana

I wish the best for everyone! I'm sure everyone will do wonderfully. ^^

This is my first con and karaoke contest, so I hope everyone will help me out.. T.T;; I'm a bit nervous and I have no idea how things will turn out, but I'll do my best!!  :D

Good luck everyone! Let's all make sure we have a great great time!! ^0^

princesskitty18

and here i thought i was gonna be the youngest one. i (j.ko) will try my best and hopefully not make ur ears bleed. i think i'm FAIRLY ok =]]

time to practice!!
  ;)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

LakuriSyaoran

Quote from: Super Sheba on May 06, 2009, 04:25:58 PM
It is SO on.  I was in choir for 6 years and my mom has a degree in music with a focus on voice, so when I'm doing something wrong she tells me, and I've been coached on occasion for auditions, though I've never had formal voice lessons.  Someday I'll get those.  My friend L. Jupe was in choir in high school.  We aren't singing together, but we will be rooting for each other the whole time.  :3 

Konata, how old are you?  I'll be 21 tomorrow. 

In fact, how old are you people competing or trying to sign up at con to compete?  I'm curious about the range of ages that will be in the competition.
O.o now i'm not so confident anymore o.o chior 4 3 years wweee
i'm 16 btw

konataFTW

lolz XD so my Duet partner is the youngest? and I'm second to the youngest? kyaaah... sorry my voice is high but I keep it matured for competitions... and for this contest too ohhh yeah XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Super Sheba

This will be my second competition.  If anyone knows about gendou.com, they had a gendou idol and I was in the finals (they haven't given out final results yet, but meh).  This will be different, though, because I have to sing live and get the audience's attention.

I feel kind've old now.  XD  Good luck, everyone!

princesskitty18

Quote from: konataFTW on May 06, 2009, 08:51:54 PM
lolz XD so my Duet partner is the youngest? and I'm second to the youngest? kyaaah... sorry my voice is high but I keep it matured for competitions... and for this contest too ohhh yeah XD

i guess im a couple of years after u. i'm 18 and my first time in the competition. i wanted to join last year but didnt realize that it was on a friday. but ive been to the open mics..and have seemed to do well. i can't remember..do we have to memorize our lyrics?
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

OpheliaCat8

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 06, 2009, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: konataFTW on May 06, 2009, 08:51:54 PM

i guess im a couple of years after u. i'm 18 and my first time in the competition. i wanted to join last year but didnt realize that it was on a friday. but ive been to the open mics..and have seemed to do well. i can't remember..do we have to memorize our lyrics?

I heard you can bring your lyrics up on stage with you, but you'd probly get docked points for that.  It just looks better if you have it memorized. And it's easier, cuz you can concentrate on entertaining the crowd and moving onstage rather than looking at a sheet of paper.  Or you could write down cues on your hands!!!  My friend used to do that for tests, but the notes were all in kanji so the teacher couldn't read it!

Quote from: Super Sheba on May 06, 2009, 09:59:11 PM

This will be my second competition.  If anyone knows about gendou.com, they had a gendou idol and I was in the finals (they haven't given out final results yet, but meh).  This will be different, though, because I have to sing live and get the audience's attention.

I feel kind've old now.  XD  Good luck, everyone!

YOU feel old?!  So far I'm the oldest one here!  If you feel old, then I feel ancient.

Cosplays for Fanime 2011