SteamPunkery

Started by Zirphex, May 05, 2009, 07:48:35 PM

Zirphex

Weeeeelll.... My dad has a friend who does plumbing and such.
Every other week or so this guy comes by my house and leaves old brass, copper, etc. (anything that can be recycled) from old sinks and the like.
So I got bored and decided I wanted to try and make some steampunk goggles.
They kinda suck, but they're really weird.
That and they were a pain to make so... enjoy?

MANHO!

XpHoBiaX

I like that. I wish I had some left over piping and gears. I'd make a partial mask. I love steampunk stuff. I have linkage somewhere for howto's and tutorials...when I find them I'll definately post links.

Goggles are so fun. I'm stuck with pringles cans right now....lol at least I have brown paint. XD

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Zirphex

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 05, 2009, 10:16:53 PM
I like that. I wish I had some left over piping and gears. I'd make a partial mask. I love steampunk stuff. I have linkage somewhere for howto's and tutorials...when I find them I'll definately post links.

Goggles are so fun. I'm stuck with pringles cans right now....lol at least I have brown paint. XD

There's a tutorial for goggles on deviantart if you search steampunk.
it's fairly easy
I just found one last night for making a robotic arm type thing which I'm gonna try.
MANHO!

XpHoBiaX

Yeah I saw a lot of stuff from live journal and Threadbanger as well. I'll get those links up.
Right now I am working on an armored arm...thing. lol And I need to make some holsters and pouches for my gun belt.

2010 cosplay...?

macaulayman

I love steampunk . I was a panelint at the Steampunkcon last yaer ( they really know how to treat artist there)
I'm working on a perscription ocular piece for mthe con now, I'll try to post some shots.

Zirphex

MANHO!

GyzmoAlchemist

Steampunk Borg, ftw!  ;D

Seriously though, nice job - I especially like the leather cover down the right-hand side.  Can't wait to see how that hand comes out, keep us posted!

Zirphex

Mechanically it's pretty much finished.
I need to shorten a few springs to make the fingers bend more evenly and that's about all.
Afterward I'm going to try and see if I can make it look cool somehow.
Spruce up the prettiness XD
MANHO!

Zirphex

Finished... I still wanna move the thumb down a bit to make it work better, but I don't feel like screwing it up a week away from when I wanna use it.
As for the back of it...
Not really steampunk, more of just me getting bored and designing.

but anywhoooo, here's some pictures.

MANHO!

XpHoBiaX

I made gunz ;D Well one, I painted up the other 2. Didn't find any cogs or gears...but that can be added later.

I am still getting the hang of using a new pic upload site....@_@ so don't get too mad at me lol

2010 cosplay...?

Zirphex

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 19, 2009, 03:26:18 PM

I made gunz ;D Well one, I painted up the other 2. Didn't find any cogs or gears...but that can be added later.

I am still getting the hang of using a new pic upload site....@_@ so don't get too mad at me lol

The first two are squirt guns no??
They look awesome  :3
MANHO!

Zirphex

lawl i got bored so I'm makin' some squirt guns too .__.
I can't say they'll look that cool, but I'll try :D

I actually saw those ones at big lots and they wanted $3 a piece.
They also had some other ones they wanted $2 for but I got 'em at the dollar tree for a buck each without packaging.
MANHO!

Zirphex

MANHO!

XpHoBiaX

Yeah I got mine (both) for $1 at Walmart a year or so ago. Never got around to painting them up until about a week or 2 ago. I made a long @ss scarf thing to wrap about my waist and tied the ends to the handles. Much like pirates did with their flintlocks. (I have a replica flintlock...didn't make it but I thought it was cool, so I bought it. I like gunz)
I sanded mine down a little, painted them up, then sprayed a sealing coat on them. X3

I love your guns! (shiny and pretty!!!) X3 if you're bringing them to fanime, we should meet up and take pics!!!

The arm you did is pretty awesome too. I want to make more stuff when I get back from fanime. X3

2010 cosplay...?

Zirphex

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 20, 2009, 10:22:37 PM
Yeah I got mine (both) for $1 at Walmart a year or so ago. Never got around to painting them up until about a week or 2 ago. I made a long @ss scarf thing to wrap about my waist and tied the ends to the handles. Much like pirates did with their flintlocks. (I have a replica flintlock...didn't make it but I thought it was cool, so I bought it. I like gunz)
I sanded mine down a little, painted them up, then sprayed a sealing coat on them. X3

I love your guns! (shiny and pretty!!!) X3 if you're bringing them to fanime, we should meet up and take pics!!!

The arm you did is pretty awesome too. I want to make more stuff when I get back from fanime. X3

Yeah I'm definitely gonna be there.
i'll show up sometime early friday.
I'm still actually sad that I didn't get to see your predator costume in person last year.
just pictures .__.
MANHO!

Drunkenlazybastard

last year I ran into a dude at the con who was rocking one of the most steampunk getups I've ever seen. he had the whole olive drab tench coat (looked like red army surplus) and WWI aviator goggles on, but he was carrying around this massive brassed out wooden backpack that had some gun and hose attached to it. pumping this one handle on it would make smoke pour out of the gun.

Loktera^2

Quote from: Zirphex on May 20, 2009, 09:20:25 PM

Very nice re-paint of the Dihydrogen Monoxide Expulsifiers. I have been reworking a few of my Non-Expanding Recreational Foam weaponry for use on airship defense and Sky-Kraken repulsification.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

Lucifargundam

Does anyone here know how to fix a pocketwatch whose gears wont budge unless you shake it?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

XpHoBiaX

You may want to take that to a professional, any number of things could be wrong with that. :(
It's a big deal fixing a pockect watch, unless you're fishing for parts for steampunkery....

2010 cosplay...?

Loktera^2

Quote from: Lucifargundam on July 29, 2009, 05:26:00 PM
Does anyone here know how to fix a pocketwatch whose gears wont budge unless you shake it?

That would be something that would have to be looked at in order for the problem to be properly diagnosed. If what you are looking at is a mechanical pocketwatch, get ready to pay a little more to have it repaired than an electric.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage